Author Topic: Sciatica?  (Read 13509 times)

Offline ChuckJ

Sciatica?
« on: June 11, 2016, 06:49:41 PM »
It appears that I may have sciatica in addition to my sinusitis. Has anyone here ever had sciatica? If so, what can I do at home to ease it off until I can get to the doctor Monday or Tuesday?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: Sciatica?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 07:40:58 PM »
Try this link; http://www.prevention.com/fitness/sciatica-stretches-you-can-do-bed

My daughter has an MPT (Masters in Physical Therapy) and gave these exercises to my wife.

Forgot to add; Figure 4 Stretch
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 07:46:25 PM by J P Sousa »
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 08:24:50 PM »
Try this link; http://www.prevention.com/fitness/sciatica-stretches-you-can-do-bed

My daughter has an MPT (Masters in Physical Therapy) and gave these exercises to my wife.

Forgot to add; Figure 4 Stretch

Thanks. I'll give them a try.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 11:34:07 PM »
There is almost no pain like it.

Early Christmas Day morning, around 2 AM, I had to take my mom to the ER for pain so bad she could hardly move. It turned out to be two baker cysts on the back side of her knee, pressing on the Sciatic and sending the pain up into her low back.

I have a long list of disc aliments. The pain is rough, somehow I keep working. My job is fast paced & requires a lot of concentration. One mistake and I could kill someone very easily. On nights like tonight, after I get home from work I can hardly move and have to wait for the pain to give me a break just so I can sleep. I sure hope you are able to find some answers and are able to get some relief.

Praying for your healing.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 04:47:40 PM »
There is almost no pain like it.

Early Christmas Day morning, around 2 AM, I had to take my mom to the ER for pain so bad she could hardly move. It turned out to be two baker cysts on the back side of her knee, pressing on the Sciatic and sending the pain up into her low back.

I have a long list of disc aliments. The pain is rough, somehow I keep working. My job is fast paced & requires a lot of concentration. One mistake and I could kill someone very easily. On nights like tonight, after I get home from work I can hardly move and have to wait for the pain to give me a break just so I can sleep. I sure hope you are able to find some answers and are able to get some relief.

Praying for your healing.

Thanks. Believe it or not it finally went completely away. For a couple of weeks after I had thought it had went away it would ambush me, but so far I've been two weeks or so without an incident.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 12:24:39 PM »
Thanks. Believe it or not it finally went completely away. For a couple of weeks after I had thought it had went away it would ambush me, but so far I've been two weeks or so without an incident.

I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better!