Author Topic: What is wrong with Ben Carson?  (Read 1887 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
What is wrong with Ben Carson?
« on: November 02, 2015, 05:00:05 PM »
Bigmack (7,726 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027307870

Ben Carson....why is he not doing anything in medicine..?

The man was indisputably a brilliant neurosurgeon.

Why isn't he consulting/teaching/mentoring/something?

I know everybody gets to decide when they are going to retire, but guys with life-saving skills and his kind of experience need to teach their craft to others. Don't they? Aren't they in demand?

Is there something I've missed? Some scandal or something?

Additionally, is it possible he's got some sort of dementia starting..? His affect is so low-key that it makes me wonder. Are his strange beliefs and lack of knowledge about such things as foreign policy topics that he should know about indicative of anything other than the usual Tea delusions?

::)

In 2002, Carson was forced to cut back on his break-neck pace after developing prostate cancer. He took an active role in his own case, reviewing X-rays and consulting with the team of surgeons who operated on him. Carson fully recovered from the operation cancer-free. The brush with death caused him to adjust his life to spend more time with his wife and their three children, Murray, Benjamin, Jr. and Rhoeyce.

After his recovery, Carson still kept a busy schedule, performing nearly 300 operations a year and speaking to various groups around the country. He has written several books including the autobiography Gifted Hands (1996). Three other works, The Big Picture (2000) and Think Big (2006), Take the Risk: Learning to Identify, Choose, and Live with Acceptable Risk (2009) are about his personal philosophies on success, hard work, risk and faith in God.

In recent years, Carson has focused more on politics than practicing medicine. He has been known as an outspoken conservative Republican. In 2012, he published America the Beautiful: Rediscovering What Made This Nation Great. In February 2013, Carson attracted a lot of attention for his speech at the National Prayer Breakfast. He criticized President Barack Obama for his positions on taxation and health care. He announced that he was officially retiring from his career as a surgeon the following month. That October, he was hired by Fox News in October 2013 to work as a contributor. In May 2014, Carson published his book One Nation: What We Can All Do To Save America's Future.

[that took 3 seconds of google-fu]

montanacowboy (3,671 posts)
4. Why has he retired?

it does not make sense - the great Dr Carson just quits medicine?

something does not smell right here - and his more than strange behavior, eyes closed, almost mumbling, like he is in a trance or something - there is some awful truth hidden here

Old Codger (2,911 posts)
6. It's like this

Crazy, lunatics don't need a reason for anything they do....In his case he thinks he is so far ahead of and above all things other than what he thinks of.. Surgeons are well known for their "god" syndromes

Peregrine Took (4,717 posts)
11. Was he really a "brilliant" neurosurgeon?

Who said so other than himself. What has Johns Hopkins ever said about him?

NV Whino (19,018 posts)
13. Could have something to do with malpractice suits

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/ben-carsons-patients-claim-malpractice-in-star-doctors-path-to-politics/

This is a pretty thorough discussion. It appears two suits are still pending. It also mentions, that because Johns Hopkins covers its doctor's malpractice insurance, there may be more suits naming the hospital but not specifically the doctor.

Vinca (25,078 posts)
15. I've wondered if Johns Hopkins gave him the retire or be fired option after he began exhibiting

signs of far right wing neurosis. He might be the world's best neurosurgeon, but I've got enough intact gray matter not to let him near me.

sorefeet (869 posts)
18. So his worth is 26 million that seems to be a lot of brain surgery. How much of that was taxpayer bucks. I personally think the guy has a screw loose.

could be the several top ten books he has written

GoldenOldie (1,532 posts)
20. Possibly some form of Autism? My daughter a mental health therapist thought he may have some form of be Autism. He could be brilliant in Medicine yet have difficulties in other formats.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Re: What is wrong with Ben Carson?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 05:44:07 PM »
::)

In 2002, Carson was forced to cut back on his break-neck pace after developing prostate cancer. He took an active role in his own case, reviewing X-rays and consulting with the team of surgeons who operated on him. Carson fully recovered from the operation cancer-free. The brush with death caused him to adjust his life to spend more time with his wife and their three children, Murray, Benjamin, Jr. and Rhoeyce.

After his recovery, Carson still kept a busy schedule, performing nearly 300 operations a year and speaking to various groups around the country. He has written several books including the autobiography Gifted Hands (1996). Three other works, The Big Picture (2000) and Think Big (2006), Take the Risk: Learning to Identify, Choose, and Live with Acceptable Risk (2009) are about his personal philosophies on success, hard work, risk and faith in God.

In recent years, Carson has focused more on politics than practicing medicine. He has been known as an outspoken conservative Republican. In 2012, he published America the Beautiful: Rediscovering What Made This Nation Great. In February 2013, Carson attracted a lot of attention for his speech at the National Prayer Breakfast. He criticized President Barack Obama for his positions on taxation and health care. He announced that he was officially retiring from his career as a surgeon the following month. That October, he was hired by Fox News in October 2013 to work as a contributor. In May 2014, Carson published his book One Nation: What We Can All Do To Save America's Future.

[that took 3 seconds of google-fu]

could be the several top ten books he has written

IF Ben Carson was a liberal, you idiots would be singing his praises and elevate him to a level almost as high as your current jugears.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 05:54:16 PM »
How dare the black man not do the leftist bidding.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 06:02:54 PM »
"What's wrong with Ben Carson?"

Independent thinking while black.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 06:31:30 PM »

Nothing pisses liberals more than a Negro leaving the plantation.  The path to independence for them darkies (in the minds of liberals) is the Underground (thought) Railroad.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 07:07:23 PM »
Ben just ain't with the program of survival.   Bless his heart for trying to make the Dindoos do sumptin. 

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 08:01:21 PM »
That's rich. A DUmmy who thinks he has the moral high road to tell Dr Carson he should be working instead of enjoying his well deserved retirement.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 08:02:48 PM »

I was gonna say "Republican while Black"... but yours works to.. :)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 08:04:52 PM »
Once again the DUmmies are digging for dirt and conspiracies where there are neither.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 08:21:41 PM »
What is wrong with Ben Carson? Well let's make a list.

1. He is intelligent

2. He is a hard worker

3. He can separate the truth from crap

4. He has accomplishments

5. He has manners and class

Basically DUmmies, he is and has everything you do not and are not. That's why in your tiny drug addled minds you believe there is something wrong with him.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 08:39:02 PM »
Response to Bigmack (Original post)Sun Nov 1, 2015, 10:44 PM
Peregrine Took (4,717 posts)
11. Was he really a "brilliant" neurosurgeon?

Who said so other than himself. What has Johns Hopkins ever said about him?

This primitive must be getting Dr. Carson mixed up with Sir Golfsalot.

Mr. Obama may have overestimated himself: he has also had a habit of warning new hires that he would be able to do their jobs better than they could.

“I think that I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters,” Mr. Obama told Patrick Gaspard, his political director, at the start of the 2008 campaign, according to The New Yorker. “I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m going to think I’m a better political director than my political director.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/03/us/politics/obama-plays-to-win-in-politics-and-everything-else.html?_r=0

Dr. Carson is fine.  But what the hell is wrong with the POS used car salesman?
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 08:47:17 PM »
Amazing how litle it takes to bring out the racism and bigotry of the DUmp.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 12:08:30 PM »
Nothing says how ****ed up the DUmp is than the hero worship of the "Gentle Giant" Michael Brown and their insane hate of Ben Carson.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 12:24:15 PM »
Response to Bigmack (Original post)

Mon Nov 2, 2015, 07:14 PM

Star Member bravenak (17,002 posts)
32. Ummm? He got prostate Cancer? That could seriously cut down on hours spent in surgery.

He does not seem to have dementia. It's just the blunts we be tokin at the Black people reunions!! Hey! J/K
No. He seems perfectly normal. He has always been kinda low key. No scandal that he won't tell on his own, nothing to dig up, he admits to his dirt. He was a Surgeon and science major not political science, so that's whats up with his foreign policy.
Do not know what strange beliefs means. Religious? Not any stranger than any other religion, imo.

Response to Bigmack (Original post)

Tue Nov 3, 2015, 12:27 AM

Star Member BigDemVoter (1,149 posts)
42. I am beginning to wonder just how brilliant of a surgeon he was.

He doesn't believe in evolution, and after all the other foolish things he's stated, I don't know that I would let that asshole operate on me or any other member of my family.

Response to BigDemVoter (Reply #42)

Tue Nov 3, 2015, 02:42 AM

Star Member bravenak (17,002 posts)
43. REALLY? My god. He pioneered an operation to separate conjoined twins!

How can he not be brilliant? He can be both, a brilliant surgeon AND a conservative christian.
Many blacks are conservative christians, I hope we can try not to run them off. Much of my family does not believe in evolution. They are not idiots. Religious.
He can out surgeon most surgeons. This is painful to watch. I hate this.

Will give her credit for being consistent.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 12:24:52 PM »
What is wrong with Ben Carson?

He decided to venture off the plantation and stand on his own two feet.  That according to the DUmmie way of thinking is craziness.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 01:00:06 PM »
I wonder if Doctor Carson used to hang around the Johns-Hopkins mail room back in the day....?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 01:04:06 PM »
I wonder if Doctor Carson used to hang around the Johns-Hopkins mail room back in the day....?
:ROFL:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 02:22:21 PM »
The DUchebags want the black doctor to be a slave to save lives? I bet just white lives like the DUche's lives.

Once again the true racists and slave drivers show themselves to be leftists/progressives.

Another trait of high IQ people is thinking black men should be forced into labor. Who knew?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 07:27:35 PM »
Will give her credit for being consistent.
Out of the context of who/what bn is, definite kudos for knowing somewhat of Carson and giving him the credit he is due. In that context, well, I don't know enough of her to know what that might be. Would bn, for example, have spoken up if DU-folk were among the Progs who crapped on G. W. Bush's TANG service? Would bn, for example, have spoken up if DU-folk were among the Progs who crapped on G. H. W. Bush's Navy service and DFC?

If I sound skeptical in those questions, I am, but based on what I've seen of Libs/Progs such as those who frequent DU and similar fever swamps. Not on extensive knowledge of bn.

The a priori assumption of many Libs/Progs is that only idiots, and/or mental cases, and/or evil persons would disagree with them. That's the lens through which they "see" a Carson, Rice, Bush, or Reagan. It'd be nice to think bn might notice and reflect on that, but I won't be turning blue waiting for that possibility.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 07:48:33 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 02:58:44 AM »
Poor Brave Neck just doesn't seem to grasp the fact that her fellow Primitives will dismiss any accomplishment...any brilliance a person might have...if they don't vote Democrat.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 04:35:47 AM »
Out of the context of who/what bn is, definite kudos for knowing somewhat of Carson and giving him the credit he is due. In that context, well, I don't know enough of her to know what that might be. Would bn, for example, have spoken up if DU-folk were among the Progs who crapped on G. W. Bush's TANG service? Would bn, for example, have spoken up if DU-folk were among the Progs who crapped on G. H. W. Bush's Navy service and DFC?

If I sound skeptical in those questions, I am, but based on what I've seen of Libs/Progs such as those who frequent DU and similar fever swamps. Not on extensive knowledge of bn.

The a priori assumption of many Libs/Progs is that only idiots, and/or mental cases, and/or evil persons would disagree with them. That's the lens through which they "see" a Carson, Rice, Bush, or Reagan. It'd be nice to think bn might notice and reflect on that, but I won't be turning blue waiting for that possibility.

Oh hell no,if he was not black she would be leading the crowd but at least giving her minimal credit for not being a hypocrite this time.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2015, 08:16:06 AM »
Oh hell no,if he was not black she would be leading the crowd but at least giving her minimal credit for not being a hypocrite this time.

If she's posting the truth about Carson out of racial solidarity she's doing a right thing for a very wrong reason. Not much creditable in that, IMO.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 08:25:24 AM »
If she's posting the truth about Carson out of racial solidarity she's doing a right thing for a very wrong reason. Not much creditable in that, IMO.

No but it is far ahead of most leftists who scream to the mountaintops how much they support minorities,women etc.
That is until one dares not to toe the party line.