Author Topic: Chocolate Chip Orange Shortbread  (Read 3070 times)

Offline jtyangel

Chocolate Chip Orange Shortbread
« on: January 28, 2008, 08:20:45 AM »
These are really awesome and they come from the Pillsbury Best Cookies Cookbook. When they are done they should look like a shortbread wedge with the long end dipped in chocolate. I'll try and scan the pic of them later

ENJOY!

Cookies

1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips

Glaze
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
1 teaspoon shortening

1. Heat oven to 325 F. In large bowl, combine powdered sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy. Add orange peel; blend well.
Add flour and cornstarch; mix well. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.

2. Divide dough into 4 parts; shape each into ball. On ungreased cookie sheets, press or roll each ball of dough into a 6-inch round, 1/4 inch thick. With knife, score each round into 8 wedges; leave wedges in place. Prick each wedge 3 times with fork.

3. Bake at 325 F for 17 to 27 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Prick again with fork; cut into wedges. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool 15 minutes or until completely cooled.

4. In small saucepan over low heat, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and shortening, stirring constantly. Dip rounded end of cooled shortbread wedges in melted chocolate; lace on waxed paper or wire rack. Let stand until set(take about 20-30 minutes until fully set).

Should make about 32 cookies and they are awesome!

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Chocolate Chip Orange Shortbread
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 08:47:18 AM »
Those do sound really good.  I wonder what they are like if dipped in melted chocolate mint chips?  Hmmm.

My daughter is looking for something new to wow/dazzle her church group this week.  This maybe the ticket!

:)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 09:17:44 AM »
Those do sound really good.  I wonder what they are like if dipped in melted chocolate mint chips?  Hmmm.

My daughter is looking for something new to wow/dazzle her church group this week.  This maybe the ticket!

:)

Try it, but I'd leave the orange peel out if you make it with mint.

These will dazzle. They were by far the favorites when I sent in this huge tray to my other half's work. Everyone thought they were worthy of a pricey cookie shop and they really don't cost all that much to make and they make a bunch. Follow the direction on scoring and cut by pushing down when you cut them. They are like any other shortbread--very delicate in that they can crumble if you fling them around too much, especially when they are warm. Let me know what you think if she makes them.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:23:27 AM »
Orange and mint is a great combination.  One of my favorite candies from the past had an orange filling with a mint chocolate coat. That's what gave me the idea.  :)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 10:08:34 AM »
Orange and mint is a great combination.  One of my favorite candies from the past had an orange filling with a mint chocolate coat. That's what gave me the idea.  :)

I love both those flavors so now I'm going to have to try the combo! My thighs thank you undies. :p