Author Topic: BainsBane Propositioned By A Pimp  (Read 34631 times)

Offline fitman

• Probationary (Probie)
BainsBane Propositioned By A Pimp
« on: January 10, 2014, 09:03:52 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/125534593

I was at the grocery store tonight and a guy said to me: "Do you want to make more money than you do in your current job? I live on Cedar. I can help you market your assets."  

"My assets," I asked incredulously.

He then said, "Well, if you're a seamstress or something."

I shook my head and then replied, "I make beaded jewelry." He said "the natives do that."  No, he wasn't interested in my jewelry.

I turned to walk away. I didn't say much because I wasn't even sure what had happened. I'm not exactly young anymore. My "assets" are middle-aged. I stopped by my aunt and cousin's place on the way home and told them the story and asked if he had proposed what I thought he had. They said yeah. He wouldn't have been anymore interested in seamstress skills than beading. He was offering to pimp me out.

I feel kind of weird, like maybe I should have told him off. I thought about saying something to the store manager so they would try to make sure he wouldn't bother other women in the store, but what he said was ambiguous enough that he could easily have denied it. I don't think anyone has propositioned me for paid sex since I was 14. I didn't know what to do.

BB's photo at a DU fundraiser last year

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:29:44 AM by fitman »

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: BainsBane Propositioned By A Pimp
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 09:33:49 AM »
BS for no  :spork: alert.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline fitman

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 09:37:48 AM »
BS for no  :spork: alert.

2nd time you have done that to me..pics bother you that much? Sensitive little fellow aren't you?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:40:26 AM by fitman »

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 09:41:31 AM »
Minneapolis must be a rockin' place in the wintertime!
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 09:41:47 AM »
Just a little friendly user hint:  When you quote one of those idiots, the norm is to highlight everything you're quoting, then click the little icon that looks like a cartoon speech bubble, right above the middle of the first row of smilies.  That will put the DU content in a quote box, and you can add your own commentary outside it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 09:43:58 AM »

2nd time you have done that to me..pics bother you that much? Sensitive little fellow aren't you?

Whiny little ****, aren't you.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline fitman

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 09:53:35 AM »
Whiny little ****, aren't you.

Stalk me much?? What the *** is your beef with me? Brave keyboard commando you are...would not say that to me in person.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 09:58:45 AM »
The poor man probably looked at how the DUche was dressed and tried to help it out by letting it clean his toilet.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 10:31:17 AM »
Stalk me much?? What the *** is your beef with me? Brave keyboard commando you are...would not say that to me in person.

Son, you might want to do a little more research on the person to whom you're flopping your jaws before you issue such a foolish challenge.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Charles Henrickson

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 10:32:47 AM »
BainsBane (22,214 posts)

A weird thing happened to me tonight

I was at the grocery store tonight and a guy said to me: "Do you want to make more money than you do in your current job? I live on Cedar. I can help you market your assets."

"My assets," I asked incredulously.

He then said, "Well, if you're a seamstress or something."

I shook my head and then replied, "I make beaded jewelry." He said "the natives do that." No, he wasn't interested in my jewelry.

I turned to walk away. I didn't say much because I wasn't even sure what had happened. I'm not exactly young anymore. My "assets" are middle-aged. I stopped by my aunt and cousin's place on the way home and told them the story and asked if he had proposed what I thought he had. They said yeah. He wouldn't have been anymore interested in seamstress skills than beading. He was offering to pimp me out.

I feel kind of weird, like maybe I should have told him off. I thought about saying something to the store manager so they would try to make sure he wouldn't bother other women in the store, but what he said was ambiguous enough that he could easily have denied it. I don't think anyone has propositioned me for paid sex since I was 14. I didn't know what to do.

In BainsBane's case, this would have to be called a true "bouncy."
Co-host (with PJ-Comix) of the DUmmie FUnnies, both on Free Republic and at the DUmmie FUnnies' own blogspot.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 10:35:30 AM »
In BainsBane's case, this would have to be called a true "bouncy."

Hers are more like floppies...and just as dated.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline fitman

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 10:47:33 AM »
Son, you might want to do a little more research on the person to whom you're flopping your jaws before you issue such a foolish challenge.

I'll meet him anytime in my gym...I'm just saying he would not call me a whiney ass  in person...and not going to be bullied by him and 2  other posters who keep stalking me from thread to thread.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:54:30 AM by fitman »

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 10:53:36 AM »
The pimp was just trying to start a new budget line called "Any Port in a Storm" not overly popular, but it does cover that poor illegal or drug addict demographic
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 11:04:47 AM »
I'll meet him anytime in my gym...I'm just saying he would not call me a whiney ass  in person...and not going to be bullied by him and 2  other posters who keep stalking me from thread to thread.

Hint;  Dutch don't fight fair

A.  Oversensitivity don't go over well on this forum.  I (and almost all Cavers) have plenty of BSs but have never been moved to internet badassnes.

3.  BSd for whining about BSs.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 11:07:26 AM »
Imaging all of those quarters jugs  :yahoo: would have to haul around.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 11:07:42 AM »
The pimp was just trying to start a new budget line called "Any Port in a Storm" not overly popular, but it does cover that poor illegal or drug addict demographic

Every sea captain knows the value of a foul weather port- and they don't come much more foul than PhDD.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 11:09:10 AM »

If I may add my occasionally eloquent two cents: your posts are often hard to read because you seem to reject tried-and-true CC conventions. Someone helped you format your prose, now let me
help you format your attitude: don't have one until you've developed a persona. Me, for example: I'm a douche, and have been accepted as such, even by those who could beat me to dust.

Humility before credibility, my friend.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 11:14:36 AM »

Notice how crafty she is: she hates men, but uses their misdeeds and insults to flatter herself in public. Of what use is this anecdote (which either didn't happen or was misconstrued) to DU, other
than to mention in yet another way that she has enough sweater meat to strangle a donkey?

Yes, BainsBane, you have large breasts. How nice for you.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 11:36:08 AM »

Shithead, I haven't even paid attention to your lame as **** posts. As for calling you a whiny piece of shit, I guess I will reference your above post.

Gym? Please, cupcake. You wouldn't last fifteen seconds.

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 11:38:43 AM »

:lol:

Yeah. I would.
Now stop being a sensitive little asswhipe and go read something educational.

Offline fitman

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 11:41:43 AM »
Shithead, I haven't even paid attention to your lame as **** posts. As for calling you a whiny piece of shit, I guess I will reference your above post.

Gym? Please, cupcake. You wouldn't last fifteen seconds.

Saw the pic of you with on your link ...your fat beer gut playing with your toy soldiers....not impressed.

No I am not sensitive..just not going to take crap from you on every thread I post on.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 11:44:32 AM »
Saw the pic of you with on your link ...your fat beer gut playing with your toy soldiers....not impressed.

No I am not sensitive..just not going to take crap from you on every thread I post on.

LOL. Who is stalking who?

Pathetic, dumbass.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 11:46:14 AM »

The posting format advice was just that good advice.  The spork alert BS was good natured fun.

Lighten up Francis.

Offline fitman

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 11:50:05 AM »
The posting format advice was just that good advice.  The spork alert BS was good natured fun.

Lighten up Francis.

No problem.. understand

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 11:50:28 AM »

Actually that is the very definition of sensitive. Seriously - take your lumps and play nice, especially with people who have been here forever.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO