Author Topic: Hello fellow citizens.  (Read 5829 times)

Offline PowerToThePeople

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: Hello fellow citizens.
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 06:54:33 PM »
This thread is an example of why your party can not win without gerrymandering the system.

Thank you, it was a  :censored: blast.
Capitalism, the scourge of humanity

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Re: Mr. Mannn. Where should I start?
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 06:55:29 PM »
There is this.....
I believe that anyone who exhibits such violent tendencies as shown in the quoted post should lose all rights the own and bear any firearms.  

And those are not the tactics of the Progressive?  Those are EXACTLY the tactics of the Progressive.

Not too fond of them are you?

Oh, come and get my weapons anytime.  Catastrophic Health Coverage would be a good idea.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2013, 06:56:18 PM »
This thread is an example of why your party can not win without gerrymandering the system.

Run, coward...
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2013, 07:00:21 PM »
Run, coward...

Just like ugly old bainsbane, but with smaller tits.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Re: To GOBUKS, let me help
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2013, 07:05:00 PM »
Here are a few of them.
edit-removing DU links

----------------------------------------------

A person gained their wealth by
By either
-exploiting the natural resources of this world for financial gain or
-exploiting the labor (human capital) of the world for financial gain or
-exploiting the consumers of the world by overcharging for products/services rendered.
-or some combination of these.
This wealth was denied to those who rightly deserved it by those who kept more for themselves.
This was either done directly by those who profited or via proxy, through investments or corporations which sheltered the individual from having to do the deed first hand.

It is right for this wealth to go back to the commons, where it was taken from in the first place.

Now, if you are talking about cash/physical property you saved throughout a lifetime of laboring and bootstrapping, then I have this to ask:

Do you not see that by your statements, you are supporting the very power structure that the oligarchs wish to maintain? Do you not see that they want you to fight for your right to hold onto your pittance after death? Because it supports their extreme hold over all of the world, even you and your future inheritors of pittance.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Escapism can work, if enough people participate.
the other day I posted this.
----------

The chain that bind us to them (the capitalists) is the US Dollar. The citizens of this country need to divorce themselves from it completely. They need to sell any stock that they may have in public corporations. They need to find another means of acquiring what they need for survival besides trading in the US dollar.

I was thinking that you could start with your local city or county. You could create a "public works" type of a system where a person can trade their labor to pay off public debt for Utilities and Property taxes. No dollars would be exchanged in this process. Nothing that could be save/traded/horded would exist in the process. All labor would be treated equally valuable. Municipalities would have much more labor and possibly be able to drop the use of private contractors for services. Citizens could possibly learn new, valuable skill sets.

Long term, there would need to be a way to acquire things currently made by the corporate world. Possibly the creation of citizen owned cooperatives that trade within this same system.

I know that this would likely end of evolving into a system similar to our current monetary system. The trick would be not allowing the "capital" to exist beyond the current need. it could not be horded for future use or to purchase more than your fair share.

More minds and stronger minds than mine would have to be involved with how to create such a system.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of humankind's wealth is blood money.
All that we 'have' is build off of death and abuse of weaker people. This is the history of man-kind. (there still may be a few pockets of indigenous people where this is not so)

We all need to accept this fact. We all need to think on this fact. In the end we all need to divorce ourselves from this and start a new history of mankind. One where we help the least among us instead of abuse them for personal gain. One where we do not kill another for gain. One where we wash off the stain that is our present and past economic systems based on abusing those less powerful than ourselves.

----------------------------

EDIT

My point being - there is so much talk about wealth, inequality, etc. It is a primary topic of this board and the world as a whole. We need to remember that this wealth is all built on the blood and lives of the unwilling. We were not the "superstar" who created our own wealth free and clear of these abuses. It doesn't not belong to us. It belongs to those who paid the price for it.

Nice compilation of Marxist drivel.  In all the instances above, an economic good, for which a fair price was paid, was produced.  Labor was compensated and the investors and the owners turn a profit.  As usual, the Marxist demands that goods be produced for no compensation.

Doesn't work, pookie.  Multiple examples exist.  Funny thing, too:  Owners, CEOs and even investors have never done anything to me,....... but give me a job for which a fair wage was given for honest work.  That's a bad word, I know.

Sorry.

Now, you can quibble about the fairness of the price paid, but that is directly affected by the amount of government interference and the repeatedly proven laws of supply and demand. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 07:14:49 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2013, 07:15:37 PM »

Why?...because we don`t promise freebies to everyone without work?

Yeah,you ****ing parasite imbeciles can garner votes for a few election cycles with that but the well will run dry.

Eat shit and die  :bird:

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2013, 07:19:19 PM »
It's a really stupid premise to begin with, one would have to assume that democrats don't gerrymander.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2013, 07:32:13 PM »

What the **** are you jabbering about?  :rotf:

Don't go away mad, just go away.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2013, 07:32:50 PM »
One down, seven to go.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2013, 07:35:18 PM »
What the **** are you jabbering about?  :rotf:

Don't go away mad, just go away.
I don't think I will be resisting any calls for banning with this lib. Even better if he's already self banned.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 07:37:00 PM »
PTTP, buddy... I hate to break it to you, but Elbridge Gerry was a Democrat. 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2013, 07:37:56 PM »
There is this.....
I believe that anyone who exhibits such violent tendencies as shown in the quoted post should lose all rights the own and bear any firearms.  

Apparently the concepts of humor and sarcasm are completely lost on you.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 07:39:19 PM »
If s/he's an anti-capitalist, s/he'd probably get a better audience on sites like Indymedia. There's a few like them on the island, but even mainstream Dems (and I'm not talking about what DU considers to be mainstream Dems, but rather true mainstream Dems) aren't anti-capitalist.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline NHSparky

Re: To Eaglekeeper
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 07:41:26 PM »
You are a bright one, aren't you?

1400 SAT (when it was two subjects and before it was "recentered") 32 ACT composite, 3.5 HS GPA, 3.6 GPA in nuke pipeline (99 AFQT, thanks for asking) 3.8 GPA for my degree in Engineering, work in nuclear power.

And you, smartass?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2013, 07:43:03 PM »
And a Che avatar. too.

Here's some notable quotes from Che:

“The blacks, those magnificent examples of the African race who have maintained their racial purity thanks to their lack of an affinity with bathing, have seen their territory invaded by a new kind of slave: the Portuguese.”

“The black is indolent and a dreamer; spending his meager wage on frivolity or drink; the European has a tradition of work and saving, which has pursued him as far as this corner of America and drives him to advance himself, even independently of his own individual aspirations.”

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2013, 07:44:32 PM »
1400 SAT (when it was two subjects and before it was "recentered") 32 ACT composite, 3.5 HS GPA, 3.6 GPA in nuke pipeline (99 AFQT, thanks for asking) 3.8 GPA for my degree in Engineering, work in nuclear power.

And you, smartass?
Don't forget the most important entry on your resume that highlights your stratospheric intellect. That being your expert espresso skills.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2013, 07:45:46 PM »

Look at the 10 most gerrymandered districts in the US.  How many of them are held by Democrats?

You.  Bag of fat dicks.  Start eating.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2013, 07:46:45 PM »
There is this.....

Says the person with the image of one of the most violent murderers in Cuban history.

Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2013, 07:51:08 PM »
Don't forget the most important entry on your resume that highlights your stratospheric intellect. That being your expert espresso skills.

I know, sad for me that I know the difference between a latte, espresso, café au lait, and cappuccino.  And I make them because I LIKE them, without charging $5 for one with a shitty attitude.

But then again, most mornings I'll stick to a cup of Dunkin Donuts drip as I head off to work making 5-6 times more than the average Starbucks barista--including their tips.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2013, 07:53:26 PM »
Says the person with the image of one of the most violent murderers in Cuban Western history.

FIFY.  The only reason he couldn't add a couple of zeros on to his total was he got turned into worm food first.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
  One where we do not kill another for gain. 

As Spashdown said, it is ironic that you say this while using a picture of one who does exactly that..........."kill another for gain".
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2013, 08:01:40 PM »
As Spashdown said, it is ironic that you say this while using a picture of one who does exactly that..........."kill another for gain".
Having no sense of irony is a basic human right.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2013, 08:02:21 PM »

And he also set up the system in Cuba that would eventually kill gays, dissidents and AIDS patients. But keep him as your idol, DUmmie...
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2013, 08:03:01 PM »
Hey Power! At least amuse us by posting how you taught us all a lesson at DU.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2013, 08:06:36 PM »
Being a star member for free at DU is a basic human right.