Author Topic: Ballygrl and Revolution collect reactions of the primitives election day  (Read 10892 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Ballygrl and Revolution collect reactions of the primitives election day
« Reply #225 on: November 07, 2012, 09:26:58 PM »
It looks like about 12 million less people voted.

And Uh Oh:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49729998/

Boeing Announces Big Layoffs in Defense Division
And it begins.

The first of the year is when most companies start cutting hours and personnel.  The new year is not going to be a good one for Obama.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2012, 09:30:41 PM »
And it begins.

The first of the year is when most companies start cutting hours and personnel.  The new year is not going to be a good one for Obama.

The bad part's going to start circa mid-December.

This isn't going to be a merry Christmas for many, and I hope to God the brunt of them are those who voted for Barack Milhous.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2012, 09:31:07 PM »
And it begins.

They're not allowed to bitch though, they voted for it.

I also read about 1 company (I'm sure there are many more) who are telling their employees that they're dropping their healthcare coverage and the employees will have to pay it on their own.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2012, 09:34:02 PM »
The bad part's going to start circa mid-December.

This isn't going to be a merry Christmas for many, and I hope to God the brunt of them are those who voted for Barack Milhous.
From my experience, it usually starts to happen right before Christmas.

The "hospitality" industry is a good indicator of the overall economy and the post-holiday slump is practically written in stone for anyone that works in restaurants.  Between New Year and Memorial Day, you can expect a lot of bad news.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2012, 09:34:24 PM »
Twitter comments about Boeing:

I bet a lot of Boeing employees voted Obama. Bye bye union man.

Funny how they didn't know this Monday.

200 k people laid at Boeing. But what do you care. Your idol was reelected. Don't care about the debt, unemployment vile

How incredibly unethical. Boeing announced layoffs today. Made back room deal with Obama not to annouce layoffs until after election.

Boeing cutting 30% Yay!! Obama Won!! OBAMA WON !!!! What's this? A Pink Slip?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2012, 09:35:39 PM »
And it begins.

29 hour a week employment: The new normal.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2012, 09:36:43 PM »
29 hour a week employment: The new normal.
Trying to live on 32 is hard enough.

Si, se puede!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2012, 10:07:57 PM »
They're not allowed to bitch though, they voted for it.
Of course they'll complain.

It's all entirely the fault of George W. Bush.

I guarantee, without any reservation, they will still be saying that in 2016, no matter how much more the muslim screws the country.

And all the serious, professional news media outlets will agree.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2012, 10:20:36 PM »
Of course they'll complain.

It's all entirely the fault of George W. Bush.

I guarantee, without any reservation, they will still be saying that in 2016, no matter how much more the muslim screws the country.

And all the serious, professional news media outlets will agree.

I agree, W will be an excuse for Barry Big Ears (BBE) as long as he is in office, that and the Republican held House is always obstructing BBE.

Might as well embrace the suck because it is here for the next four long years.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #234 on: November 07, 2012, 10:50:30 PM »
More layoffs:

http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/grusbf5/good-morning-america-heres-those-layoffs-you-voted

Mourning in America - Here's Those Layoffs We Voted For Last Night

<snippets>

Welch Allyn

Welch Allyn, a company that manufactures medical diagnostic equipment in central New York, announced in September that they would be laying off 275 employees, or roughly 10% of their workforce over the next three years.  One of the major reasons discussed for the layoffs was a proactive response to the Medical Device Tax mandated by the new healthcare law.

Dana Holding Corp.

As recently as a week ago, a global auto parts manufacturing company in Ohio known as Dana Holding Corp., warned their employees of potential layoffs, citing "$24 million over the next six years in additional U.S. health care expenses".  After laying off several white collar staffers, company insiders have hinted at more to come.  The company will have to cover the additional $24 million cost somehow, which will likely equate to numerous cuts in their current workforce of 25,500 worldwide.

Stryker

One of the biggest medical device manufacturers in the world, Stryker will close their facility in Orchard Park, New York, eliminating 96 jobs in December.  Worse, they plan on countering the medical device tax in Obamacare by slashing 5% of their global workforce - an estimated 1,170 positions.

Boston Scientific

In October of 2009, Boston Scientific CEO Ray Elliott, warned that proposed taxes in the health care reform bill could "lead to significant job losses" for his company.  Nearly two years later, Elliott announced that the company would be cutting anywhere between 1,200 and 1,400 jobs, while simultaneously shifting investments and workers overseas - to China.

Medtronic

In March of 2010, medical device maker Medtronic warned that Obamacare taxes could result in a reduction of precisely 1,000 jobs.  That plan became reality when the company cut 500 positions over the summer, with another 500 set for the end of 2013.

Others

A short list of other companies facing future layoffs at the hands of Obamacare:

Smith & Nephew - 770 layoffs
Abbott Labs - 700 layoffs
Covidien - 595 layoffs
Kinetic Concepts - 427 layoffs
St. Jude Medical - 300 layoffs
Hill Rom - 200 layoffs

Darden Restaurants

According to the Orlando Sentinel, Darden Restaurants, a casual dining chain best known for their Red Lobster, Olive Garden and LongHorn Steakhouse restaurants, is "experimenting with limiting the hours of some of its workers to avoid health care requirements under the Affordable Care Act when they take effect in 2014".

JANCOA Janitorial Services

The CEO of JANCOA, Mary Miller, testified to Congress that Obamacare was a "dream killer", adding that one option she had to consider "is reducing the majority of my team members to part-time employment in order to reduce the amount that I will be penalized."

Kroger

The American retailer in Cincinnati, Ohio recently was reported to be planning a significant slashing of their hourly workers.

Summary

This is by no means, meant to be an exhaustive list.  But it is meant to provide examples of real companies, real jobs, and real names, soon to be added to the growing list of employment casualties provided by the inevitable implementation of Obamacare.

Last night, America voted for four more years of President Obama and his destructive economic and health care policies.  By extension, America last night voted their approval of the aforementioned layoffs and overall work reduction.

Now we must accept the inevitable.  Welcome to mourning in America.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #235 on: November 07, 2012, 10:52:27 PM »
Here it is, twenty-four hours later, and I'm still checking on Drudge, hoping that last night after I'd gone to sleep, I hadn't wakened up yet, and this is just a nightmare, and now I'm awake, and maybe it never happened.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #236 on: November 08, 2012, 12:01:17 AM »
Haven't posted much today, but I too hoped it was a horrible nightmare. It....isn't. America may be in mourning, , but we can still do two things at once, so we should FIGHT! We need GRIDLOCK. As much as we can get. When Obama tries to make his USSC pick, stonewall it. Block it as the Dims did when Bush tried to make his. With this choice yesterday night, we now know what we have to do. Play hardball, hit below the belt, and NEVER give in. Whatever it takes to kill liberalism. Period. I have been inspired, and my fingers are on a roll. Enough is enough. He may be our POTUS, but he can't, and WON'T control everything!

I don't know about all of you, but if I get a call to fight, I do what I can. That's exactly what I'm going to do.

*stands defiantly against any, and all Obamabot/Demorat*
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:05:23 AM by Revolution »

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #237 on: November 08, 2012, 12:04:16 AM »
Haven't posted much today, but I too hoped it was a horrible nightmare. It....isn't. America may be in mourning, , but we can still do two things at once, so we should FIGHT! We need GRIDLOCK. As much as we can get. When Obama tries to make his USSC pick, stonewall it. Block it as the Dims did when he tried to make his. With this choice yesterday night, we now know what we have to do. Play hardball, hit below the belt, and NEVER give in. Whatever it takes to kill liberalism. Period. I have been inspired, and my fingers are on a roll. Enough is enough. He may be our POTUS, but he can't, and WON'T control everything!

I don't know about all of you, but if I get a call to fight, I do what I can. That's exactly what I'm going to do.

*stands defiantly against any, and all Obamabot/Demorat*

That's the spirit.  That's what decent and civilized people got to do.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #238 on: November 08, 2012, 12:07:19 AM »
I find it very odd that this happens, but when a decent, and civilized person is down, sure they're stunned for a while, but then? Well...then usually get up RAGING pissed! That's how I've been feeling. I can't describe it any better.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #239 on: November 08, 2012, 04:04:41 AM »
I looked up something.

If past trends are any clue as to future performance, this is what it looks like.

A political party in the White House serving two full terms, the second mid-term election in that tenure (which in this case will be 2014):

The U.S. House election, 1938 was an election for the United States House of Representatives in 1938 which occurred in the middle of President Franklin Roosevelt's second term. Roosevelt's Democratic Party lost a net of 72 seats to the Republican Party, who also picked up seats from minor Progressive and Farmer-Labor Parties.

The U.S. House election, 1950 was an election for the United States House of Representatives in 1950 which occurred in the middle of President Harry Truman's second term.

As the Korean War began and Truman's personal popularity plummeted for a second time during his presidency, his Democratic Party lost a net 28 seats to the Republican Party. This was the first election since 1908 where no third parties acquired any seats in the House.

The U.S. House election, 1958 was an election for the United States House of Representatives in 1958 which occurred in the middle of Dwight Eisenhower's second term.

The economy was suffering the Recession of 1958, which Democrats blamed on Eisenhower. The President's Republican Party lost 48 seats in this midterm election, increasing the Democratic Party's majority to a commanding level. Another factor which may have contributed to the Democratic gains include public consternation over the launch of Sputnik and Cold War politics.

The U.S. House election, 1966 was an election for the United States House of Representatives in 1966 which occurred in the middle of President Lyndon Johnson's second term. As the Vietnam War continued to escalate and race riots exploded in cities across the country, Johnson's popularity had fallen, and the opposition Republican Party was able to gain a net of 47 seats from Johnson's Democratic Party, which nonetheless maintained a clear majority in the House.

The U.S. House election, 1974 was an election for the United States House of Representatives in 1974 that occurred in the wake of the Watergate scandal, which had forced President Richard M. Nixon to resign in favor of Gerald Ford. This scandal allowed the Democratic Party to make large gains in the House election, taking 49 seats from the Republican Party and increasing their majority above the two-thirds mark.

The United States House of Representatives election, 1986 was held on November 4, 1986, in the middle of President Ronald Reagan's second term in office. As in most midterm elections, the President's party—in this case, the Republican Party — lost seats, with the Democratic Party gaining a net of five seats and cementing its majority. These results were not as dramatic as those in the Senate, where the Republicans lost control of the chamber to the Democrats.

The U.S. House elections in 1998 were part of the midterm elections held during President Bill Clinton's second term. They were a major disappointment to the Republican Party, which was expecting to gain seats due to the embarrassment Clinton suffered during the Monica Lewinsky scandal, and the "six-year itch" effect observed in most second-term midterm elections. Instead, the GOP lost five seats to the Democratic Party, but retained a narrow majority in the House.

The 2006 United States House of Representatives elections were held on November 7, 2006.....Democrats gained 31 seats in the House, enough to take control, and Republicans became the minority party after 12 years of control. In addition, two seats went to December runoffs, and one seat was still unresolved at the opening of the new Congress. In one Louisiana runoff, a Democratic incumbent defeated a Democratic challenger. In a Texas runoff, a Democratic challenger defeated a Republican incumbent. The Republican candidate in the Florida 13th was eventually certified as the winner, and was seated by the House pending judicial and congressional investigation into voting machine irregularities.

It appears 1998 was an anomaly; 2014 ain't going to be any 1998.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2012, 07:02:55 AM »
I've been thinking that maybe there is a silver lining in the cloud after all. If Romney were to have won and even though we know he would have tried to fix things, the fix may not have come along in time and the whole thing ends up crashing giving the GOP the blame. So now instead we have 0bama in office and when it comes crashing down he will be at the helm and he will be blamed by all sane decent folks including some of those who were fooled into voting 0bama. Then that will leave the GOP with the task of rebuilding and maybe just maybe we can rebuild this country again and weaken the left for at 20 years.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2012, 08:16:14 AM »
I've been thinking that maybe there is a silver lining in the cloud after all. If Romney were to have won and even though we know he would have tried to fix things, the fix may not have come along in time and the whole thing ends up crashing giving the GOP the blame. So now instead we have 0bama in office and when it comes crashing down he will be at the helm and he will be blamed by all sane decent folks including some of those who were fooled into voting 0bama. Then that will leave the GOP with the task of rebuilding and maybe just maybe we can rebuild this country again and weaken the left for at 20 years.

That crossed my mind, too.  The thing is, Obama will still blame Bush.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #242 on: November 08, 2012, 08:36:17 AM »
That crossed my mind, too.  The thing is, Obama will still blame Bush.

While he will try I have the feeling that soon that argument is going to grow very old for the mush minded indpendents that said "oh gee,lets give him another chance" on Tuesday.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #243 on: November 08, 2012, 08:54:28 AM »
It appears 1998 was an anomaly; 2014 ain't going to be any 1998.

IIRC Clinton got his rotten mid-term in his first term, in 1994, and later congressional elections confirmed.  Only started slipping the other way during the run-up to the failed impeachment (which came right after the 1998 midterms) and Newt's resignation (at the time, I was saying "don't impeach unless you know you can convict, and you won't with that Senate").
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #244 on: November 08, 2012, 09:14:43 AM »
IIRC Clinton got his rotten mid-term in his first term, in 1994, and later congressional elections confirmed.  Only started slipping the other way during the run-up to the failed impeachment (which came right after the 1998 midterms) and Newt's resignation (at the time, I was saying "don't impeach unless you know you can convict, and you won't with that Senate").

While you're right about the timing, Obama's not going to get a free ride this time.  I think that if the truth really starts hitting the wires about Benghazi, he may lose another 30 to 40 seats in the HOR, and numerous Senate seats.

I looked at the Wikipedia link in another thread about those US seantors up for reelection.  It's 20-13 this time.  Of the 20 listed, six had margins of less than 10%--OR, NC, NH, MN, LA, and AK.  The NH seat will probably stay in that camp, I would think.  Both the AK and the MN seats were 1% or less.  The LA seat is currently occupied by Mary Landrieu, whio won by 6%.  Easy to retake the Senate?  No, but nothing that's worth doing ever is.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #245 on: November 08, 2012, 11:50:03 AM »

I looked for the tape and I can't find it, but Rush played a clip of Art Laffer and he said this was the election to lose, basically he said the economy is going to be horrible.

Offline Dori

« Reply #246 on: November 08, 2012, 11:59:53 AM »
I looked for the tape and I can't find it, but Rush played a clip of Art Laffer and he said this was the election to lose, basically he said the economy is going to be horrible.

I heard that too.  I kind of agreed with Laffer in a way, but there are more things to worry about besides just the economy.  Like the Supreme Court picks (we could lose three),  the mess in the ME, Obama's secret arrangement with Russia, etc.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler