Author Topic: Official SOTU annoy the Left by telling how real Americans are suffering Thread  (Read 9139 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
:rofl:  I don't have a DVR.  TV isn't that important.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
You know if you DVR it and fast forward over all the hope and change parts it may last only 5 - 10 minutes seconds.

BTW, over/under on standing ovations anyone?

That's about all I can stand to look at him.

What's the over/under on how many times he uses "I", "ME", or "MY"?  Is there actually a number that goes that high?
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline jukin

It should be called STFU instead of SOTU

BINGO! ^5
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
:rofl:  I don't have a DVR.  TV isn't that important.

The DVR here is used for two things, football and my wife's one soap opera.

I never understood how an educated women could follow a show that our Sheltie could be a writer for.

She thinks the same thing about me following a team of grown men kicking the crap out of each for a little bit of pigskin.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
The DVR here is used for two things, football and my wife's one soap opera.

I never understood how an educated women could follow a show that our Sheltie could be a writer for.

She thinks the same thing about me following a team of grown men kicking the crap out of each for a little bit of pigskin.

It's like an old dirt biker saying I saw onetime:

"Those who do, can't explain.  Those who don't, can't understand."
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
That's about all I can stand to look at him.

What's the over/under on how many times he uses "I", "ME", or "MY"?  Is there actually a number that goes that high?

I would think infinity kinda defeats the whole over/under concept.  Maybe infinity -1 = under and infinity +1 = over?
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
I decided to do a glycolic peel while he gives his STFU, if I'm going to get burned I would rather do it myself.

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
Well if you can't stomach Glorious Comrade Leader you could watch this instead~

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QFLsxeEl5I[/youtube]

Then follow it with this one~

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrE5qmXf9c0[/youtube]

And the sequel is good too~

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lzPbJ_ek5c[/youtube]

And that should get you through the vacuum of the next hour.  :-)

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Just saw Michelle, she has a royal blue dress on. UGH! there's Hillary and Holder!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Here's the DU Link to their official thread, I'll be a bi-reporter for this SOTU, reporting here and what they say there.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002215317
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

Listening on the radio... they're already playing clips of previous speeches.

This guy is unbelievable, as in I don't believe a word of it.  I hear noises coming out of his mouth but they're all nonsense.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
ellisonz
16. 6 members of the Supreme Court have entered.

Looks like no Scalia, Alito, or Thomas.

Response to ellisonz (Reply #16)

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 08:59 PM

Star Member NYC Liberal
20. Why the angry face? We should be GLAD they're not there!

Who needs them?

I don't think Scalia ever goes anyway.

Response to NYC Liberal (Reply #20)

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 09:00 PM

Star Member ellisonz
26. Disrespect to the Office IMHO.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
msanthrope
33. The cabinet is in!!!! OMFG....Hillary has a headband on...

View profile
I remember those headbands from the 92 campaign.....Kick ass.

And that addresses all the domestic problems how?

Offline Chris_

The clowns on the radio are describing what Sheila Jackson Lee is wearing.  Really?  Do I need to know that?

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Sheila Jackson Lee always getting her face on camera!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
The clowns on the radio are describing what Sheila Jackson Lee is wearing.  Really?  Do I need to know that?

They don't want the American people to realize how miserable the State of the Economy is!

Offline Chris_

I'm wondering if we should have a separate thread in the forum.  It might get a little crowded in here.

Meh.  It's only Obama.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Obama makes me want to smash my TV...can we get a synopsis of the events?
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

msanthrope
33. The cabinet is in!!!! OMFG....Hillary has a headband on...

View profile
I remember those headbands from the 92 campaign.....Kick ass.
OMG! *swoon!*  It's like Big Dog is back!  Headbands!  Good times are here again!

:whatever:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Ewwwwww Kagan!

I'm wondering if we should have a separate thread in the forum.  It might get a little crowded in here.

Meh.  It's only Obama.

I'll keep the DU comments to a minimum, maybe just report the kookiest of the kooky ones?

And Ewwwww Debbie Wasserman Schultz!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Being superficial for a moment, Boehner and Biden look handsome.

Oh! not much applause when Boehner announced Obama.

Offline Chris_

Oh God, here he goes.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Obama says we're more respected around the world

seriously?

Offline Chris_

Big talk about the military.  I noticed there was no ticker tape parade for them when they came back, though.

I guess that's what you get when a liberal is in the White House.

Offline Chris_

"Too many of our institutions have let us down".

Gee, I wonder who's responsible for that, Barry?