Author Topic: DU you know?  (Read 10539 times)

Offline thundley4

Re: DU you know?
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 04:23:20 PM »
ONLY GOVERNMENT CAN PROTECT US

IIRC - Cargill initiated the recall before the government ordered one.

Could that be why there are spinners out saying that salmonella is not as dangerous as other contaminants?  Trying to save face for the government for not doing their job?

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 07:11:06 PM »
if i ate ground turkey, which i have not tried, and i cooked it to the recommended temperature, would i not kill the salmonella???

and i heard that cargill has had positive salmonella tests in the last year but it wasnt a concern. im thinking there is an "acceptable level" which their tests maintained so they did not stop production.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »
Long article but good, just a snippet of the article, the rest can be read at the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2024284/UK-riots-2011-Liberal-dogma-spawned-generation-brutalised-youths.html

Years of liberal dogma have spawned a generation of amoral, uneducated, welfare dependent, brutalised youngsters

They have no code of values to dissuade them from behaving anti-socially or, indeed, criminally, and small chance of being punished if they do so.

They have no sense of responsibility for themselves, far less towards others, and look to no future beyond the next meal, sexual encounter or TV football game.

They are an absolute deadweight upon society, because they contribute nothing yet cost the taxpayer billions. Liberal opinion holds they are victims, because society has failed to provide them with opportunities to develop their potential.

Most of us would say this is nonsense. Rather, they are victims of a perverted social ethos, which elevates personal freedom to an absolute, and denies the underclass the discipline — tough love — which alone might enable some of its members to escape from the swamp of dependency in which they live.

Only education — together with politicians, judges, policemen and teachers with the courage to force feral humans to obey rules the rest of us have accepted all our lives — can provide a way forward and a way out for these people.

They are products of a culture which gives them so much unconditionally that they are let off learning how to become human beings. My dogs are better behaved and subscribe to a higher code of values than the young rioters of Tottenham, Hackney, Clapham and Birmingham.

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 07:08:18 AM »
Years of liberal dogma have spawned a generation of amoral, uneducated, welfare dependent, brutalised youngsters

Generally, a high-speed interface of flesh and lead tends to correct this.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 12:39:57 PM »
Ballygrl, concerning your post about the Wisconsin Reporter, those comments were awesome!  One commenter wanted to disseminate the following, so I bring it here:

Kevin Commins
Posted August 6, 2011 at 11:34 am | Permalink
Zielinski posted on twitter a few weeks ago:

“It’s Medicare’s 45th birthday. Celebrate by punching a Republican”

Well GZ. What happens is next: I post your comments inciting violence against Republicans and your threats against the press far and wide

WI finally getting tired of union thuggery. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 01:11:13 PM »
Amazing Karin, and we're the "violent" ones?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2011, 06:09:48 PM »
Advice you should heed but of course you won't. In reference to a few disruptors at the Romney event:

Jim Lane  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-11-11 05:10 PM
Response to Original message
14. Sorry, but I don't find it particularly awesome.

Most of the people in the audience were just venting. I agree with a lot of what they said, but it wasn't any kind of reasoned exchange.

Undecided voters who watch this clip would be likely to come away feeling some sympathy for Romney.

It may make you feel good to shout people down and sound like lunatics, but do you really think the average American would side with you? NO!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2011, 01:45:22 PM »
Uh Oh!

http://www.gallup.com/CustomPages/Daily.aspx?site=WWW&space=WWWHPRIBBON

Obama Job Approval
Approve 39%

Disapprove 54%

U.S. Employment
Underemployed 18.2%

Unemployed 9.0%

Economic Conditions
Excellent/Good 8%

Poor 53%

Economic Outlook
Getting Better 17%

Getting Worse 79%

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2011, 11:38:01 PM »
http://biggovernment.com/mpolege/2011/08/15/move-on-up-org-stepping-outside-the-template/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+BigGovernment+(Big+Government)

Move-On-Up.org: Stepping Outside the Template

<snipped> here's some highlights, the rest can be read at the link:

Move-On-Up.org describes their Mission in 3 parts:

1. “…to have a centralized meeting place for African-Americans to network, share ideas, and let the closet conservatives among us know that they are NOT ALONE.”

2. “…to grow a true grassroots movement, unbureaucratic organization that will be a needed force on the national scene to advance our agenda within the national debate.”

3. “…to find tomorrow’s future leaders and candidates for elected office at the local, state, and federal levels. Move-On-Up.org’s 527 PAC will provide the infrastructure for the moral and financial support necessary so that these candidates can wage credible, winning campaigns.”

They also describe their 5 founding principles as such:
Renewing our Economy – Our goal is to empower the African American people by expanding employment and entrepreneurial opportunities.

Health Care Reform – Health care is a personal issue, and informed individuals can make better decisions about their own care than government.

Securing our borders – We need to gain control of our borders and enforce our immigration laws while encouraging legal immigrants who come seeking the American Dream.

Education – Education, while a national priority, is a local responsibility. We believe that parents, teachers, and local school boards are the key to true education reform — not big government. We support school choice initiatives such as vouchers, charters schools and homeschooling.

Strengthening our families – We uphold and respect traditional institutions such as marriage between a man and a woman. We are committed to protecting the life of innocents from conception through the infirmities of age. This value must be nurtured in both our culture and our laws.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 01:06:08 PM »
You believe in wealth distribution? how about GPA distribution?

http://exposingleftists.com/

[youtube=425,350]lOyaJ2UI7Ss[/youtube]

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011, 03:20:40 PM »
You believe in wealth distribution? how about GPA distribution?
That reminds me of a guy I know who calculated his average phone number.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2011, 03:29:29 PM »
That reminds me of a guy I know who calculated his average phone number.

I have no idea what that means LOL.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 11:09:52 AM »
Heads up! Cheney being interviewed by Rush at 1PM EST.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2011, 03:49:51 PM »
People are trying to get a flash mob going at the 9/11 ceremony tomorrow, when Mayor Bloomberg speaks they're hoping everyone will start singing Amazing Grace.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2011, 04:02:02 PM »
^That would be excellent! Just drown the miserable  :censored: out.

I'm not the violent type unless provoked, but speaking of the various ceremonies, BG, there was an article in the paper yesterday about a local Troofer. Crazy dude believes all kinds of other whacked out stuff too. They actually cited some of his beliefs in bullet points. They also quoted him as saying he is unsure if he's going to the ceremony of rememberence tomorrow at a local park. I know I'll be there. However, if this guy is there, and he starts any kind of bovine scatology, I will indeed consider it provocation. Pissing on the memories of so many fallen, and so many more who will never be the same.

I just really hope he doesn't show tomorrow...

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2011, 05:49:27 PM »
^That would be excellent! Just drown the miserable  :censored: out.

I'm not the violent type unless provoked, but speaking of the various ceremonies, BG, there was an article in the paper yesterday about a local Troofer. Crazy dude believes all kinds of other whacked out stuff too. They actually cited some of his beliefs in bullet points. They also quoted him as saying he is unsure if he's going to the ceremony of rememberence tomorrow at a local park. I know I'll be there. However, if this guy is there, and he starts any kind of bovine scatology, I will indeed consider it provocation. Pissing on the memories of so many fallen, and so many more who will never be the same.

I just really hope he doesn't show tomorrow...

I was youtubing a bunch of 9/11 things last night and ran across a few truthers, the wimps, they disabled comments on their youtubes.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2011, 06:05:05 PM »
Yep. That's usually the way of them. Cover their ears, and scream "lalalalalalala!" in an effort to conceal ACTUAL truth.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2011, 07:17:51 PM »
Yep. That's usually the way of them. Cover their ears, and scream "lalalalalalala!" in an effort to conceal ACTUAL truth.

The divorcee living above me is a partial troofer.  She thinks that the Pentagon was hit by a missile.  I told her that I thought that she was crazy.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »
The divorcee living above me is a partial troofer.  She thinks that the Pentagon was hit by a missile.  I told her that I thought that she was crazy.
'

What idiots! what do they think happened to Barbara Olson?

Offline redwhit

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2011, 09:51:24 PM »
'

What idiots! what do they think happened to Barbara Olson?

One of the more asinine troofers says they're in Aruba now.  No doubt being entertained by Elvis and Jim Morrison.

:mental:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2011, 10:42:32 PM »
One of the more asinine troofers says they're in Aruba now. 
Impossible. Nancy Grace would have found them by now.

Offline redwhit

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2011, 12:56:51 PM »
Impossible. Nancy Grace would have found them by now.

Truly outstanding!   :lol:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2011, 12:46:11 PM »
Looks like Conservatives have taken over Obama's "snitch on your fellow Americans" Twitter account :lmao:

http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23attackwatch

Offline Karin

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2011, 12:52:18 PM »
Can you quote some of it?  I can't get there from here, as they say in Maine. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2011, 01:09:17 PM »
Can you quote some of it?  I can't get there from here, as they say in Maine.

Sure! this is from The Hill, when you get home you have to go to the Twitter link, the posts are :lmao:

http://thehill.com/blogs/twitter-room/other-news/181413-new-pro-obama-hashtag-backfires-on-twitter

Pro-Obama hashtag backfires on Twitter
By Alicia M. Cohn - 09/14/11 10:04 AM ET

A new Twitter hashtag designed to help fight misinformation against President Obama appears to have backfired in early use on Wednesday.

President Obama's Twitter feed, which is run by his campaign staff, on Tuesday evening started promoting the new website AttackWatch.com and hashtag #AttackWatch, designed to fight misinformation against the president.

The hashtag was already in heavy rotation by Twitter users by Wednesday morning, but many users are conservatives such as columnist Michelle Malkin, who offered up her own daily column as an example of an Obama "attack."

The website is meant to be "the first line of defense against a barrage of misinformation," according to an email from Obama's campaign manager announcing the launch on Tuesday.

Businessman Herman Cain, a Republican presidential hopeful, also responded to the announcement of the website on Wednesday.

"Seriously?" he tweeted.

Here are a few Tweets to show you what people are doing :lmao:

#AttackWatch There's a new Twitter account making President Obama look like a creepy, authoritarian nutjob: @AttackWatch
16 hours ago

#attackwatch complaints cannot include any of the following: Muslims Extremist, Black Panthers, Unions, or Illegals.
20 minutes ago

Someone should ask Team Obama how they think #attackwatch is going to far. It's been a non-stop mockfest since it was unveiled