Author Topic: Egypt sentences 5 men for homosexuality - Christians at fault  (Read 31954 times)

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
Re: Egypt sentences 5 men for homosexuality - Christians at fault
« Reply #200 on: April 14, 2008, 02:14:23 PM »
By your own admission, you assumed Bondai meant something that was never posted. You read between the lines and refused to accept the explanation. So, no, this is not an issue of whether or not I think your criticism is fair. It's about being dead wrong and refusing to admit it when you've been given clarification. Feel free to continue to disagree with the others though. They are also invited to disagree with you. By all means, debate away. Keep it civil and on topic though. 

Again, consider this a general warning to all. And please use the Fight Club for any beefs you have. It's why we have it.

Only Bondai knows if he really meant what he wrote, but the meaning of what he wrote was pretty clear... Curses to all those who think that executing homosexuals is a bad idea.

The only difference between us is that you're willing to believe Bondai's claim that he didn't mean what he wrote and I'm not.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #201 on: April 14, 2008, 02:16:26 PM »
No "glee" involved.  I just could not care less.

At the very least, you think that executing homosexuals would make the world a better place. Pretty hateful.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #202 on: April 14, 2008, 02:23:41 PM »

At the very least, you think that executing homosexuals would make the world a better place. Pretty hateful.

Actually no "hate" involved.....I think most of us would be fine if they just returned to the "closet", and left the rest of us alone......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #203 on: April 14, 2008, 02:27:09 PM »
Actually no "hate" involved.....I think most of us would be fine if they just returned to the "closet", and left the rest of us alone......

doc

If Badcat had written that had written that the execution of Jews is no big deal and that the world would be better off without them, would you not describe him as hateful?
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #204 on: April 14, 2008, 02:31:11 PM »

doc

If Badcat had written that had written that the execution of Jews is no big deal and that the world would be better off without them, would you not describe him as hateful?

Either take it up in the Fight Club or drop it HERE jackass.

You have already been warned by a Mod.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #205 on: April 14, 2008, 02:32:23 PM »

doc

You got that right.  Liberals realized they were not winning the argument, so, as required by the Liberals Bible, they changed the rules.  The new rule states that opposing the radical homosexual agenda equals hating homosexuals.  It is dishonest and absurd, but hey! we are dealing with liberals, so we have to expect dishonesty and absurdity.  Liberalism cannot exist without them.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2008, 02:37:56 PM »
By your own admission, you assumed Bondai meant something that was never posted. You read between the lines and refused to accept the explanation. So, no, this is not an issue of whether or not I think your criticism is fair. It's about being dead wrong and refusing to admit it when you've been given clarification. Feel free to continue to disagree with the others though. They are also invited to disagree with you. By all means, debate away. Keep it civil and on topic though. 

Again, consider this a general warning to all. And please use the Fight Club for any beefs you have. It's why we have it.

Only Bondai knows if he really meant what he wrote, but the meaning of what he wrote was pretty clear... Curses to all those who think that executing homosexuals is a bad idea.

The only difference between us is that you're willing to believe Bondai's claim that he didn't mean what he wrote and I'm not.
That was exactly the point myself and several others tried to hammer into you. Bondai even came back and clarified it for you.

This is the final warning. I am going to shut this thread down if you persist. Start a thread in the Fight Club if you have issues with someone. Get back on track NOW.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #207 on: April 14, 2008, 02:43:25 PM »

Actually the difference is that I'm not willing to guess and speculate at what Bondia meant when he stated this, as you seem to guess and speculate as to what his claim was.

Some act as though the death penalty for homosexuals is a bad idea.... :censored:

That's the same problem with HCL............it leaves it open to people determining ones thoughts when a crime was commited, hence punishing one person unequally under the law. If it's illegal to be a homosexual in Egypt or Iran and you are executed for it as prescribed by their law, then I see nothing wrong. They have broken a law by making a choice to break the law as just a few post ago you stated.

Homosexual behavior is a choice, but the reason why some people are attracted to persons of the same sex may be the result of genetics.

You say it's a choice to be homosexual, yet speculate that it may be a genetically linked. So if being a homosexual is a choice, then I don't care if people are executed for the choices they make where illegal. I expect that a person who commits murder is punished just the same as they made a choice to do that.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #208 on: April 14, 2008, 02:50:24 PM »
This is the final warning. I am going to shut this thread down if you persist. Start a thread in the Fight Club if you have issues with someone. Get back on track NOW.

Okay. I'll lay off.

:bow:
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #209 on: April 14, 2008, 02:59:10 PM »
You say it's a choice to be homosexual, yet speculate that it may be a genetically linked. So if being a homosexual is a choice, then I don't care if people are executed for the choices they make where illegal. I expect that a person who commits murder is punished just the same as they made a choice to do that.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. What I wrote is that homosexuality, as defined by behavior, is a choice, but homosexuality, as defined by sexual attraction, is the result of genetics.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #210 on: April 14, 2008, 03:03:38 PM »

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. What I wrote is that homosexuality, as defined by behavior, is a choice, but homosexuality, as defined by sexual attraction, is the result of genetics.

No you said it MAY BE the result of genetics. Regardless, these five Egyptian homosexuals made a choice and will pay for that choice. 
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #211 on: April 14, 2008, 03:06:54 PM »
hmmm...so I wonder if TNO would consider the Berkeley Pink Freaks guilty of hate crime against the Marines.  I mean, they are singling out one segment of the population to protest against, and harass.

Are you talking about Code Pink? Unless Code Pink activists do something illegal to protest against the Marines, then I don't see how they could be charged with a crime, let alone a hate crime.

One of the misconceptions about hate crimes legislation is the idea that it outlaws expressions or acts which were once legal. It does not.

again. the whole point of hatecrime/hatespeech laws is essentially to criminalize thought.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 03:19:11 PM by Attero Dominatus »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #212 on: April 14, 2008, 03:13:32 PM »
No you said it MAY BE the result of genetics.

You're right. Thank you.

Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #213 on: April 14, 2008, 06:09:56 PM »
Quote from: The Night Owl on Today at 12:14:23 pm

Right here you have clearly illustrated why hate crimes legislation has no place in the American legal system. You've had several people, ncluding Bondai and others that know him better than you (think of them as character witnesses) try to explain your erroneous interpretation. You're not "willing to believe" isn't a problem on a message board but could have serious consequences in a court of law because what you've done is assumed you could Bondai's thoughts. You're completely unwilling to entertain any other interpretation but your own.

Imagine if this was a trial. Let's say Bondai shot some gay man in the foot. Now, Bondai might not even have known this guy was gay, maybe he was just some Obama staffer who told him he was going to take away everyone's guns and turn the neighborhood church into housing for illegal aliens. But you, being a liberal, which means you basically think the worst of people especially those who don't think like you burst through the courtroom doors with this thread in your hands all ready to "prove" it was a hate crime. See the thing is, even if he meant it the way you interpreted it, it could've been said tongue-in-cheek. Or maybe for no other reason than he knew you'd be falling all over yourself playing "enlightened progressive". You can't read another persons thoughts, period.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams