Author Topic: obama to butt pluggers- I'm cutting the funding for cooties  (Read 27077 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: obama to butt pluggers- I'm cutting the funding for cooties
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2010, 09:21:13 PM »
I will never say anyone earned a disease. Ever. Most people live an unhealthy lifestyle in some form or fashion. Saying someone earned it makes it sound like they are a bad person and they deserve it.

Newsflash--my father just died a few months ago from lung cancer.  He was a smoker since the age of 14.  He blamed nobody but himself for his situation.  IOW, he took PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for his actions and the inevitable consequences of those actions, even when they cost him his life barely eight months form the time he was diagnosed until he died.

It may sound harsh, but he knew the risks of his continued behavior and knew what it would cost, yet continued to smoke until he was Stage 4 with tumors in his lungs, liver, and kidneys.  Not a bad person, no--but take a little responsibility, eh?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2010, 09:21:32 PM »
I will never say anyone earned a disease. Ever. Most people live an unhealthy lifestyle in some form or fashion. Saying someone earned it makes it sound like they are a bad person and they deserve it.

If you engage in activities known to be risky then you are responsible for the outcome,that isn`t to say a person deserves it exactly but it doesn`t change the fact that they knowingly brought on consequences that were inherent to the activity.
You are still caught up in the touchy feely mode of liberalism that wants to deny culpability for ones actions.

Offline soleil

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2010, 09:22:27 PM »
Too bad--how about they admit it for you?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9237089

http://blog.ctnews.com/evans/more-about-the-gift-men-seeking-hiv/

Toots--THEY'VE MADE ******* MOVIES ABOUT IT.  Quit living in denial.

Well sweetie, if movies were made (because I know all those movies are fact) then you are 150% correct. I apologize for having an opinion. Excuse me.

Offline soleil

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2010, 09:23:37 PM »
And what of people who have lived in Great Britain or the EU who can no longer donate?  ASKING and getting HONEST ANSWERS is a whole lot cheaper, safer, and more reliable than testing.

Yet we are in short supply of blood. If it is my child? I don't give a rat's ass who it came from, as long as it is clean. Save my baby at all costs.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2010, 09:25:51 PM »
Easier to search here with specific keywords.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,27998.msg295745.html#msg295745

Damn. I started that thread too.

Thanks.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline soleil

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2010, 09:26:21 PM »
Newsflash--my father just died a few months ago from lung cancer.  He was a smoker since the age of 14.  He blamed nobody but himself for his situation.  IOW, he took PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for his actions and the inevitable consequences of those actions, even when they cost him his life barely eight months form the time he was diagnosed until he died.

It may sound harsh, but he knew the risks of his continued behavior and knew what it would cost, yet continued to smoke until he was Stage 4 with tumors in his lungs, liver, and kidneys.  Not a bad person, no--but take a little responsibility, eh?

My grandfather died of throat cancer. 40 year smoker. To say that old time smokers knew is a bit dishonest because smoking then and smoking now is a little different in knowing the effects. I have no problem with taking responsibility. Just make it equal. A straight person having unprotected sex also earns AIDS, if that is how you look at it.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2010, 09:26:42 PM »
So you are opposed to a gay person donating blood?

Lifesaving blood?

Abso****inloutely

You're free to use as much of it as you want but until they can screen for AIDS 30 seconds after infection you're welcome to it all.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2010, 09:27:38 PM »

Lifesaving blood?

You mean a death sentence for the recipient?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2010, 09:27:56 PM »

Lifesaving blood?

Yup--just like I'm opposed to a straight person who has patronized prostitutes giving blood, or IV drug users, or those who have come from certain African countries since 1977, lived in Europe since 1980 for more than 3 months (Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease), had hepatitis, TB less than two years after treatment, or even diabetes if on medication...and on, and on, and on.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2010, 09:29:18 PM »
My grandfather died of throat cancer. 40 year smoker. To say that old time smokers knew is a bit dishonest because smoking then and smoking now is a little different in knowing the effects. I have no problem with taking responsibility. Just make it equal. A straight person having unprotected sex also earns AIDS, if that is how you look at it.

Sorry to hear that. My Mother died of cancer due to smoking. When did he die?

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2010, 09:29:26 PM »

Well sweetie, if movies were made (because I know all those movies are fact) then you are 150% correct. I apologize for having an opinion. Excuse me.

You're beginning to bore me, toots.  You can have an opinion, but when it's the WRONG one, I expect you to come correct.  Did you even bother to LOOK at the links I provided?  Psychological studies?  Surveys by the NIH and CDC?

Are you normally this ****ing dense?

Offline soleil

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2010, 09:30:23 PM »
Yup--just like I'm opposed to a straight person who has patronized prostitutes giving blood, or IV drug users, or those who have come from certain African countries since 1977, lived in Europe since 1980 for more than 3 months (Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease), had hepatitis, TB less than two years after treatment, or even diabetes if on medication...and on, and on, and on.

You're assuming all people who donate blood will be honest.

Instead of focusing on who should be able to give blood, you should be more focused on the testing of donated blood. All clean blood is needed no matter who it comes from.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2010, 09:31:16 PM »
Yet we are in short supply of blood. If it is my child? I don't give a rat's ass who it came from, as long as it is clean. Save my baby at all costs.

Yet there is a significant portion of the gay community that thinks they have the "right" to give tainted blood or blood which may or may not be at risk.  You want to take that chance?  Do you know how many people you put at risk for every pint of tainted blood in the system?

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2010, 09:32:53 PM »

My father wasn't an "old time" smoker.  Try again.

So straight people "earns" AIDS, but gay people don't?  Wow, you really ARE deluded.

Offline soleil

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2010, 09:33:30 PM »
Sorry to hear that. My Mother died of cancer due to smoking. When did he die?

Well to be honest, it was a rough year all around. He died in May of 1996. My brother died in August of 1996. My great-grandmother died in November of 1996. Never thought my great-grandmother would outlive my brother. Life is screwy.

It was a rough death for him. Started out as throat cancer that spread. He even had that throat talker thing. Sorry, I don't know the correct term for it, but it was freaky. It made my father give up his long time habbit. It was a slow death for him. Cigarettes.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2010, 09:33:37 PM »

And place everyone else at risk.

Pretty ****ing selfish of you, don't you think?

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2010, 09:34:40 PM »
You're assuming all people who donate blood will be honest.

Instead of focusing on who should be able to give blood, you should be more focused on the testing of donated blood. All clean blood is needed no matter who it comes from.

You set a bar at a certain level rather than just assume that the tests will catch everything.

Kind of a, "trust, but verify" kinda deal.

Offline soleil

« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2010, 09:34:48 PM »
You're beginning to bore me, toots.  You can have an opinion, but when it's the WRONG one, I expect you to come correct.  Did you even bother to LOOK at the links I provided?  Psychological studies?  Surveys by the NIH and CDC?

Are you normally this ******* dense?

No, I didn't look at your links. I am not being dense.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2010, 09:35:01 PM »
I think the money should be spent on the diseases that are killing the most people. Cancer deserves a buttload of money for research. That doesn't mean I think AIDS research should be done away with. Not that that was said, but I never stated my opinion on the thread that posted for this discussion. I only stated that I had a problem with this being called a gay disease and the term "butt pluggers".

Well....it isn't....55% of the available research dollars are presently being spent on HIV/AIDS.....why?  Because homosexuals are loud and influential, and the liberal/progressives that enable them amplify the effect.......

Since only about 10% of the population is at risk for HIV/AIDS.....only 10% should be spent.....in research terms, essentially ZERO......

And with the exception of IV drug users (who most of us don't give a damn about anyway)  AIDS IS a gay disease......don't beleive the propaganda spouted by the GLBT bunch.....its a lie......

doc

Offline soleil

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2010, 09:35:57 PM »
Yet there is a significant portion of the gay community that thinks they have the "right" to give tainted blood or blood which may or may not be at risk.  You want to take that chance?  Do you know how many people you put at risk for every pint of tainted blood in the system?

But you are assuming that all straight people are donating good blood. There is a risk for every person out there.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2010, 09:36:32 PM »
Well to be honest, it was a rough year all around. He died in May of 1996. My brother died in August of 1996. My great-grandmother died in November of 1996. Never thought my great-grandmother would outlive my brother. Life is screwy.

It was a rough death for him. Started out as throat cancer that spread. He even had that throat talker thing. Sorry, I don't know the correct term for it, but it was freaky. It made my father give up his long time habbit. It was a slow death for him. Cigarettes.

Newsflash--they knew the hazards of smoking even in the 1950's when he and my father started.  By the 1960's there was no doubt at all, which is why they banned TV and radio advertising in 1971.

Next?

Offline soleil

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2010, 09:37:02 PM »
My father wasn't an "old time" smoker.  Try again.

So straight people "earns" AIDS, but gay people don't?  Wow, you really ARE deluded.

I never said anyone "earned" AIDS. In fact I said no one earns a disease.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2010, 09:37:20 PM »
People who engage in unsafe sex pass it around proficiently. It is a disease that strikes many people. Most of whom have unsafe sex. It is basically an STD like all others are, except it can be more lethal than others. It could strike you or me just the same as it could a gay man (if we were to have unprotected sex with someone infected). I do realize that it may pass easier through anal sex, but I also know that many heterosexual people have anal sex too. So, to me, it is an STD that passes on through unsafe sex. I don't put labels on it other than that.

You have older homosexuals in San Francisco horrified that the younger generation has the attitude that "AIDS is manageable" in this day and age, so they have random sex without a condom, bath-houses are making a comeback and so on, now tell me why AIDS funding should be increased? why should it receive more money then say pancreatic research?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2010, 09:37:43 PM »
But you are assuming that all straight people are donating good blood. There is a risk for every person out there.

I never said that.  If straight people can't meet the risk factors, they don't donate either.  

Offline soleil

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2010, 09:38:37 PM »
Newsflash--they knew the hazards of smoking even in the 1950's when he and my father started.  By the 1960's there was no doubt at all, which is why they banned TV and radio advertising in 1971.

Next?

You are so argumentative.

If you are saying that people knew back then what we know now about cigarettes, you are fooling yourself.