Author Topic: obama to butt pluggers- I'm cutting the funding for cooties  (Read 27074 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8342122

Bluebear  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat May-15-10 02:32 PM
Original message
8 arrested at protest over Obama cutting funding for HIV/AIDS programs

Edited on Sat May-15-10 02:32 PM by Bluebear
8 Arrested in NYC Protesting Obama’s AIDS Policies

Here in New York, protesters from ACT UP, Africa Action, Global Access Project and other groups rallied outside a Democratic fundraiser last night featuring President Obama and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Police arrested eight protesters after they chained themselves together and disrupted traffic. The groups accused Obama of reneging on his campaign pledge to spend at least $50 billion by 2013 for the global fight against HIV/AIDS. Since taking office, Obama has shifted funding away from international AIDS programs at a time when the number of people infected with HIV continues to grow by a million a year. The United Nations now estimates there is a global shortfall of about $17 billion for controlling the epidemic.

Jennifer Flynn of Global Access Project: “We are here today to protest in front of this $15,000-per-person dinner hosted by President Obama to the fact that he’s gone—he’s broken his promise to fully fund the fight against global AIDS. In both of his budgets that he’s issued, he has consistently cut funding to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief.”

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/5/14/headlines/8_arres...

How's that changy thing working out for ya?

Bluebear  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat May-15-10 03:13 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. LOL folks unreccing AIDS funding now.

That unrec feature is a thorn in their side.

Lyric  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat May-15-10 03:54 PM
Response to Original message
8. Obviously they're all racists.

Yep! That has always worked in the past.  WAIT. obama is black. Blacks can't be racist.

Nite Owl  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat May-15-10 03:59 PM
10. The sick, the poor, the most needy

over the cliff to protect and serve the corporations.

WTF thread are you reading? The sick, the poor and the most needy are not in the high risk for AIDS. The butt pluggers are.

nichomachus  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat May-15-10 06:17 PM
26. This will be nothing compared to what will happen in CA if Whitman gets in

Or one of the other fascists. They are now in a race to the bottom to see who can promise to do the most damage to the sick, poor, and elderly.

Another WTF.

Overall, a smaller percentage of blacks support gay lifestyles in comparison the whites. What did they think they were buying with their obama vote?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline soleil

Re: obama to butt pluggers- I'm cutting the funding for cooties
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 07:30:12 PM »
"butt pluggers"?

So, AIDS is still a gay disease?

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 07:36:47 PM »
"butt pluggers"?

Who has the greatest transmission rate?  Which community has "parties" where "gift givers" pass off HIV to "bug chasers"?

No, it's not a "gay disease", but they sure do pass it around pretty proficiently, don't they?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline soleil

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 07:42:39 PM »
Who has the greatest transmission rate?  Which community has "parties" where "gift givers" pass off HIV to "bug chasers"?

No, it's not a "gay disease", but they sure do pass it around pretty proficiently, don't they?

People who engage in unsafe sex pass it around proficiently. It is a disease that strikes many people. Most of whom have unsafe sex. It is basically an STD like all others are, except it can be more lethal than others. It could strike you or me just the same as it could a gay man (if we were to have unprotected sex with someone infected). I do realize that it may pass easier through anal sex, but I also know that many heterosexual people have anal sex too. So, to me, it is an STD that passes on through unsafe sex. I don't put labels on it other than that.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 07:54:59 PM »
That unrec feature is a thorn in their side.

And that's why it makes no sense.  This is not good news for the DUmmies, so do you "un-recommend" it or "recommend" it.  Nice site, $kimmer. :evillaugh:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline soleil

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 08:02:29 PM »
And that's why it makes no sense.  This is not good news for the DUmmies, so do you "un-recommend" it or "recommend" it.  Nice site, $kimmer. :evillaugh:

The unrec feature is so stupid. There is a thread daily on how stupid it is. Mainly from people who had their thread unrecced. I never got the point of the feature.

Offline sofa king

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 08:03:42 PM »

...It could strike you or me just the same as it could a gay man (if we were to have unprotected sex with someone infected)...

casting off all of the other liberal claptrap that is your argument...  who do you think the vast, overwhelming pool of infected people are?

i'll bet you think just because 99.999% of all illegal aliens are from mexico, it is racist (anti little brown people) to be against illegal immigration?

liberals just repeat the same lies to themselves over and over and over again until until their bullshit sounds like truth to them.

sad.
grim.
pathetic.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 08:04:46 PM »
"butt pluggers"?

If you are going to try to pretend that it isn`t then you are just being silly.
Find me some demographic that suggests it isn`t prevalent mostly in the homosexual community.
Let`s be honest about it.

Offline soleil

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 08:09:15 PM »
If you are going to try to pretend that it isn`t then you are just being silly.
Find me some demographic that suggests it isn`t prevalent mostly in the homosexual community.
Let`s be honest about it.

I am being honest about it. There are many heterosexual people infected as well. It passes easier through anal sex. Gay men aren't the only ones who have anal sex.

It is a disease. It is an STD. There are many many STDs. Are they all related to being gay? HPV can cause cervical cancer. Is that a heterosexual disease?

Offline Tucker

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 08:09:41 PM »
"butt pluggers"?

I guess while you were playing patty cake with the moonbats in the lounge you missed the threads where the butt pluggers want to eliminate any and all testing for the AIDS virus from gays who donate blood. They feel discriminated against and have a complex.

That's a brilliant ****ing idea.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline soleil

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 08:11:52 PM »
I guess while you were playing patty cake with the moonbats in the lounge you missed the threads where the butt pluggers want to eliminate any and all testing for the AIDS virus from gays who donate blood. They feel discriminated against and have a complex.

That's a brilliant ******* idea.

The AIDS virus should be tested from anyone who donates blood. I don't care who you are. Every blood disease should be tested from every person who donates blood.

And I only play patty cake with my child.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 08:12:25 PM »
People who engage in unsafe sex pass it around proficiently. It is a disease that strikes many people. Most of whom have unsafe sex. It is basically an STD like all others are, except it can be more lethal than others. It could strike you or me just the same as it could a gay man (if we were to have unprotected sex with someone infected). I do realize that it may pass easier through anal sex, but I also know that many heterosexual people have anal sex too. So, to me, it is an STD that passes on through unsafe sex. I don't put labels on it other than that.

You're exposing your age.  Which group had the highest HIV infection rate, as well as the highest INCREASE in rate?  And still does?  And BTW, they also have the highest rates of nice little things like syphilis, gonorrhea, and a whole host of other neato STD's?

Don't believe me?  Just check with CDC or health departments in New York, San Francisco, West Hollywood, Key West, or other areas with substantial homosexual populations...

LINK

Washington, DC–  Today, at the National STD Prevention Conference in Atlanta, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released new data that underscore the nation’s ongoing struggle to halt the spread of HIV and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in the United States (U.S.).  The data indicate that rates of HIV infection among gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) are more than 44 times higher than rates among heterosexual men  and more than 40 times higher than women. Rates of syphilis, an STD that can facilitate HIV infection and if left untreated, may lead to sight loss and severe damage to the nervous system, are reported to be more than 46 times higher among gay men and other MSM than among heterosexual men and more than 71 times higher than among women.

And don't think I didn't notice your failure to answer my previous query.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »

Unfortunately soliel, over 90% of the HIV infections in the US are either homosexuals, or IV drug users........it is not a disease that is at all common in the general population, and now that controls are in place for the risk of infection due to transfused blood......in the non-drug using heterosexual population it is nearly zero.  

Further, there is more money spent on AIDS/HIV research than on cancer, heart disease, and pulmonary disease COMBINED..........it's not like the gays are not getting their share.

AIDS is a disease that could easily be wiped out in a single generation by simple elimination of risky behaviour......I have no sympathy for the homosexual bunch.......at all......

doc
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:18:10 PM by Doc »

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 08:17:10 PM »
I am being honest about it. There are many heterosexual people infected as well. It passes easier through anal sex. Gay men aren't the only ones who have anal sex.

It is a disease. It is an STD. There are many many STDs. Are they all related to being gay? HPV can cause cervical cancer. Is that a heterosexual disease?

You are trying to equate the possibility that a heterosexual person may somehow become infected with the fact that a homosexual male is very likely to be.
It is a liberal smokescreen to deflect the obvious.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 08:20:08 PM »
The AIDS virus should be tested from anyone who donates blood. I don't care who you are. Every blood disease should be tested from every person who donates blood.

And I only play patty cake with my child.

I wish I had saved the thread where one of the lovely homosexuals wanted to donate tainted blood. He was urging all the beautiful people to lie about their sexual encounters.

Offline soleil

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 08:20:14 PM »
You're exposing your age.  Which group had the highest HIV infection rate, as well as the highest INCREASE in rate?  And still does?  And BTW, they also have the highest rates of nice little things like syphilis, gonorrhea, and a whole host of other neato STD's?

Don't believe me?  Just check with CDC or health departments in New York, San Francisco, West Hollywood, Key West, or other areas with substantial homosexual populations...

LINK

And don't think I didn't notice your failure to answer my previous query.

I didn't fail to answer any question. All that says to me is that it passes easier through anal sex. Gay men probably have anal sex more than others, but it isn't something that only gay men do. I am more worried about taking care of the disease. Lung cancer probably happens more to smokers, but instead of labeling it as a smoker's disease, I am more concerned with treating it and finding a cure. I don't really blame people for the diseases they get. Heart disease for the fat?

Maybe I am just not used to hearing the term "butt pluggers". And more concerned with making it someone's fault. Instead of focusing on how to treat it.

Offline soleil

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »
You are trying to equate the possibility that a heterosexual person may somehow become infected with the fact that a homosexual male is very likely to be.
It is a liberal smokescreen to deflect the obvious.

HPV affects many many many teen and twenty somethings. It is quite likely that it will turn into cancerous cells as HIV will turn into AIDS.

Offline soleil

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 08:23:08 PM »
I wish I had saved the thread where one of the lovely homosexuals wanted to donate tainted blood. He was urging all the beautiful people to lie about their sexual encounters.

That just makes that person a shitty person. Those kind of people come in all shapes, forms, etc.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 08:24:30 PM »
I didn't fail to answer any question. All that says to me is that it passes easier through anal sex. Gay men probably have anal sex more than others, but it isn't something that only gay men do. I am more worried about taking care of the disease. Lung cancer probably happens more to smokers, but instead of labeling it as a smoker's disease, I am more concerned with treating it and finding a cure. I don't really blame people for the diseases they get. Heart disease for the fat?

Maybe I am just not used to hearing the term "butt pluggers". And more concerned with making it someone's fault. Instead of focusing on how to treat it.

I was being nice. :-)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 08:25:11 PM »

Not sure if this is the one you had in mind but the same point.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,30233.msg318259.html#msg318259

Offline sofa king

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 08:26:46 PM »

That's a brilliant ******* idea.

and who was that dummy recently encouraging other dummys to LIE on blood/bone marrow donation forms about being teh gae, so that they could be included in a process that they are specifically excluded from for the exact reason of stopping the spread of this disease.

aids is not just another std, you moron...

^^^ oops, looks like others were thinking the same thing.  i need to type faster...

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 08:31:46 PM »

Read my first post in this thread (second reply after OP).  Notice how she has yet to answer that question.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 08:32:48 PM »

Like hell you didn't answer my question.  RIF, hon.  Read it again.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 08:34:37 PM »

Easily accomplished.....stop having anal sex (or sharing needles) with HIV-positive men........problem solved.

Further, since AIDS is incurable, tattooing a "biohazard" symbol on the foreheads of anyone infected would be a step in the right direction.

doc
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:37:43 PM by Doc »

Offline soleil

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 08:38:35 PM »
Like hell you didn't answer my question.  RIF, hon.  Read it again.

Ok hon. Are you referring to your question about which group is the highest infected?