Current Events > Breaking News

US conducts nuclear test in Nevada hours after Russian move to revoke global tes

(1/1)

Ptarmigan:
US conducts nuclear test in Nevada hours after Russian move to revoke global test ban
https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-conducts-nuclear-test-nevada-hours-russian-move-revoke-global-nuclear-test-ban

--- Quote ---The U.S. conducted a high-explosive experiment at a nuclear test site in Nevada hours after Russia revoked a ban on atomic-weapons testing, which Moscow said would put it on par with the United States.

Wednesday's test used chemicals and radioisotopes to "validate new predictive explosion models" that can help detect atomic blasts in other countries, Bloomberg reported, citing the Department of Energy.

"These experiments advance our efforts to develop new technology in support of U.S. nuclear nonproliferation goals," Corey Hinderstein, Deputy Administrator for Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation at the National Nuclear Security Administration, said in a statement. "They will help reduce global nuclear threats by improving the detection of underground nuclear explosive tests.

The test is notable because of its timing. Russian lawmakers announced their intention to revoke the ratification of the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.

A bill will go to the Russian upper house, the Federation Council, which will consider it next week. Federation Council lawmakers have already said they will support the bill.
--- End quote ---

Feels like the Cold War is back.

Eupher:

--- Quote from: Ptarmigan on October 19, 2023, 09:01:01 PM ---US conducts nuclear test in Nevada hours after Russian move to revoke global test ban
https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-conducts-nuclear-test-nevada-hours-russian-move-revoke-global-nuclear-test-ban

Feels like the Cold War is back.

--- End quote ---

Prepping for the day - coming very soon, thanks to SharterJoe, Barry Soetoro, and their minions - when Iran goes nuclear.

Old n Grumpy:
The world is in turmoil and we have a leader who can’t even manage to speak a coherent sentence  :thatsright: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

We’re in trouble!!!!!

DefiantSix:

--- Quote from: Old n Grumpy on October 20, 2023, 07:50:59 AM ---The world is in turmoil and we have a leader who can’t even manage to speak a coherent sentence  :thatsright: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

We’re in trouble!!!!!

--- End quote ---

Is Shit For Brains your leader? Because he sure as hell isn't mine. SpongeBrainShitPants isn't even an adequate representative of me.

Old n Grumpy:

--- Quote from: DefiantSix on October 20, 2023, 09:11:57 AM ---Is Shit For Brains your leader? Because he sure as hell isn't mine. SpongeBrainShitPants isn't even an adequate representative of me.

--- End quote ---

I agree with you totally ,but are the puppeteers any more able to deal with the situation?
After all they are probably the ones who got us into this situation. :thatsright:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version