Author Topic: DemocratUnderground ... Virus Issues?  (Read 392 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
DemocratUnderground ... Virus Issues?
« on: November 03, 2021, 02:41:57 PM »
Is anyone else getting some really hinky stuff popping up on their computer if you go to DU from a laptop/desktop computer?

My iPhone will shut down over and over and I've never had that problem with my laptop, but now I'm getting redirects when I'm on their page and scam windows opening up.  They can't get through the firewall and I'm not clicking on anything, but I wonder if EarlG has oversold his advertising and now has some 'bugs' crawling his site.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: DemocratUnderground ... Virus Issues?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 04:24:06 PM »
Is anyone else getting some really hinky stuff popping up on their computer if you go to DU from a laptop/desktop computer?

My iPhone will shut down over and over and I've never had that problem with my laptop, but now I'm getting redirects when I'm on their page and scam windows opening up.  They can't get through the firewall and I'm not clicking on anything, but I wonder if EarlG has oversold his advertising and now has some 'bugs' crawling his site.

KC

Haven't encountered that problem as of late, but it has happened in the past for me.

Good luck, hopefully a temporary glitch. :cheersmate:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 05:03:27 PM »
I linked-over to there from here on Monday.  Nothing glitchy. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 05:13:46 PM »
I use Chrome on my PC and the adblocker racks up a quick 8-10 blocked ads on every page.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 05:32:30 PM »
I use Chrome on my PC and the adblocker racks up a quick 8-10 blocked ads on every page.

AdBot is working overtime to help Lord Marblehead pay off the note on the site.

Wouldn't surprise me to find out most DUmmies have been inundated with ads for razor blades and sleeping pills after the reality check they got handed last night at the polls.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 10:06:28 PM »
You know, when you mention DU and virus in the same sentence, computers are not the first thing that comes to my mind.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 09:07:11 AM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 05:22:09 AM »
You know when you mention DU and virus in the same sentence computers are not the first thing that comes to my mind.

Heh.  Thought about that after I hit 'post'.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2021, 06:16:22 AM »

KC
I will make a strong case that everything on DU can be considered "hinky stuff".
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.