Author Topic: Now, HERE is an interesting car!  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Peter3_1

Now, HERE is an interesting car!
« on: May 17, 2009, 12:53:50 PM »
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/cars/RocketCar_shell.shtml

If the sound of that car going thru traffic doesn't make you smile, well, nothing will! The only thing better is being on track going wheel to wheel with it, you inv your own monoposto! THAT is where paradice lies!

Edited for title correction -- Chris
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 04:19:19 PM by Chris »

Offline djones520

Re: Now, HERE is an interesting car!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 01:09:24 PM »
Economics?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 01:49:59 PM »
Before there was the McLaren F1, there was the Rocket. Established in 1992, The Light Car Company is the brainchild of race driver Chris Craft and F1 designer Gordon Murray, created solely to produce this brilliantly designed car. There are only about 48 Rockets in existence at last count, and each one is painstakingly built, with precious few components coming off the shelf.

Weighing in at just under 800 pounds wet, the featherweight Rocket is like an F1 for the street. Gordon and Murray wanted to create a car for pure driving pleasure, with a retro look on the outside and a modern race chassis underneath. The Rocket may look like a Formula Vee car from the 1960s, but it drives like the future.

There’s no cabin here, as Gordon designed the tube-frame chassis to carry two people sitting tandem for the ultimate behind-the-wheel experience.

I guess a price tag is too much to ask. :(  I'll just wait for Ariel to open a factory here and start putting out $20k Atoms.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 05:44:38 PM »
Now, why pick nits! You can buy a reasonable Formula Ford ford for under $20,000.

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/ffs.htm

Go here, scroll down to the Royale RP-3A, same as my first race car, but I paid $1,800 for mine, running...but not in very good shape......still, it was a BALL!

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 07:20:32 PM »
Sweet! :-)  Hey, if I can put a dirtbike on the road by adding lights and a horn, I should be able to do the same to one of those!
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 08:58:46 PM »
I would be dangerous in that car. I get enough speeding tickets in my 350Z. Paid a $203 speeding ticket to the state of AL last week.