Author Topic: Active shooter situation in Maine, hospital says 'mass casualty, mass shooter' e  (Read 905 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Active shooter situation in Maine, hospital says 'mass casualty, mass shooter' event
https://www.foxnews.com/us/active-shooter-situation-in-maine-city-residents-told-to-stay-inside-with-doors-locked

At least 22 people are dead following a deadly shooting in a Maine city that spanned three locations on Wednesday night, Fox News has confirmed.

Fox News has confirmed that the active shooter incident occurred at three locations— Schemengees Bar and Grille Restaurant, a Walmart store and Sparetime Recreation.

Maine State Police said, in a Facebook post, that there is an active shooting situation in Lewiston, a city of 36,000, 35 miles north of Portland.

A local hospital, the Central Maine Medical Center, said that they are reacting to a "mass casualty, mass shooter event."

Another mass killing in Lewiston.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Suspect in mass shooting across several locations in Lewiston identified as Robert Card
https://channel3now.com/2023/10/25/22-people-dead-suspect-in-mass-shooting-across-several-locations-in-lewiston-identified-as-robert-card-schemengees-bar-and-grille-restaurant-a-walmart-store-and-sparetime-recreation/?expand_article=1

A tragic shooting rampage in a Maine city on Wednesday night has claimed the lives of at least 22 individuals across three different locations, Channel3 has learned.

The active shooter situation unfolded at Schemengees Bar and Grille Restaurant, a Walmart store, and Sparetime Recreation.

In a Facebook update, the Maine State Police reported an ongoing active shooting incident in Lewiston, a city with a population of 36,000 located 35 miles north of Portland.

The Central Maine Medical Center, a local hospital, confirmed their response to a “mass casualty, mass shooter event.”

As of 9 p.m., they stated they were unable to provide specific details regarding the number of casualties

The individual in question is identified as Robert Card, and he is operating a 2013 Outback.

The killer has been identified as Robert Card.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Tragic
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Alleged photo of Card shows him holding an AR-15. "Assault weapons" ban, gun registration, other unconstitutional forms of gun restriction brayed by the leftists/Chardonnay-swilling mommies in 3-2-1....

It's what they do. Never mind the motivations of the killer. The gun is responsible -- not the killer.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Murder suspect Robert Card found dead, Sen. King says
https://wgme.com/news/local/body-murder-suspect-robert-card-found-dead-senator-angus-king-lewiston-maine-mass-shooting-gun-violence-schemengees-bar-and-grille-sparetime-recreation-just-in-time-recreation

LEWISTON (WGME) -- Maine Senator Angus King has confirmed to CBS13 that the body of murder suspect Robert Card was discovered Friday night.

Maine State Police has called a news conference for 10 p.m.

The confirmation of his capture ends a two-day manhunt that locked down the area. Card was considered armed and dangerous. Authorities suspected him of killing 18 people and injuring 13 others at a bowling alley and restaurant Wednesday night.

Robert Card has been found dead.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Drafe Hoblin

I'm not learning anything other than certain Maine-officials love being on national television.

And let's get rid of out-of-control sign-interpreters at press-conferences like this.  It's like I'm watching Cartoona The Cannibal, standing beside every speaker.

The actual law-enforcement authorities seem reassuring, but daunted by the dynamics of the case.  It's credible that Card was 'getting revenge' on his girlfriend more than anything else.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

And let's get rid of out-of-control sign-interpreters at press-conferences like this.  It's like I'm watching Cartoona The Cannibal, standing beside every speaker.

On that note, I started a thread elsewhere discussing this exact same issue:

https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?topic=123539.0
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Borrowing Ptarmy's clip from the news article directly:

LEWISTON (WGME) -- Maine Senator Angus King has confirmed to CBS13 that the body of murder suspect Robert Card was discovered Friday night.

Maine State Police has called a news conference for 10 p.m.

The confirmation of his capture ends a two-day manhunt that locked down the area. Card was considered armed and dangerous. Authorities suspected him of killing 18 people and injuring 13 others at a bowling alley and restaurant Wednesday night.

I take it basic proofreading and continuity are no longer being taught in J-schools along with other key journalistic values like minimizing biases any more?  :thatsright:

And these imbecile propagandists wonder why most of us don't trust a word they say/print...  :whatever:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus