Author Topic: Maryland couple suspected of selling nuclear secrets could spend rest of life in  (Read 533 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Maryland couple suspected of selling nuclear secrets could spend rest of life in jail
https://www.foxnews.com/us/maryland-couple-navy-nuclear-secrets-life-prison

The Navy nuclear engineer and his wife accused of selling U.S. Navy submarine secrets to a foreign power could face a potential maximum penalty of life in prison.

Jonathan and Diana Toebbe, of Annapolis, were arrested Saturday in Jefferson County, West Virginia, on espionage-related charges. Federal prosecutors say they should remain in custody pending their trials as they face a potential maximum penalty of life in prison and are at "serious risk" of fleeing.

The couple is being charged with violating the Atomic Energy Act, which restricts the disclosure of information related to atomic weapons or nuclear materials.

Jonathan and Diana Toebbe could spend the rest of their life in prison.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
In the political climate which presently obtains however, expect them to get a re-hashing of the Horst Wessel Song in their names...

:popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
 Yep, Horst would be proud.

The last traitor like this (beyond a few more recent cretins) I can think of was Robert Hanssen, who was (no surprise to anyone, I'm sure), an FBI guy. I believe he is cooling his heels in the APX Supermax prison in Colorado.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline thundley4

Joe Biden gave our enemies access to advanced military technology and the software that goes with them.