Author Topic: how do you cook hot dogs.?  (Read 11783 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: how do you cook hot dogs.?
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2010, 03:53:29 PM »
oh yeah ?  I bet that you drink Budweiser, too .........  :tongue: :fuelfire:

Don't drink a'tall any more, but when I did it was Pilsner Urquell.  Are you the kind of guy that looks a gift horse in the mouth?

Gimme that beer back!

:bird:

:lmao:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2010, 04:18:21 PM »
Ahem, Euphless...... do you separate your eggs (yolks and whites) before making an omelette??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2010, 04:27:46 PM »
One day on a sleep over with a friend that lived on a farm I watched her Mother cook the chops, and for the life of me hamburgers in a fry pan with a couple inches of water.

My friends Mom added garlic and spices to the water and cooked them for about a few minutes on each side.

She then removed them to the grill to finish cooking.

I do the same thing.  I let them simmer in a pan of water until I'm ready to cook them, then they go on the grill or cast-iron pan for a few minutes.  It works pretty well.

I have a bad case of ADD.  I can "start" cooking dinner at 5 and might not eat until 9.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2010, 04:29:21 PM »
Has anyone else cooked one by sticking it on a fork and cooking it over the burner on the stove?

I have an electric stove.  If I did that, I would burn my house down. :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline JLO

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2010, 08:24:16 PM »
Here.  I'll share. 

:cheers1:

Add me please, this should be fun to watch! :popcorn:  :cheersmate:
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2010, 09:19:51 PM »
Ahem, Eupher...... do you separate your eggs (yolks and whites) before making an omelette??

FIFY

Ach, Thorazine, the Navy aviator guy has asked me a question!  About cooking!  Yippee!!!!   :fuelfire: 

Uh, you mean whip the egg whites before folding the beaten yolks back in, creating an unbelievably light, fluffy omelette? When poured into a hot, buttered pan? Like I've seen in Texas?

Nope. I make 'em the French way. Roll 'em up with a little sauteed veggies in the middle. Maybe some cheese. Diced ham on a good day.

Don't get me wrong -- I like 'em the Texas way. I'm generally too lazy to go to all that trouble though.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2010, 09:25:23 PM »
I hated doing egg-white omelettes, especially when you have to stop what you're doing to crack and separate two stinkin' eggs.  Working the brunch shift sucks.

Offline debk

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2010, 09:28:09 PM »
FIFY

Ach, Thorazine, the Navy aviator guy has asked me a question!  About cooking!  Yippee!!!!   :fuelfire: 

Uh, you mean whip the egg whites before folding the beaten yolks back in, creating an unbelievably light, fluffy omelette? When poured into a hot, buttered pan? Like I've seen in Texas?

Nope. I make 'em the French way. Roll 'em up with a little sauteed veggies in the middle. Maybe some cheese. Diced ham on a good day.

Don't get me wrong -- I like 'em the Texas way. I'm generally too lazy to go to all that trouble though.

I make them your way, Euph...

:fuelfire:

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2010, 10:57:30 PM »
Actually, I was informed that the French whip up the egg whites and gently fold in the eggs. I suppose that depends on what part of France. I was only ever in Marseilles and NEVER had an omelette there. It may also depend on whom you ask.

For the record, I typically fix my omelettes the lazy man's way, too. (The same way the Navy and many other places did them) I have, on several occasions, whipped the egg whites, folded in the yolks and added in my favorite ingredients after the egg batter was in the pan.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2010, 08:36:42 AM »
Actually, I was informed that the French whip up the egg whites and gently fold in the eggs. I suppose that depends on what part of France. I was only ever in Marseilles and NEVER had an omelette there. It may also depend on whom you ask.

For the record, I typically fix my omelettes the lazy man's way, too. (The same way the Navy and many other places did them) I have, on several occasions, whipped the egg whites, folded in the yolks and added in my favorite ingredients after the egg batter was in the pan.

Classic French omelette cooking (and that doesn't necessarily include the cuisine of southern France which is Spanish- and Italian-tinged) requires just beaten egg, maybe a bit of milk or water, and most especially, isn't cooked nearly as long as an American omelette. If the egg turns up brown at all, it's burned.

That's what I was taught back in the day, anyway. I suppose like potato salad, there's a bazillion ways to cook it and everybody has their own variation.