Author Topic: OMG !! OMG !!!  (Read 7311 times)

Offline thundley4

OMG !! OMG !!!
« on: January 03, 2010, 05:06:51 PM »

Special Premiere Sunday at 8pm/7c
Food Network

"An Iron Chef America Event"
Super Chef Battle

Are y'all gonna watch?

Yeah, me neither.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 05:45:25 PM by thundley4 »

Offline Flame

Re: OMG !! OMG !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 05:38:58 PM »
Thundly, did you have a point with this thread?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 05:44:25 PM »
I did , but there was serious malfunction somewhere.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 05:46:05 PM »
Does it make a little more sense for the food forum, now?

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 05:47:25 PM »
Ah I see, not edible cats after all.  :-)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 05:48:09 PM »
BTW we have only recently got the Food Network here and I love Iron Chef, however I may have to miss this one.

Offline bkg

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 05:53:16 PM »
I did , but there was serious malfunction somewhere.

Would have worked really, really well if you could put dancing emoticons in the subject line. I got it.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 06:14:07 PM »
WTH? I went down and kicked the cats for nothing?
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 06:19:54 PM »
WTH? I went down and kicked the cats for nothing?

Don't worry, they deserved it. They really are trying to kill their owners.

Offline Flame

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 06:30:46 PM »

Much more sense now!  :-)

Was wondering what homicidal kitties had to do with the food forum!

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 06:46:36 PM »
Is Mario Batili wearing orange crocks?    I will probably watch this.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 06:53:04 PM »
Is Mario Batili wearing orange crocks?    I will probably watch this.

He always wears orange crocs, at least for a long while.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 06:54:40 PM »
He always wears orange crocs, at least for a long while.

I never knew that!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 07:39:08 PM »
I actually kind of like what she is wearing in that picture.  They style and color combo is retro.  I love Alton Brown and Iron Chef but I don't think I can stomach this one. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 07:40:33 PM »
The DUmmies will be watching.

Politicub   (1000+ posts)             Sun Jan-03-10 06:52 PM
Original message
Anyone as excited as me about tonight's Iron Chef America?!?

Because I'm pretty darn excited to see the White House executive chef in action. And even better, our first lady is going to make an appearance.

It's nice to have a break, however brief, from all of the negativity thrown around about President Obama on DU and in the MSM.

So, won't you join me in my unbridled adoration of First Lady Michelle Obama this evening?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9197021

I guess if Chelle's chef doesn't win they'll protest like when the ghey dude lost on American Idol. The fix is in Chelle's team will win.

Offline Specbid

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 11:06:38 AM »
obama should stand next to barbara milkulski(who always wears orange.) They'd look like a carrot and a pumpkin.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 11:13:20 AM »
The DUmmies will be watching.
 http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9197021

I guess if Chelle's chef doesn't win they'll protest like when the ghey dude lost on American Idol. The fix is in Chelle's team will win.
I wonder if the DUmmie realises that the WH chef was appointed by Laura Bush ...  :-)

Offline debk

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 11:44:16 AM »
I watched the first hour of it....and the last few minutes.

Michelle was only on for a very short time....

The WH chef was teamed up with Bobby Flay so that gave her an advantage. The two teams scored the same on taste, but Flay/WH chef scored higher on originality and plating.

The vegetables and fruits were out of the WH garden and they were given basic proteins - pork, turkey, chicken, beef. 

The judges said that Mario/Emeril stayed too traditional or something to that effect....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 08:52:44 PM »
Emeril &  Mario were cheated. Their food looked WAY better than the WH Chef's & Bobby Flay's. That  stupid clam chowder without cream almost made me :puke: I would have sunk them the Flay team on that alone. :puke:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline debk

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 08:56:30 PM »
Emeril &  Mario were cheated. Their food looked WAY better than the WH Chef's & Bobby Flay's. That  stupid clam chowder without cream almost made me :puke: I would have sunk them the Flay team on that alone. :puke:

I'm not sure what that stuff was...but it sure wasn't something I would have referred to as clam chowder.

I didn't see any of Mario/Emeril's food.

Do you watch "Chopped"?  I love that show!!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 09:07:58 PM »
I'm not sure what that stuff was...but it sure wasn't something I would have referred to as clam chowder.

I didn't see any of Mario/Emeril's food.

Do you watch "Chopped"?  I love that show!!

It had all of the ingredients of a clam chowder but with a pureed broccoli "soup". There were some other food items that seemed odd. The only thing that the Flay team did was keep it towards the "healthy" side. I can't say that Emeril/Batali did that, but their food looked delicious. :yum:

After all, "vegetarian" in a Native American word for "lousy hunter".........

I like "Chopped". I watched "Worst Cook" last night. That was somewhat entertaining.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 09:46:25 PM »
Well, I guess I don't need to watch my DVR'd episode.  I was rooting for Emeril and Mario.  Oh well.

I also DVR'd Worst Cook.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 04:29:46 AM »
I only eat vegetarians :-)
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 07:35:51 AM »
  WOW and here I was under the impression that because some chemical was used on the lawn the garden was a no go as the food could become contaminated.  They must have fixed that little problem.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 09:49:40 AM »
  WOW and here I was under the impression that because some chemical was used on the lawn the garden was a no go as the food could become contaminated.  They must have fixed that little problem.

Yeah, they removed the majority of the contaminated soil and replaced it at a very large expense to the taxpayer. After all, it's not THEIR money!!!  :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: