Author Topic: When compromise is impossible. Kentuck  (Read 1480 times)

Offline CC27

When compromise is impossible. Kentuck
« on: June 10, 2019, 08:16:11 AM »
kentuck (91,688 posts)

When compromise is impossible.

Normally, compromise can be the most favorable outcome in many situations.

However, there are some situations where "compromise" cannot succeed, in my opinion.

We should never accept as "normal", situations that we know are false, misleading, or simply wrong. It would lead us to a worse place, in many opinions.

In those situations, where our deepest beliefs and principles are challenged, we must stand our ground.

The question about impeachment is one of those situations, in my opinion. It would be "wrong" not to indict Donald Trump. An impeachment is similar to an indictment. Perhaps, rather like a grand jury?

This is a time that Congress will need to follow their consciences.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212176231

There is no compromise at the DUmp. Step in line or get banned.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: When compromise is impossible. Kentuck
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 09:04:33 AM »
How does one "compromise" on accusations that are either undocumented or are very poorly patched together?

You don't.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 09:26:17 AM »
Nyuck, nycuck, nyuck.

Anybody old enough to remember George Mitchell as Democrat leader in the Senate, and Tipsy O'Neill as Speaker of the House, has an idea what these people think of as "compromising" or "nonpartisan."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 10:24:17 AM »
Reading between the lines and given other recent kt threads I've seen recently, I'm guessing kt thinks things are going ill and thinks he needs to buck up the DU-troops. :loser:  :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 10:32:19 AM »
Reading between the lines and given other recent kt threads I've seen recently, I'm guessing kt thinks things are going ill and thinks he needs to buck up the DU-troops. :loser:  :rotf:

He's always been a cheerleader.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 01:11:09 PM »
We should never accept as "normal", situations that we know are false, misleading, or simply wrong. It would lead us to a worse place, in many opinions.

I'm pretty sure having endless "genders" qualifies.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 02:04:47 PM »
He's always been a cheerleader.

And of questionable character, :rimshot: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 04:49:29 PM »
I was a mole at DU for a long time and have 5 figure posts so I hid very well for a long time.

I'm versed in DUmmiespeak. Allow me to translate.

kentuck (91,688 posts)

When compromise is impossible. (Waaaaa. They won't have our way).

Normally, compromise can be the most favorable outcome in many situations. (Yes, all we want is to compromise and for you to accept our position).

However, there are some situations where "compromise" cannot succeed, in my opinion. (We can't compromise because they won't have our way).

We should never accept as "normal", situations that we know are false, misleading, or simply wrong. It would lead us to a worse place, in many opinions. (Waaa, I'm using projection but want to pin it on Republicans because they won't have our way).

In those situations, where our deepest beliefs and principles are challenged, we must stand our ground. (Waaaa. Our deepest beliefs and principles are fluid and change from day to day dependent upon the cause being talked about. If it benefits us, we adhere, if they don't benefit us we change our minds to make Rethuglicans look bad).

The question about impeachment is one of those situations, in my opinion. It would be "wrong" not to indict Donald Trump. An impeachment is similar to an indictment. Perhaps, rather like a grand jury? (Waaa, we have no proof and Hillary should have won. Let's indict him for losing the popular vote but winning the election.).

This is a time that Congress will need to follow their consciences. (It's time congress does what we want).

unquote
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.