Author Topic: Huh?  (Read 536 times)

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
Huh?
« on: November 11, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2284983
UTUSN Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Nov-11-11 09:04 AM
Original message
The Scabs circus are blathering. Chickenhawks need a holiday for themselves

Edited on Fri Nov-11-11 09:25 AM by UTUSN
instead of bothering vets. I'm not talking about sincere fellow citizens expressing themselves, am talking about scoundrels who constantly drag on the well being of the work-a-day, non-star, vulnerable people, yet who cover themselves with fulsome lip service, especially with the *talk* of patriotism and in external trappings of flags and parades and medals-bestowing rather than practicing the deep meaning through social justice and civic benefices.

So the Scabs gang was frothing with pretty words about veterans. Well, Mika Mouse was gifted with a pair of those spiked high heels with the red bottomed soles by Danny DEUTCH, who knows what that means. And some high ranking media veterans talked about extreme heroism.

It started getting butt-shifting-in-the-chair when Willie (one of the least offensive of the gang) went on about how he related to the difficulties vets face coming back to job interviews, their being asked what "real" job experience have they had outside of their military roles, and Willie went in for the kill, listing how these dudes had saved lives and built schools. O.K.

But the boiling pot overflowed when alleged plagiarist BARNICLE got going about veterans who ran-up-hillsides-under-fire, dug-irrigation-canals-where-there-had-never-been-one-before and waaaaayyyy on and on.

It just seems that one, very dramatic albeit REAL type of military contribution is particularly hyped by chickenhawks, that of the John WAYNE (who was held in contempt by veterans of his generation) PLAYING at being a veteran (or a cowboy or a boxer or whatever).

As my hero of many decades, Charlie RANGEL pointed out many times, very many of those who enlist did so because of economic necessity and inability to access ways-out (school deferments) and lacking job skills. And my point is that the vast majority of veterans performed *very* non-"heroic" tasks.

This is not to deprecate the undeniable deeds of military personnel, just to say that the spectrum of accomplishments is incredibly varied, not reduced to the very dramatic kind. The vast majority of laudable activities are distinctly non-"heroic" and unwitnessed.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Huh?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 09:31:57 AM »
deep meaning through social justice

At this point I stopped reading.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 09:35:14 AM »
he or she lost me at "chickenhawks"...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 09:36:32 AM »

As my hero of many decades, Charlie RANGEL

This stopped me in my tracks.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »
Wow. If I didn't know better, I'd think vestanumbers and nadin worked together on that post. My brain hurts.

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 09:38:59 AM »
What a strange person.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 11:56:40 AM »
I am not 100% sure but I think if you ever watched Morning Joe on MSNBC this might make more (not a lot more) sense.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke