Author Topic: Democrat Follies 2010: Biden / Grayson on the stump  (Read 1564 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Democrat Follies 2010: Biden / Grayson on the stump
« on: October 23, 2010, 05:32:54 PM »

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9373735

gateley  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-23-10 12:01 PM
Original message
Biden to campaign for Rep. Grayson
 /snip

Biden will attend an event on Monday for the first-term Democratic lawmaker, who's made waves during his term in Congress by taking outspoken liberal stances on issues. /snip

The stop on behalf of Grayson reflects the tight nature of the liberal's race against Republican Daniel Webster. The nonpartisan Cook Political Report rates the race as "lean Republican," in no small part due to Grayson's outspoken time in Congress.

He had said Republicans' plans for health reform is for sickly patients to "die quickly," and launched an add against his opponent, calling him "Taliban Dan."

Still, a win for Grayson would go a long way toward Democrats' effort to stave off the net loss of 39 seats that would hand control of the House to Republicans, and make GOP Leader John Boehner (Ohio) the speaker of the House.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/125505-...

You go, Joe! And Go Grayson!!

It says this will be Biden's 99th campaign event on behalf of candidates this year!

And this is probably the most sad story you will read all day.

napi21  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-23-10 12:19 PM
Response to Original message
1. I sent Alan $25.00 yesterday. I wish I could send more but SS doesn't give me much 
 flexibility. I truely hope he wins his race because he's the ONLY DEM. who has the guts to call the Pubbies what they really are!

Then there was this

jillan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-23-10 01:43 PM
8. That is one rally I wish I could go to! The 2 of them together - haha - the 2 that are not afraid to
 tell it like it is.

I hope this rally is on C-Span!

You just can't make this stuff up.

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline true_blood

Re: Democrat Follies 2010: Biden / Grayson on the stump
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 05:42:44 PM »
gateley  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-23-10 12:01 PM
You go, Joe! And Go Grayson!!

It says this will be Biden's 99th campaign event on behalf of candidates this year!
Now there's a pair, huh?! Dumber and nutty!
99th campaign this year?! Now wonder taxes are going up? Gotta pay these jackasses to fly all over the place. :censored:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 05:48:24 PM »
1. I sent Alan $25.00 yesterday. I wish I could send more but SS doesn't give me much 
 flexibility. I truely hope he wins his race because he's the ONLY DEM. who has the guts to call the Pubbies what they really are!

It's obvious that Social Security pays too much, or this person is scamming SS, and doesn't need the money, so they should send it back for people that truly need it. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 08:26:32 PM »
It's obvious that Social Security pays too much, or this person is scamming SS, and doesn't need the money, so they should send it back for people that truly need it. 

My thoughts exactly.

One suspects the primitive is one of those "too depressed" to work.

Work of course is the best curative for depression.

Damn freeloaders.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 08:34:12 PM »
My thoughts exactly.

One suspects the primitive is one of those "too depressed" to work.

Work of course is the best curative for depression.

Damn freeloaders.

I don't know if many people will get this reference but the DUmmies remind me of Marvin the robot from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. They are constantly depressed and think they have a brain the size of the planet so any kind of labor is well beneath them. Only difference is Marvin would do his job as he whined.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 03:00:40 PM »
I don't know if many people will get this reference but the DUmmies remind me of Marvin the robot from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. They are constantly depressed and think they have a brain the size of the planet so any kind of labor is well beneath them. Only difference is Marvin would do his job as he whined.  :-)

That was a very keen observation, involving a favorite character of mine thus way desrerves a high five :hi5:

The entire HHGTG series is downloadable audio books. 

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 06:01:53 PM »
That was a very keen observation, involving a favorite character of mine thus way desrerves a high five :hi5:

The entire HHGTG series is downloadable audio books. 

I have the whole collection in one book. I like reading them from time to time.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 06:39:10 PM »
I have the whole collection in one book. I like reading them from time to time.

I listen on an MP3 while walking the dog or driving .  Lots of good books on audio available on line through my local library FREE (ok so I pay for it with tax dollars but at least I get something back).  My favorite price

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 07:07:25 PM »
I know, this is a horrible job at trying to do something like photoshop, but I like it LOL:

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 07:22:25 PM »

Joe Biden Is Out

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 09:02:49 PM »
I listen on an MP3 while walking the dog or driving .  Lots of good books on audio available on line through my local library FREE (ok so I pay for it with tax dollars but at least I get something back).  My favorite price

About 2 weeks ago I found myself home alone all weekend so I went to netflix and watched the original BBC episodes. It was low budget but, enjoyable. It covered the first whole book pretty much and the second half of the second book. A couple of things were different from the books but it was fun to watch.
The best line ever was when Arthur told Ford that he wished he had listened to what his mother told him when he was young. Ford asked him "What did she say" he replied "I don't know I wasn't listening"  :-)

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 08:32:50 AM »

Just a few weeks ago, some entity had published the net worth of all our congresscreeps.  Alan Grayson was way up there as a rich bastard.  Some DUmmies murmered very quietly, "I had no idea about Alan Grayson."  Then, they let the thread die a very quick death.   

napi DUmmy, you should have saved your pennies.  Alan can infuse his own campaign with his own cash. 

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 07:41:09 PM »
About 2 weeks ago I found myself home alone all weekend so I went to netflix and watched the original BBC episodes. It was low budget but, enjoyable. It covered the first whole book pretty much and the second half of the second book. A couple of things were different from the books but it was fun to watch.
The best line ever was when Arthur told Ford that he wished he had listened to what his mother told him when he was young. Ford asked him "What did she say" he replied "I don't know I wasn't listening"  :-)

Thanks, I may do that too.