Author Topic: More anti-Fox bigotry.  (Read 1688 times)

Offline thundley4

More anti-Fox bigotry.
« on: September 29, 2010, 12:01:03 PM »
Newsjock   (1000+ posts)           Wed Sep-29-10 12:21 PM
Original message
Fox News Channel audience -21% year-to-year

Edited on Wed Sep-29-10 12:22 PM by Newsjock
Source: TV Newser

Fox News dominated the cable news landscape in third quarter of 2010 and had the top 11 programs in cable news for the month of September, though the network was down -21% in Total Viewers and down -26% in younger viewers compared to Sept. 2009 (Total Day, Mon-Sun)

Total Day (Mon-Sun): 1.016m total/267k A25-54
Prime (Mon-Sun): 1.831m total/443k A25-54

Read more: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/q3-2010-ratings-fox...

From elsewhere on that site: CNN is -29%, and MSNBC is +1%.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9222429

From mediabistro:
Overall, FNC was the fourth most-watched network on cable, behind entertainment juggernauts USA and TNT, and sports leader ESPN, which has seen a boost from its coverage of “Monday Night Football.”

enid602 (1000+ posts)           Wed Sep-29-10 12:23 PM
Response to Original message
1. Fox

At work we have a TV in the break room that shows only Fox. Yesterday they had an advertisement for a company that manufactures rifles and guns. Ugh!

AsahinaKimi   (1000+ posts)           Wed Sep-29-10 12:23 PM
2. Why is this happening???

Edited on Wed Sep-29-10 12:27 PM by AsahinaKimi
Seriously, Has the Country gone insane? Don't most people know that FOX NEWS is a right wing propaganda machine? DO the majority of this country really watch this Network? If thats true, Our country is so screwed! So freaking screwed.

Life Long Dem   (1000+ posts)             Wed Sep-29-10 12:29 PM
3. I went into a McDonald's the other day.

They had a 40" HDTV setup at a bar area. Being by myself I sat at the bar and when the commercial on the TV came off up came Beck on Fox News. I was like WTF? Where's the remote? And then I'm wondering if anyone else is watching this crap and look around. Thankfully no such luck. I never did turn the channel.

rocktivity   (1000+ posts)             Wed Sep-29-10 12:34 PM
6. No doubt Shrillo is counting the minutes until he can get on the air

Edited on Wed Sep-29-10 12:37 PM by rocktivity
and brag about that!

And I wonder how he feels about this: Glenn Beck, pulling in 80% of O'Rielly's viewer numbers, is literally breathing down his neck!

rocktivity

I doubt that OReilly is too worried, however it scares the crap out of the left that Beck is so popular.

Bitwit1234   (1000+ posts)         Wed Sep-29-10 12:38 PM
7. I bet if you took away all those places were that was the only

channel you could get like certain business etc, they would be about even with MSNBC and CNN. I think that is what jacks up the record and I don't hardly believe the elevated percentages. NO MATTER, NO WHERE, NO HOW CAN YOU TRUST FOX IN ANYTHING.

The demographics of viewership begs to tell the opposite.  Suck it DUmmies, people tend to watch what they agree with.

Offline jukin

Re: More anti-Fox bigotry.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 12:09:22 PM »
More 1+1=POTATO logic from the DUchebags.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 12:12:21 PM »
MSNBC’s total day viewership is up 1% for the quarter vs. Q3 2009.

And this was CNN’s worst month in primetime in more than a decade among Total Viewers (since May 2000) and in nine years in A25-54 (since May 2001).
I'm no statistician, but it sounds like less people are watching TV. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 12:15:46 PM »

Not only that, but the 1% increase for PMSNBC only means one more person was watching. :-)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 12:23:32 PM »

Less people are watching TV....they can't afford the cable/satellite fees.  :(

We just switched from DirecTV to Comcast Cable because we could get tv/internet/phone for a bit less than we were paying just for phone/internet DSL from AT&T.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »
I only pay for cable TV because dial-up with Bell South is nearly the same price.  I can't get anything else in this neighborhood.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 12:49:30 PM »
I only pay for cable TV because dial-up with Bell South is nearly the same price.  I can't get anything else in this neighborhood.

We couldn't get cable in our old neighborhood, so we were stuck with AT&T for internet and satellite for TV. I think because of that, the pricing was not as competitive as it is in this neighborhood, where we have choices. I had to put in our zip code before Comcast would give me a quote.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 01:11:48 PM »
We are forced to watch/listen to the left wing propaganda machine known as CNNCBSNBCABCMSNBC lame stream media, which has been PROVEN to be biased and in some cases, dead wrong on many issues and stories.  No bitching and complaining from the right, we got Fox News!   :tongue:

I hope Fox News continues to irritate the hell out of them, anytime, anywhere.   :-)
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 01:12:48 PM »
I don't know if "bigotry" is the right word but "mewling" works just fine.

This is just more evidence that whenever the people have a clear choice set before them liberals lose and liberals then blame everything but their policies for the rejection of their policies.

Lady Gaga and the rest of Hollyweird can lecture audiences that paid 50-plus dollars to theoretically be entertained with tirades about how illegal immigrants deserve to come into the US and apply for welfare...yet, despite those lectures 70% of the populace agrees with AZ HB 1070.

Now, if a lectured, captive audience cannot be swayed to change its mind about illegal immigration it stands to reason that viewership where one must deliberately set a channel on the TV is strictly a matter of choice. It is an afirmative choice in favor of Fox and at the expense of its competitors such as MSNBC.

Liberals can't stand that because it is an rejection of what they believe and since they are so much better than us and smarter than us it grinds on their self-image to no end. That's why you're the brainwashed bigot and they must destroy Glenn Beck and Fox and Limabugh to break the spell so you realize once and for all how wonderful they really are.

Why do they deserve welfare? Because they're good people, ergo denying them their welfare is an attack against the good.

Why do they deserve to run health care? Because their smartererness says they are smarterer enough to do it and by rejecting it you are calling them not smart enough...and that just shows how stupid you are for not recognizing how smart they are.

Contrast that with conservativism's, "I'm responsible for myself."

It does matter if I'm good or smart or not...I'm responsible for myself. By implication you are responsible for yourself. You may be smarter than me and you may even be better than me but the predicate of self-reliance says your being smarter or better allows for you to prosper by those attributes, not dedicate your attribute to my support.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 01:15:16 PM »
  I went into a McDonald's the other day.

They had a 40" HDTV setup at a bar area. Being by myself I sat at the bar and when the commercial on the TV came off up came Beck on Fox News. I was like WTF? Where's the remote? And then I'm wondering if anyone else is watching this crap and look around. Thankfully no such luck. I never did turn the channel.
McDonalds has a bar area? 

This loser is thankful nobody was watching Beck?  What is he afraid of?  Someone might actually hear a point of view that he doesn't agree with? 

I see he didnt like that Fox was on but didnt have the balls to change the channel or ask to have it changed.  Instead he ran back to his cozy DUmpster den and whined to his fellow loser friends.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 01:16:46 PM »
I don't know if "bigotry" is the right word but "mewling" works just fine.

I used that word because I've been seeing it a lot on Skin's Island.  Every action by conservatives is based on bigotry according to the DUmmies.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 01:22:10 PM »
Cause I live out in the "Daniel Boonies", I have satellite for both TV and Internet.

I'm payin' about $150/month for both. I could go cheaper with dial-up, but I refuse to get any more gray hair waitin' for YouTubes to load! Besides, after you add internet to local phone fees, it ain't that much cheaper!

I got rid of the land line all together!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 01:30:22 PM »
Cause I live out in the "Daniel Boonies", I have satellite for both TV and Internet.

I'm payin' about $150/month for both. I could go cheaper with dial-up, but I refuse to get any more gray hair waitin' for YouTubes to load! Besides, after you add internet to local phone fees, it ain't that much cheaper!

I got rid of the land line all together!

We were paying that just for tv. We are paying $189 for all 3 and that includes inside and outside service calls. We had so much trouble with our lines at the other house, that we learned the hard way that it was better to pay the $3-something each month, than to get hit with the cost of a service call...which always seemed to be "not their responsibility"... :censored:

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »
We were paying that just for tv. We are paying $189 for all 3 and that includes inside and outside service calls. We had so much trouble with our lines at the other house, that we learned the hard way that it was better to pay the $3-something each month, than to get hit with the cost of a service call...which always seemed to be "not their responsibility"... :censored:

Well, we are payin' for our cells too. But I think for 5 phones we pay right around $120 for unlimited between each other, which is all we ever call anyway! We are restricted for minutes to other non-Verizon customers, but up here, they are few and far between. They own all the cell towers!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 01:37:38 PM »
Well, we are payin' for our cells too. But I think for 5 phones we pay right around $120 for unlimited between each other, which is all we ever call anyway! We are restricted for minutes to other non-Verizon customers, but up here, they are few and far between. They own all the cell towers!

I just switched my Verizon plan last night. Unlimited minutes and texting....$118. I was restricted on texting....and I'm going way over the number. Going over the limit is extremely expensive.  :bawl:

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 01:50:01 PM »
I just switched my Verizon plan last night. Unlimited minutes and texting....$118. I was restricted on texting....and I'm going way over the number. Going over the limit is extremely expensive.  :bawl:

I don't use texting, but my daughter, granddaughter, and "Toots", use the hell out of it! My thumbs cover half the keyboard so it just isn't feasible! lol!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 02:27:07 PM »
I don't use texting, but my daughter, granddaughter, and "Toots", use the hell out of it! My thumbs cover half the keyboard so it just isn't feasible! lol!

That's what M says..."my thumbs are too big to hit just one key!"....(grumble, grumble, grumble)

We don't use pagers anymore....everything goes through as text on our cell phones. My company is coming out with some new technology - nationwide - that requires we have a "smart phone". I have a Treo now, that I've dropped a few too many times....among other things it doesn't ring anymore.... I have to get something new. Just can't decide what. There was an article that I got in my email, about 3 weeks ago, that had several recommendations on what was most compatible with the new tech stuff, and I need to find it and check. I was thoroughly confused looking on line last night. I think I need to purchase the phone on line, in order to get all the discounts.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 02:27:44 PM »
I'm glad Fox pisses them off. It means they know they are wrong and can't do jack about it.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 02:30:13 PM »
McDonalds has a bar area?  

This loser is thankful nobody was watching Beck?  What is he afraid of?  Someone might actually hear a point of view that he doesn't agree with?  

I see he didnt like that Fox was on but didnt have the balls to change the channel or ask to have it changed.  Instead he ran back to his cozy DUmpster den and whined to his fellow loser friends.

If it's like the one near me, there's a "bar" (counter) with several stools where you can eat at, rather than at one of the booths or tables.  Ours has the TV right over the counter, and it's ALWAYS on Fox News.  I asked the manager one time if he had any complaints about his channel selection, and he said, "Nope, not one."

DUmmies lie, all the time, DUmmies lie.   :hammer:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Karin

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 04:04:15 PM »
enid602 (1000+ posts)           Wed Sep-29-10 12:23 PM
1.At work we have a TV in the break room that shows only Fox. Yesterday they had an advertisement for a company that manufactures rifles and guns. Ugh!  Nice! 

Fixed! 

Bitwit1234   (1000+ posts)         Wed Sep-29-10 12:38 PM

7. I bet if you took away all those places were that was the only channel you could get like certain business etc, they would be about even with MSNBC and CNN. I think that is what jacks up the record and I don't hardly believe the elevated percentages.
  A handful of muffler shops here and there?  I'm considering Nitwit for my list this year.  He's consistent.  Each and every post is the stupidest remark ever.  He can't even say "K&R" without looking like a dolt.  A real champ. 

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 06:23:15 PM »
I like how they unthinkingly rag on FNC without any examples of anything FNC might have done wrong.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline thundley4

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 06:30:33 PM »
I like how they unthinkingly rag on FNC without any examples of anything FNC might have done wrong.

All they needed to hear was the TOTUS speaking out against Fox News again.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 06:32:09 PM »
All they needed to hear was the TOTUS speaking out against Fox News again.
They truly are the very definition of what Mark Levin calls "drones."
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 06:33:14 PM »
Fox News Channel wins 3rd quarter, but most cable news ratings are off
CNBC, CNN, CNN Headline News, Fox News Channel, MSNBC — posted by halboedeker on September, 28 2010 7:14 PM
Discuss This: Comments(7) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Bill O'Reilly addressed an Orlando convention two years ago. Photo credit: Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel

In the cable-news race, Fox News Channel was No. 1 for the third quarter of 2010. Fox News had 13 of the top 15 programs in total viewers. Fox has been tops for 35 straight quarters.
Yet there wasn’t a lot of reason for joy in the cable-news world because most channels lost viewers.

In prime time, Fox News averaged 1.83 million viewers. But that number was down from 2.25 million in the third quarter last year.

MSNBC was second with 687,000 viewers — down from 788,000 last year.

CNN averaged 512,000 viewers — down from 946,000 last year.

HLN averaged 402,000 — down from 510,000.

CNBC was the lone channel that defied the slide: 194,000 viewers, up from 188,000 last year.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/09/fox-news-channel-wins-3rd-quarter-but-most-cable-news-ratings-are-off.html