Author Topic: Gasp!!!! Filling station bouncy- I yelled at a Glenn Beck fan  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Gasp!!!! Filling station bouncy- I yelled at a Glenn Beck fan
« on: September 01, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9059167

Snarkoleptic  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-01-10 07:27 PM
Original message
So I'm gassing up my car at Costco a few minutes ago...

and I notice the guy at the adjacent pump is facing backward.
This despite the fact there are four huge "WRONG WAY DO NOT ENTER" signs (two on either side) & a "DO NOT ENTER" painted on the pavement.

The attendant approaches the errant mouth breather and calmly asks him to be sure exit the same way he entered.
As he drives by I said (a great deal too loudly) "Another Glenn Beck fan...unsure which way is up!".
There were far more chuckles than scowls.

The reality-based community is out there and will come through in November!

Pretty good. He yelled at a dirty, stinking freeper. Got accolades from surrounding bystanders and was spending his money at a Cosco, not at a Sam's Club.

Duchess  Donating Member  (46 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-01-10 08:37 PM
Response to Original message
2. So, let me get this straight...

the "mouth breather" missed the sign pictured above (maybe an honest mistake) then the station attendant professionally corrected his error. Seems like that should be an end to the story.

But that isn't the end because you were not in the mood to act like a polite and mature adult. So, as the "mouth breather" drives away you decided to make a cute remark that doesn't even really make sense (I'm not sure what "up" or "down" really has to do with entering a gas station the wrong way) while making sure everyone around you was certain of your political leanings. I wouldn't label your comment as mature or witty and I'm surprised you shared this with the forum.

Honestly, most of the snickers were probably at your expense. Any scowls were probably prompted by your attitude and not your politics. If you want to act like a 10th grader please leave people with the impression that you are not a Democrat

Enjoy your visit. Do come back now.

Snarkoleptic  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-01-10 09:11 PM
Response to Reply #2
7. Since you've missed the not-so subtle subtext (see my screen name), I'll help you out.

It's yet another example of a right-winger missing all indications (regardless of how loudly broadcast) that they are oblivious to the fact their behavior is contrary to what is required of citizens in an ordered society. In case you slept through literature, missing the cues for what is obvious to most (up & down, right & wrong, left & right) are common metaphors for those whose thoughts are disconnected from reality due to a flaw world view. Cognitave dissonance is at work here...a reasonable and prudent person would know that their actions are at odds with what is right and proper in this context and yet they have missed all abundant cues. In short, they are typical right wingers who behave in an antisocial and contrary manner without regard to the antisocial nature of their behavior.

***Forgot to mention the Bush/Cheney 04 bumper sticker that drove me to this post***

Nothing like baffling them with bullshit.

pipi_k  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-01-10 09:16 PM
Response to Reply #7
11. Oh, so it was the bumper sticker...

Not like it could have been on a car that the guy borrowed or anything.

Or maybe he just bought it and didn't give a shit what bumper stickers were on it.

The evidence is in...

if the bumper sticker is the "wrong" one, then the person driving the car is a RW asshole.

mindwalker_i  Donating Member  (508 posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-01-10 09:19 PM
Response to Reply #7
12. There's a gas station like that where I live

It has some obvious signs that direct traffic one way, and many people just completely ignore them. I have to admit that I have ignored them once or twice too. This causes all the cars to be facing every which way, so nobody can get out when they're done since some dumb-ass (admitedly that included me at one or two points) is facing the other way, blocking you in.

My inclination is to believe people to do whatever the hell they want since it's just easier. **** everybody else. That perception is particularly well suited to the current generation of Republicans: they preach personal responsibility but really mean it for other people.

Reading your screed, I came to the conclusion that YOU were the one saying **** everyone else and entered the station in the wrong direction.

pipi_k  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-01-10 08:42 PM
3. Actually, anybody under the age of 10 could have done the same thing...

Hey everybody!!!

Look at MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

oy...

smalll  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-01-10 08:48 PM
5. Good work! Now maybe you can follow up on that by --

going to McDonalds to yell at old folks!

:lmao:

MineralMan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-01-10 09:13 PM
8. Sounds to me like the attendant had it handled.

I don't see the need to snark loudly. Did this person interfere with your transaction. If not, I guess I can't see your point at all.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline jukin

Re: Gasp!!!! Filling station bouncy- I yelled at a Glenn Beck fan
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 09:21:34 PM »
So....

Zero Bong
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 09:27:54 PM »
It's yet another example of a right-winger missing all indications (regardless of how loudly broadcast) that they are oblivious to the fact their behavior is contrary to what is required of citizens in an ordered society.

Screaming at total strangers is part of an orderly society?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 09:29:25 PM »
So I'm gassing up my car at Costco a few minutes ago...

Did he post this bouncy from his cell phone?

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 09:30:38 PM »
Did he post this bouncy from his cell phone?

While driving.

'cause he had to lecture us about orderly societies.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 09:33:26 PM »
I'm just glad we have a Sam's Club membership. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 09:36:19 PM »
They're not even trying anymore, are they?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 09:41:45 PM »
Oh for cripes sake! They're not even tryin' now!

This is so much BS you could use my pitchfork to pick it up!

I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 09:43:31 PM »
We could make a separate sub-forum for all the bouncy's.  They have had so many this week... and it's only hump day.  Can't wait for the goodies tomorrow.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
Step back and think about this.

If a mole he/she hit some points (So) but if not try to grasp that there is a person and more to follow that is so tuned out of life and reality that they post this with no idea how easily it fits into the oft repeated script of a bouncy.
They actually think they have come up with an original thought and op to get attention and accolades.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 10:14:51 PM »
OK, side track...are there actually one-way gas stations?  I know I'm a Kansas hick, but I've been to Seattle and Orlando, Denver and Dallas, Chicago and Las Vegas...I've never seen a one-way gas station. 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 10:34:35 PM »
Not sure about entraces/exits, but my gas tank is on the passenger side of the car.  I think most new cars are built with the gas tank on the driver's side and not the other way around.  Sometimes pulling up to a pump can be almost impossible if everyone else is pointing in the other direction.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 10:35:59 PM »
OK, side track...are there actually one-way gas stations?  I know I'm a Kansas hick, but I've been to Seattle and Orlando, Denver and Dallas, Chicago and Las Vegas...I've never seen a one-way gas station. 

I've driven in most all 50(7) :-)states and never pulled into a gas station with one-way signs.  Musta never been paying attention. :thatsright:
How many brain cells do you have to have lost in order to believe garbage like this latest bouncy? ::)
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 10:43:24 PM »

Never seen one and I've traveled cross country three times in my own personal car.  Cross country many times as a passenger.  Maybe Costco has some sort of weird set up.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 10:56:07 PM »
Our Sam's gas station is a "one way", just because of where they put it... on side has just enough room to pull out from the pump area to head back to the main part of the parking lot. Same with a couple of Kroger's stations and Pilot's.

Most of them though, there's no logic.

I would bet money that the driver the OP was criticizing didn't have a Bush/Cheney sticker on his car....the OP added that in hopes of justifying his actions when he got criticism instead of accolades.

The one who told him not to let others know he was a Democrat --- priceless!.... :lmao: 
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 12:00:15 AM »
Interesting how the Bush/Cheney bumper sticker only showed up after it got reprimanded for its utter stupidity.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 12:30:02 AM »
Interesting how the Bush/Cheney bumper sticker only showed up after it got reprimanded for its utter stupidity.

Cindie

I noticed.

Of course, he also didn't mention that HIS rusted out POS car was probably covered in just about every left-wing nutwad save the planet save the whales animals have rights respect your mother (earth) sticker to the point that you have no idea what color the car was to begin with.  (BTW, they are usually "turd brown".  For some reason, DUmmies like "turd brown" colored cars  :confused:)

They also tend to be college students (and female), or 60+ long-haired pony-tailed professor/hippie types (male),
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 06:29:49 AM »
I noticed.

Of course, he also didn't mention that HIS rusted out POS car was probably covered in just about every left-wing nutwad save the planet save the whales animals have rights respect your mother (earth) sticker to the point that you have no idea what color the car was to begin with.  (BTW, they are usually "turd brown".  For some reason, DUmmies like "turd brown" colored cars  :confused:)

They also tend to be college students (and female), or 60+ long-haired pony-tailed professor/hippie types (male),

It's been said that the only good thing about the auto bail out porkulus bill was that it removed off the road a bunch of rusted out Asian cars with obana bumper stickers on the back.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 06:32:57 AM »
Duchess, 2nd poster, is not among the living.

Offline Karin

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 07:38:31 AM »
If you want to act like a 10th grader please leave people with the impression that you are not a Democrat

This line from Duchess hits the nail on the head.  All these bouncies, even if true, make the demos look so bad out in public, nobody would want to be associated with them.  Some people jumped on her, asked her what kind of flowers she wanted.  Alas, she's gone. 

This post is the last one, and it struck me:

donco  (474 posts)        Wed Sep-01-10 09:35 PM
19. I gassed up yesterday at our Costco 
 pretty good crowd, could be because it was twenty cents cheaper per gallon.All of he oil company stations were in the process of jacking their prices up in anticipation of the holiday travels. 

as completely inappropriate.  A)  Nobody cares what your errands were yesterday, and B)  This is a bouncy ball, and ass-kissing the OP is mandatory.  Not talking about the price of tea in China. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 07:44:27 AM by Karin »

Offline thundley4

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 07:43:27 AM »
This line from Duchess hits the nail on the head.  All these bouncies, even if true, make the demos look so bad out in public, nobody would want to be associated with them. 

It seems to me that more and more of the bouncy posters are being called out by other DUmmies for making them look bad.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 07:54:48 AM »
smalll  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-01-10 08:48 PM
5. Good work! Now maybe you can follow up on that by --

going to McDonalds to yell at old folks!

:lmao:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Peet

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 08:11:03 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9059167

<tt>and I notice the guy at the adjacent pump is facing backward.
This despite the fact there are four huge "WRONG WAY DO NOT ENTER" signs (two on either side) & a "DO NOT ENTER" painted on the pavement.</tt>

Click and Clack (The Tappet Brothers) had a "Puzzler":  Guys in a gas station notice some customers pull up to the pumps, get out of the car, get back in and move it to the other side of the pump.  They decide to have a contest/bet and guess if a car pulling in will stay where it first goes or have to move to the other side of the pump. 

As a helper, the station has cameras (drive-off theft dontcha know) that shows ONLY the BACK of the car.

One of the workers at the station wins 99 times out 100.  How does he do it.

P.S. The reason for Click and Clack's "Puzzler" (i.e. moving the car) is likely the reason the Rethug/BecKKK lover pulled in to the station wrong. If Dummies could think instead of emote, they'd have figured it out off the bat (or is that moonbat)...
"Robert, I moved beyond "facts" a long time ago.  Facts are for people who can't create their own truth."  -- Bucky Katt (Get Fuzzy)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 09:08:19 AM »
Not sure about entraces/exits, but my gas tank is on the passenger side of the car.  I think most new cars are built with the gas tank on the driver's side and not the other way around.  Sometimes pulling up to a pump can be almost impossible if everyone else is pointing in the other direction.

Alright.  Here's my bouncy.  It's true .... I swear.

I was pulling into a local gas station and a woman had just pulled up to the pumps.  She had the pumps on the drivers side of the car.  She got out and walked the back of her car to open the tank.  I was waiting for a spot to open in front of me. 

As she walked to the back of the car she realized the tank was on the passenger side SO she gets in her car and (I swear to God this is true)  circles the pump to the other side.  She STILL has the pumps on her drivers side!  She got out of the car and walked to the back of the car and it was at that point she realized what she had done.  I was laughing so hard I almost pissed my pants.  She saw me laughing and it got her going too.  She finally turned around and got the pump on the passenger side of the car.

I would love to tell you she had an O'bama/Biden sticker on her car but she didn't.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen