Author Topic: Has the Obama Administration worked any harder on the Oil Leak than Bush* did on  (Read 1402 times)

Offline CC27

Printer-friendly format   Bookmark this thread     Previous Thread Previous thread | Last thread
Home » Discuss » General Discussion    Donate to DU
Toots (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri May-21-10 08:58 AM
Original message
Has the Obama Administration worked any harder on the Oil Leak than Bush* did on Katrina?

While the Oil leak has been slow in building and has not endangered any US city in such a way that Katrina did, if left to spew like it has results can be predicted. Results were predicted on Katrina five days before the hurricane actually hit land and yet Bush* did absolutely nothing to prepare. While I am not suggesting in any way this is Obama's Katrina, I am very disappointed in the government's response or should I say complete lack of response.

Of course not DUmmie. Could not be Obozos Katrina. Took him what 8 days to get down there?  :whatever:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8382787

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Has he been to Kentucky yet ? Or has he been too busy apologizing to the world for that ?

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Has he been to Kentucky yet ? Or has he been too busy apologizing to the world for that ?
How about Chattanooga with its recent massive flooding?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

While the state-controlled media has been stumbling over themselves to say "Of course not," everyone knows that means the real answer is 'Hell yes.'

It's actually a lot worse, because the Katrina storm itself came and went in 36 hours or so, then left FEMA with the task of managing the aftermath and latent effects.  They fell on their face for a couple of days, though NOLA and LA State government failed even bigger, but finally got their shit together and started hitting on all cylinders with military aid, all within a week.

For Obama this is more like the USSR's Afghan war, a wound that keeps bleeding with no end in sight.  FEMA has the power to step in and take charge of the thing, assemble an expert task force and resources, then bill BP afterward whether BP likes it or not.  The ballyhooed liability limits really mean nothing when you start thinking about the fact that hiding behind them means BP never gets another US drilling license again and may lose the ones they have over 'Safety concerns.'  Obama and his HSA/FEMA team just don't have the guts to do that, and mistakenly think all the icky PR for the unresolved problem is going to stick to an oil corporation instead of themselves.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
For Obama this is more like the USSR's Afghan war, a wound that keeps bleeding with no end in sight.  FEMA has the power to step in and take charge of the thing, assemble an expert task force...   

Apparently they're more interested in drumming-out members of the TF for failing to tow the PC line on gay marriage and global warming.

Priorities
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
No worries, it's 11 days until the official kickoff of the 2010 Hurricane Season. Obambi may just have his chance at his very own Katrina. You DUmmies can bet your sweet asses that if FEMA doesn't institute a complete recovery plan before the wind stops blowing you'll hear from us, oh yeah you will. :hammer:

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator

Not to be picky, but the massive flooding is in Nashville - which is still not completely dried out.

No worries, it's 11 days until the official kickoff of the 2010 Hurricane Season. Obambi may just have his chance at his very own Katrina. You DUmmies can bet your sweet asses that if FEMA doesn't institute a complete recovery plan before the wind stops blowing you'll hear from us, oh yeah you will. :hammer:

Saw a weather map regarding this topic this morning, and it looked like there was a bit of a disturbance to the east of the Virgin Islands. Weather person (it was on the weather channel) made the comment that this was showing up 11 days prior to the "official" start of the hurricane season.....maybe you saw it too.

Apparently they're more interested in drumming-out members of the TF for failing to tow the PC line on gay marriage and global warming.

Priorities

Someone on Fox this morning, said that the administration was more interested in fixing blame on anything that came up, rather than just finding out how to fix/resolve the specific problem. They were actually talking about the Blair resigning/firing, but said it was applicable to everything.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Someone want to esplain just what a community organizer can do during an oil spill? Just sayin'........
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Someone want to esplain just what a community organizer can do during an oil spill? Just sayin'........

Organize the community to bitch, moan, and complain! :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd

Set up the distribution of Dawn & Bounty and then the bitchers and moaners.  :-)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Organize the community to bitch, moan, and complain! Blame Bush :tongue:

Fixed.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)

I don't think he's even mentioned that

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
I don't think he's even mentioned that

Chattanooga had minimal flooding, just as Knoxville did.

The horrendous flooding was in Nashville and Memphis has some significant flooding too, but nothing compared to Nashville.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Has the Obama Administration worked any harder on the Oil Leak than Bush* did on Katrina?

No.

Next question.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Results were predicted on Katrina five days before the hurricane actually hit land and yet Bush* did absolutely nothing to prepare.

So DUmbass admits New Orleans knew Katrina was coming for at least 5 days and has no expectations of the populace??  What do you expect a sitting president to do for a city that should be preparing?

AND WE'RE STILL PAYING FOR THOSE PEOPLE!!  Almost 5 years after the fact.

Dammit.  Now my blood pressure is up.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

Bush had the National Guard ready to go but Landrieu let them sit on their ass until the last minute.

Damn, DUmmies are stupid.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
You would think a mayor with hundreds of buses could have done something.

Offline Chris_

You would think a mayor with hundreds of buses could have done something.

That's just crazy talk.

Offline kenth

Organize the community to bitch, moan, and complain! :tongue:

Mission Accomplished!

Offline thundley4

He has used the spill to put  forth his anti-economy, anti-American, anti-oil agenda.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

He has used the spill to put  forth his anti-economy, anti-American, anti-oil agenda.

...Which is not even playing all that well with the Gaians, eco-freaks, and general assorted moonbats, even they want to see some damn' results, instead of just watching Obama stick one index finger up his ass and point the other one at BP.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Toots

The only hard work he does is lie.  And that's not work to him, it comes naturally, just like it does with all you liberals.  But at least you idiots that voted for him have the easy part; you just have to mindlessly accept everything he says as being true, which comes natural to you.  It's a mutually beneficial relationship where he lies and you automatically believe it.  And when it's documented clearly that it's what you do, you deny it.

Don't try to figure it out, DUmmies.  Just do what you're told as Dear Leader has commanded.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!

Toots (1000+ posts)  Fri May-21-10 08:58 AM
Original message

No.  Lord Zero has done nothing but bitch, whine, moan, point fingers, and assign blame to everyone and everything in sight....

While the Oil leak has been slow in building and has not endangered any US city in such a way that Katrina did, if left to spew like it has results can be predicted. Results were predicted on Katrina five days before the hurricane actually hit land and yet Bush* did absolutely nothing to prepare.

And what did the citizens of NOLA do to prepare?  NOTHING!  You don't sit on a railroad track in the face of an oncoming train (well, maybe YOU would), so why is it Bush's fault that the populace of NOLA was too f'n stoopid to get out of the way!  Don't give me that "no way to leave" crap, either.  Mayor Ray let almost 1,000 school buses drown that could have been used, and besides, you could have WALKED far enough away in 5 days....   :hammer:

While I am not suggesting in any way this is Obama's Katrina, I am very disappointed in the government's response or should I say complete lack of response.

This isn't Zero's Katrina.  This is Zero's 9-11....

And his response is totally, typically, LIBERAL!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
...Which is not even playing all that well with the Gaians, eco-freaks, and general assorted moonbats, even they want to see some damn' results, instead of just watching Obama stick one index finger up his ass and point the other one at BP.

Hell, I listened to a sound bite on, heaven forbid, "talk radio" that a BP Rep, was stating what they'd already paid out in claims!!!!!! IT WAS MORE THAN 8 frikkin' MIL, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!!!!!!! WTF, do these libs want? If that ain't a pound of flesh, then nothing will satisfy these pukes! I know, I know, nothing, will satisfy the devils sperm!!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!