Author Topic: DUmmy AllentownJake Desperate For State Tax Refund  (Read 1530 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmy AllentownJake Desperate For State Tax Refund
« on: March 13, 2010, 01:06:29 PM »
So, DUmmy ATJ takes a brief timeout from his non-stop forecasting of America's imminent collapse to make a cute post about state tax refunds. It's cute, because in it ATJ reveals that he's not only still unemployed, but also that he's just another apostrophe-crazed, grammatically illiterate DUmbass. He should be spending more time looking for work. You know, check for openings at the air  port, or the laundry mat. His TwixVoy-ish puffery seems to have deserted him, in his concern over the refund of his $4.34 from the state:
AllentownJake  (1000+ posts)        Sat Mar-13-10 11:22 AM
Original message
Just dumb 
Edited on Sat Mar-13-10 11:23 AM by AllentownJake
I'm reading about a few states that are delaying tax refunds to keep their liquidity going. Just ridiculously dumb. Every time you do that, a tea bagger get's
sic
their
sic
wings.

Simply put, if I fail to hand over my money to the state of PA by April 15 (thank God we aren't this stupid) the state can fine me, take me to court, or any numerous other legal actions. If the state fails to send me my refund, I get no accrued interest or anything.

I know there is a big disconnect with those in government and the rest of the world but this is just dumb and it makes people think the government doesn't respect it's
sic
own laws and agreements.

That is not a good thing.

Raise taxes, or cut spending. Don't play bullshit games because you can't make an unpopular decision in the legislature. This shit is even more unpopular.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7908549
DUmmy AllentownJake is implying that he has taxable income! (And I think he meant to say "law's and agreement's".) Sometimes I think "AllentownJake" is a lowbrow nom de plume for DUmmy TwixVoy.

NightWatcher  (1000+ posts)        Sat Mar-13-10 11:31 AM
Us poor/working people spend 100% of our money and put that money back into the community, when the rich who get their tax cuts hoard and invest their money to make more money to invest more money....

DUmmy NightWatcher has never stopped to think that if rich guys hadn't invested their money in the Jiffy Lube and the carwash, his last two jobs would not have existed.

Mari333  (1000+ posts)        Sat Mar-13-10 11:33 AM
Response to Original message
2. in the meantime
how much are we spending on 2 occupations?
insane. we are insane.

I think DUmmy Marinumbers is talking about Iraq and Afghanistan, not the Jiffy Lube and the carwash.

havocmom  (1000+ posts)        Sat Mar-13-10 12:58 PM
4. Yep, raise taxes on the upper tiers and give the rest their due refunds!
The top tiers hoard while the rest will put those refund $$ right into circulation. That just might save (or even help create) some local jobs which makes..... more taxpayers.

Puppets in statehouses and legis need to face reality and stop fiddling with bs value issues to distract and delude.

DUmmy havocmom needs to consider that Jiffy Lubes and carwashes don't just fall from the sky. Those democrat careers wouldn't exist without the top tiers investing their ill-gotten gains.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: DUmmy AllentownJake Desperate For State Tax Refund
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 01:21:26 PM »
Someone  should explain to Marinumb that her state taxes don't go to fund the war.

ATJ should be happy and boastful that his refund has gone "back into the community"

I have no idea what the Night Watchman is talking about.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 01:23:36 PM »
I think that accrued interest is mandated by state law in most, if not all, states.

I have to come up with a big chunk of change next month because I was not having taxes deducted from my unemployment checks. I thought that the few months I worked at the beginning of last year would cover it, but I figured wrong.

Offline kenth

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 03:20:42 PM »
havocmom  (1000+ posts)        Sat Mar-13-10 12:58 PM
4. Yep, raise taxes on the upper tiers and give the rest their due refunds!
The top tiers hoard while the rest will put those refund $$ right into circulation.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 05:46:26 PM »
Wonder what DU name of this character is? It was in my local paper.

Tax cut unfair

The tax cut is unfair to those who don't pay taxes. How will they be compensated?

Warren

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/2010/03/10/opinion/srv0000007776471.txt
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 05:53:55 PM »
hahahahaha

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 06:13:09 PM »
Wonder what DU name of this character is? It was in my local paper.

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/2010/03/10/opinion/srv0000007776471.txt
Attaboy, Warren! I think Warren may be one of us.

Offline terry

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 06:39:31 PM »
PA state income tax is a straight 3.07 percent.  There are only 2 or 3 possible deductions, for medical insurance like HSA's or tuition credits.   Basically everyone pay 3.07 percent, so for the most part there are no refunds. 

3.07 is deducted from your pay, you owe 3.07.  It's not rocket science.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 06:41:29 PM »
PA state income tax is a straight 3.07 percent.  There are only 2 or 3 possible deductions, for medical insurance like HSA's or tuition credits.   Basically everyone pay 3.07 percent, so for the most part there are no refunds. 

3.07 is deducted from your pay, you owe 3.07.  It's not rocket science.

That decimal throws a lot of people off. :)  Illinois is currently at 3%, but it's going to go up. 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 06:42:29 PM »
Ah, but zero percent is a LOT nicer.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 06:45:02 PM »
Ah, but zero percent is a LOT nicer.

Lousy Freeper. Don't you know that state and city services depend on taxes from those who are employed?*

*DU mode
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 06:51:24 PM »
That decimal throws a lot of people off. :)  Illinois is currently at 3%, but it's going to go up. 

I heard they will now want 1 pound 5 ounces of flesh.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 07:01:12 PM »
Only 3%?  Wow... Nawth Carolina is at least twice that.

Glad I don't live there anymore.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 07:05:41 PM »
Only 3%?  Wow... Nawth Carolina is at least twice that.

Glad I don't live there anymore.

I read that its going from 3% to 5%!!! That's a huge jump.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 07:34:14 PM »

Nebraska's state income tax used to be a straight 20% of one's federal income tax.

One computed his federal taxes, and then sent a fifth of that amount to the state, or his refund was a fifth of the federal refund.

Easy and quick.

We have "tax tables" now, ever since the sales tax (5%) was removed from groceries, and so the state returns aren't so easy to fill out any more, but it's still about 20% of one's federal income taxes.
apres moi, le deluge

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 01:12:19 PM »
Nebraska's state income tax used to be a straight 20% of one's federal income tax.

Thats an interesting method.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 02:21:06 PM »
Thats an interesting method.

There was a peculiar advantage to it, too.

As long as Nebraska's income tax rate was a percentage of the federal tax rate, the IRS enforced compliance on our behalf, without Nebraska putting out a penny.

But then when Nebraska veered away from that, the IRS said, "enforce your own compliance," which mean that the taxpayers of Nebraska, formerly getting a free ride on the IRS's back, had to pay for hiring state tax enforcers.

This all happened because originally, when sales and income taxes were imposed in 1967, replacing personal property taxes as the mainstay of Nebraska revenue, groceries were sales-taxable.

It took a couple of decades to deal with that mess.

The liberals in the Nebraska legislature, greedy to gouge the taxpayers, resisted any attempt to remove the sales tax from groceries.  When they finally understood that in the long-term it was a losing battle, they voted for a special income tax deduction for groceries, circa $20-40 to be subtracted from the state income taxes (or added to the state income tax refund), to make up for what consumers had to pay on groceries.

Nebraska's longest-serving state senator, a self-serving liberal and crackpot, Ernie Chambers of Omaha, did actually do one thing right in all those years of his in the state legislature.  He persistently argued, why mess with an income tax deduction; why not just simply not tax groceries?

Ultimately he won, but by that time other special interests had messed with the state income tax, twisting it way out of shape from the way it had originally been, a straight percentage (which varied from year to year, but was usually circa 20%) of one's federal income taxes.

And so.....Nebraska had to set up its own tax tables, divorcing it from the federal income tax.

The newest alteration of the Nebraska income tax, for this year, is a straight $25 deduction (off one's state income taxes), for property owners, for every deer that is killed on one's property.  (Not for the hunters, but for the landowners.)
apres moi, le deluge

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 02:26:50 PM »
I understand that. What is odd to me is pegging their tax rate to another entity's tax rate.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 02:35:07 PM »
I understand that. What is odd to me is pegging their tax rate to another entity's tax rate.

It was eminently simple, though.

Just a straight percentage of one's federal income taxes.

A very short form.

Not to mention that taxpayers of Nebraska had no costs associated with compliance, as the feds were doing that work for us at little or no cost to themselves.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 02:45:22 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out why someone as smart as AllentownJake can't find a job ?

Being super intelligent must have advantages right ? 

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 08:34:23 AM »
That's interesting, Frank.  Simple, streamlined, and even the biggest fool could figure it out.  I like the shift of compliance costs.  Connecticut was very simple, too.  You start with your fed, then adjust it 2 or 3 times, and you're done. 
New York, of course, is a cluster.  My tax prep fees that I will pay will likely approach $1K.  Ouch.  And I'm an accountant, I did a lot of the backend work.  I can't imagine the costs to some poor schlub who doesn't know how to bookkeep, or worse yet, doesn't know WHAT to bookkeep because of some weird, arcane tax law that forces you to disclose what you had for dinner on August 25. 

Good living for you, though.   :-)

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 08:46:21 AM »
You don't pay taxes you thieving DUmmie scumbag.

How the heck do you expect to get a refund on something you haven't paid for in the first place ?

On a related note - How funny is it to see people who demand others pay disproportionate amounts of tax , bitching that they're paying too much.

If they were to put their money where their mouth is - they'd not demand a refund and just pay their "fair share".

Typical of leftists though. They're ever so generous with other peoples money but wouldn't lift a penny of their own money unless threatened with jail time.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 08:50:39 AM »
You don't pay taxes you thieving DUmmie scumbag.

How the heck do you expect to get a refund on something you haven't paid for in the first place ?
Actually, most democrat deadbeats do get a refund on taxes they have not paid. That's what the EIC is.

Offline jukin

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 10:41:25 AM »

Once the MSM gets this it is only a minimal 2% increase not the real 60% increase. Now, if it is an entitlement program that will not increase the 10% per year but only increase 5% it will be reported as a draconian 50% reduction of the program.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.