Author Topic: 3 imediate things the ACA has done for me and my household  (Read 3469 times)

Offline Kyle Ricky

Re: 3 imediate things the ACA has done for me and my household
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »
Curious.  If unions are exempt from ObamaCare, then does that mean that their policy providers are also exempt?    Does that meant that unions that have their insurance provided under contract don't get the "perks" like the unlimited lifetime benefits?

I think obamacare will only deal with specific providers and doctors. Those being the ones who support him and pay to his campaign. The union have their own providers and doctors, and they will stay the same. That is what he meant when he said that if you like your provider and doctor, you can keep it/them.

Offline freedumb2003

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 07:55:25 PM »
I think her fiancé  actually died a couple years ago.

Can't blame him.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 08:09:58 PM »
Isn't it amazing how fast the DUmmy focus on all this ACA bullshit changed from all the "poor, downtrodden uninsured folk, left to die of terminal hemorrhoids on streetcorners because of no insurance, murdered by greedy insurance company executives and boo-hoo-hoo  :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:", to ways the rank-and-file slovenly libtard can milk the system for their own personal convenience? "Oo, oo, now I can retire early!!!" "My kid can stay home and go to college!!!" "I can finally get my dream job in the tie-dyed shirt industry now that I don't have to worry about my employer's insurance!!!"

Of course it never had anything to do with "the poor". Like every other social program they extoll, they wrap themselves in the cloak the truly needy when in actuality it's their own grimy little fingers with which they yearn to dig in the pie of someone else's efforts and wealth. And if this thing doesn't get struck down soon by virtue of conservative electoral victories it will of course continue to grow and bloat and fester and be subsidized and suck up assets like any other good gubmint boondoggle.

Yessir, it wasn't even 48 hours before they let the mask slip completely in all their giddiness over their new pony. Let's hope it gets turned into dogfood before it's too late.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 08:19:10 PM »
Unions are exempt from Obamacare. So how is she getting anything?

Unions which are self-insured.  Teacher unions are not self-insured, Or rather they are not insured for health by the union. They are insured by the municipality.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 08:22:25 PM »
Curious.  If unions are exempt from ObamaCare, then does that mean that their policy providers are also exempt?    Does that meant that unions that have their insurance provided under contract don't get the "perks" like the unlimited lifetime benefits?

If the union is self-insured it doesn't matter which carrier processes the claims for them.   The union is exempt.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2012, 08:42:03 PM »
If the union is self-insured it doesn't matter which carrier processes the claims for them.   The union is exempt.

Yep, they get to make a lot of their own rules about the plan or make exceptions.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a shift at some point, to move people to a fully insured platform, subject to all the "mandates."  Easy enough to do with a bit of bullying.  Financial bullying.   :whatever:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 04:14:17 AM »
IIRC, the union waivers for Obamatax just meant that they could wait another year to implement it.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.