Author Topic: I still haven't received my stimulus check.  (Read 1646 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I still haven't received my stimulus check.
« on: June 05, 2020, 12:24:17 PM »
Star Member Horse with no Name (33,445 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213547454

Nearly 3 months into this....I still haven't received my stimulus check.
My message on the website has said that I qualified and it would be deposited over a month now.

To be fair, I don't "need" it. However, it is mine and I do want it but this could be terrible for those that are hurting to have to wait this long.

This potus is the biggest failure in the history of this country.

Anyone else having the same issue?

:whatever:

Star Member hlthe2b (78,599 posts)

3. Yup... Except I can't even get that far despite hours spent entering any any and all combinations

of spelling, abbreviation, and and punctuation of my mailing address and other info.

Yes, I have reviewed DOZENS of articles giving suggestions for others like me that the automated system won't recognize, but NADA.

I am angry but I don't want this to bring on yet another stress migraine so I'll leave it at that.

Star Member lunasun (19,441 posts)

4. May have gone in to another account . You need to verify it was never deposited per bank 1st

I read of wrong addresses ,wrong accounts, checks to dead people, & I know someone who has not lived in the US for 5 years who got one

Xipe Totec (42,352 posts)

6. Just received mine recently, but beware

They are sending them through a 3rd party, Money Network Cardholder Services in Omaha, NE

It will be a debit card, not a check, and if you're married, the letter will be addressed to your first name followed by your spouse's last name.

Wrote about it here:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213507808

Is that a scam? It sounds like a scam...

PTWB (394 posts)

12. That's odd. I received my deposit on April 15th (of all days!).

It was a direct deposit into my bank account. The same way I receive my usual tax refund.

Star Member Andy823 (10,706 posts)

19. Received my stimulus check

about two weeks ago, not deposited into my account, but got a check. My daughter applied about two weeks ago and just today she received a check.

This is the first time I have heard of the third party debit card thing. Maybe it has something to do with what state you live in, or maybe trump has found another way to get his share of things by doing it the debit card way.

Xipe Totec (42,352 posts)

21. The past two years I've slightly underpaid on my taxes

So instead of getting a refund I've had to send them a check on April 15th.

I even had to pay a penalty this year for underpaying (A whole $7.00, oh noes!).

Maybe that's why I didn't get a direct deposit into my account.

Who knows.

:thatsright:

Star Member lastlib (14,880 posts)

15. Received mine--donating to Dem candidates

Mostly to Biden, balance to key Senate & House candidates.

McGrath (KY); Gideon (ME); Kelly (AZ); Greenfield (IA); Jones (AL); Payback Project.

Star Member Bayard (8,177 posts)

18. I did receive a check last month

Funny, the trump letter was mailed separately weeks later.

But my husband has not gotten his. The website says they mailed it last month to the Florida address he was working at in 2018 (this company moved him around all the time). Not the one he filed last year, or this year.

I talked to the IRS. They said they probably have it back by now, and its in some dark hole while they process his return for this year. That will update his address for them to mail the check out again, supposedly.

Thank gawd he's starting a new job next week, with no travel.

20. I find it quite amusing that they were in a hurry to send out the trump campaign letters

to everyone who had already received a check, but unable to get anything to the ones who haven't.

Priorities, right?

I hope your husband gets his soon.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: I still haven't received my stimulus check.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 12:39:34 PM »
I think it should be against the law for any senate or house candidate to receive money from outside their state.

I don’t see how it’s any different than a presidential candidate accepting money from foreign countries.

Anyone have any good reason why a candidate who represents the people of a state or the state itself should be able to receive out of state money?  Am I missing something?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 01:15:52 PM »
Bad Orange Man knows who "Horse with no Brain" is and fears him/her so much he put her $$ on hold. :lmao:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 01:44:25 PM »
Get in line, Horse With No Brain primitive. I'm still waiting for Obamacare to save me $3000 a year.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 02:24:35 PM »
Get in line, Horse With No Brain primitive. I'm still waiting for Obamacare to save me $3000 a year.

The changes OhBummer! Don'tCare forced on my employer's healthcare plan probably increased my employee contribution about $2000 a year.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 04:27:57 PM »
Oh geezuz.

As reported widely in the news media, with individuals whose bank information appears to have errors, the Treasury Department is instead mailing prepaid debit cards. 

It might look like some sort of scam, but it's not.

I'm guessing the primitives whining about not getting theirs actually got one of those debit cards and threw it away, thinking it a scam.

Too bad.  They can of course get a new card, but there's a lot of red tape involved.  Too bad.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 05:46:42 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213547454

Nearly 3 months into this....I still haven't received my stimulus check.

The IRS donated it to black lives matter, It is your fair share of reperations.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 06:10:35 PM »
Star Member Bayard (8,177 posts)

18. I did receive a check last month

Funny, the trump letter was mailed separately weeks later.

But my husband has not gotten his. The website says they mailed it last month to the Florida address he was working at in 2018 (this company moved him around all the time). Not the one he filed last year, or this year.

So they don't live together and they file taxes separately. Are they even married or is the husband imaginary? Why would they mail the check to the address of his last job?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 06:16:09 PM »

So they don't live together and they file taxes separately. Are they even married or is the husband imaginary? Why would they mail the check to the address of his last job?

Always remember the First Rule of Primitivity: DUmmies lie.  All the time, DUmmies lie.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 01:18:32 AM »
To the DUmmies whining about not getting a stimulus check, they were sent to an illegal alien who is using your social security number to get employment and blend into the system.

But it's ok.  You guys have repeatedly told us that illegals have the right to be here and their presence here is not hurting anyone.   In fact many of you have said many times how they are good for the nation and enrich our culture so suck it up.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2020, 01:47:51 AM »
Oh geezuz.

As reported widely in the news media, with individuals whose bank information appears to have errors, the Treasury Department is instead mailing prepaid debit cards. 

I'm guessing the primitives whining about not getting theirs actually got one of those debit cards and threw it away, thinking it a scam.

Too bad.  They can of course get a new card, but there's a lot of red tape involved.  Too bad.

Sure sounds scamlike to me. I do all of my bills/banking electronically but for whatever reason still deal with The IRS via snail mail so they don't have my bank account EFT deposit information in their system.

I received a $1,200 check from The US Treasury, not a debit card.  Looked more or less just like a tax refund check.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2020, 08:57:11 AM »
Sure sounds scamlike to me. I do all of my bills/banking electronically but for whatever reason still deal with The IRS via snail mail so they don't have my bank account EFT deposit information in their system.

I received a $1,200 check from The US Treasury, not a debit card.  Looked more or less just like a tax refund check.

Yeah. I got a check also.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2020, 09:10:05 AM »

https://norfolkdailynews.com/news/nebraska-attorney-general-addresses-stimulus-card-concerns/article_fe099008-a5aa-11ea-a709-4f125a7717c6.html
apres moi, le deluge

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2020, 01:12:53 PM »
Oh geezuz.

We got ours that way and almost threw it out for the same reason.  Like everyone else we were expecting a CHECK (I refuse to give the IRS any of my banking info) that looks like the way refund checks look.

And it has been widely reported people are, indeed, throwing the cards away as possible scams.

The biggest issue has been trying to transfer it to our bank account where the funds can be usable to us.  We don't need the money but whenever the govt wants to give me BACK what was once MINE my answer is "hell, yes!"
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2020, 01:13:53 PM »

See my post upthread.  We got a DR Card.

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2020, 02:43:36 PM »
We got ours that way and almost threw it out for the same reason.  Like everyone else we were expecting a CHECK (I refuse to give the IRS any of my banking info) that looks like the way refund checks look.

And it has been widely reported people are, indeed, throwing the cards away as possible scams.

The biggest issue has been trying to transfer it to our bank account where the funds can be usable to us.  We don't need the money but whenever the govt wants to give me BACK what was once MINE my answer is "hell, yes!"
Straight to the account for ours.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2020, 03:52:42 PM »
Straight to the account for ours.

It wasn't until after this thing started that it occurred to me to create a firewall account only for the purpose of transferring money to/from the IRS.

But never in a million years would I give them access to any of my real accounts.  They want it?  Go through the legal steps.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2020, 05:22:28 PM »
It wasn't until after this thing started that it occurred to me to create a firewall account only for the purpose of transferring money to/from the IRS.

But never in a million years would I give them access to any of my real accounts.  They want it?  Go through the legal steps.
I'd normally be that way about it, but my accountant is a wizard and i am all about streamlining the works for her
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline jukin

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2020, 06:50:08 PM »
I received a check on May 1st.

The DUchebag, get this, is lying.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.