Author Topic: This tide is turning (primitive caught lying)  (Read 597 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
This tide is turning (primitive caught lying)
« on: June 04, 2020, 07:11:07 PM »
Star Member Soph0571 (7,156 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213544225

This tide is turning

'Our dad said he's learned his lesson and regrets voting for Trump. We got him this shirt and he says he going to wear it until November and only take it off to wash it."

As seen on reddit

Things are going to get worse before they get better, but there is hope here.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member brush (28,189 posts)

1. Woohoo! Now you're talking.

Star Member bdamomma (55,923 posts)

2. we need more of them to leave the cult of tRump.

Star Member Aristus (50,675 posts)

5. I'm sorry, I can't applaud these hammerheads.

I don't care if they had some sudden epiphany. They knew exactly who and what he was before they voted for him. It's a little late to say "We've been had" and expect to be believed.

They're the reason we're in this mess. If they are truly contrite, we'll know through Biden's victory in November.

Until they pull the lever or check the box with Biden's name next to it, they can save their bad breath, because I don't believe them...

:whatever:

DrToast (5,683 posts)

9. This is so counterproductive

Look, I’m not even saying you’re wrong, but we need to make people feel welcome to be allies against Trump. Even if it’s only temporary.

Try to imagine it from their perspective. Maybe they’re thinking about voting for Biden. But then they see Democrats attacking other Republicans even after they announce support for Biden. That persons initial reaction is going to be, “Well, I guess they don’t want me.”

Now you can say, “People shouldn’t base their vote on how people treat them!” And you might be right, but humans don’t work that way. At least most of them don’t.

Nature Man (699 posts)

19. So are they no longer racist Nazis?

:censored:

NNadir (24,577 posts)

22. "If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favourable reference...

...to the devil in the House of Commons.” - Winston Churchill, 1941.

I hate to disagree, but I rather agree with Churchill's view. Stalin was a terrible man, but frankly, the Russians did far more to destroy Germany than Britain.

If only pure Democrats - the same people who voted for Ms. Clinton - vote for Biden, we'd be in a bad way, wouldn't we?

Churchill confronted Stalin after the war was won.

firstwife (91 posts)

15. I love your dad so much!

He is one of us now, and I’m super proud of his conversion.

:whatever:

« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 04:14:35 PM by franksolich »
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DUmpDiver

Re: This tide is turning
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 07:57:18 PM »
Star Member Aristus (50,675 posts)

5. I'm sorry, I can't applaud these hammerheads.

I don't care if they had some sudden epiphany. They knew exactly who and what he was before they voted for him.

Complete bullshit.  Since Trump had no record as a politician nobody knew exactly what he'd do once he took office.

Personally I was never a big fan of Trump over the years but I did vote for him in both the primary and GE because he wasn't a run-of-the-mill career Republican pol and he wasn't that corrupt hag. I really had no idea what he'd actually do once he took office though.

Over the past three years though I've been pleasantly surprised by his efforts to actually follow through on his campaign promises with respect to putting America and Americans first with respect to trade, illegal immigration and many other issues. I still don't get his behavior sometimes but he has earned my vote in 2020.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 08:32:06 PM »
BS
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 04:14:03 PM »
Oh, the primitive's been caught, thanks to PrescientWon on BabyDU.

https://www.discussionist.com/10152188135

It's all made up.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: This tide is turning (primitive caught lying)
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 05:53:30 PM »
Things are going to get worse before they get better, but there is hope here.

Yup! Trump 2020 4 more years!!

That's your dad, a f**king hair farmer with a stupid t shirt. :thatsright: :lmao: :lmao: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!