Author Topic: Americans are loading up on guns and ammo in the wake of race protests  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213538255

Dial H For Hero
Americans are loading up on guns and ammo in the wake of race protests

https://www.yahoo.com/news/americans-loading-guns-ammo-wake-153936309.html

Angel Rambert, 26, bought her first gun on Monday after weekend protests tore through Atlanta, demolishing storefronts and stirring civil unrest.

An AT&T store across from her apartment in Buckhead, Georgia, was ransacked, Rambert said. And owning a gun would give her a greater sense of safety.

"During the times we're living in, you just never know what might happen," Rambert said.

She was met with long lines at two nearby gun shops when she went to purchase a pistol. "At first, I was surprised at the number of people, but I was happy to see so many of us exercising our amendments," Rambert said.

She is part of a wave of Americans shopping for firearms as protests erupt across the country triggered by the death of 46-year-old George Floyd, who was unarmed when a white police officer pinned him to the ground with a knee to his neck.

Gun and ammunition sales have lifted since mid-March when the pandemic was declared. And higher-than-average sales continued through May. Now, there are signs that gun sales may start to surge again in June.

(excerpt)

These people are retarded. On purpose.

Aristus
1. Bunch of snivelling cowards...

Chainfire
4. They are preparing
for the day that they will take their country back from liberals and minorities.

Nevilledog
2. "but I was happy to see so many of us exercising our amendments,"
The likelihood she could name more than three amendments is slim.

Why does this person think women are stupid??

hunter
28. Sure it would. Four easy shots.
Bang, bang, bang, bang.

The question is: Do you want to live in that world?

I'd rather live in a world where heroes are quick with their cell phone videos.

So ... I’m guessing if someone had had a cell phone to video this incident there wouldn’t have been an issue. The cops would have just left?  Gotcha. Too bad there wasn’t anyone with a cellphone there. Maybe you’ll be lucky enough to have a cellphone if someone comes to kill you. That will make the killers stop and think!

JHB
16. Breaking: Gun & ammo buyers take advantage of excuse to buy more guns & ammo
Also breaking: Sloths are slow and water is wet. Film at 11.

Wrong. Most of us buy when there is no need. It’s cheaper. We’re smarter than you’re

Seeing these posts make me quite sure; none of the people own a fire extinguisher. Or a spare tire. Or a bandaid. Or an air compressor. Or a bottle of aspirin. Or a house alarm. Or a car with seatbelts. Or any food in the freezer or canned. Or ... I think you understand.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DUmpDiver

DUmmies can disarm criminals and rioters with critical thinking.

Offline 67 Rover

hunter
28. Sure it would. Four easy shots.
Bang, bang, bang, bang.

The question is: Do you want to live in that world?

I'd rather live in a world where heroes are quick with their cell phone videos. to reload

FIFY
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

Well, police in many cities are not protecting law-abiding citizens - told to stand down, overwhelmed, whatever. So law-abiding citizens are preparing to defend themselves. It's a sad state of affairs, especially where police were told by pols not to engage rioters and looters, because forced citizen self-defense could get messy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

Well, police in many cities are not protecting law-abiding citizens - told to stand down, overwhelmed, whatever. So law-abiding citizens are preparing to defend themselves. It's a sad state of affairs, especially where police were told by pols not to engage rioters and looters, because forced citizen self-defense could get messy.

My regret is that my preferred weapon for mobs/riots is a Remington 870 pump but it only holds 5 rounds without the plug. I never got the hang of quickly reloading it or where and how to carry extra rounds other than my hunting vest pockets. 

Just checked with my local gun store and they are all sold out of Mossberg pump home defense shotguns, it seems that others have the same thoughts that I do.  :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
My regret is that my preferred weapon for mobs/riots is a Remington 870 pump but it only holds 5 rounds without the plug. I never got the hang of quickly reloading it or where and how to carry extra rounds other than my hunting vest pockets. 

Just checked with my local gun store and they are all sold out of Mossberg pump home defense shotguns, it seems that others have the same thoughts that I do.  :cheersmate:

Just buy a shotgun that holds more.
https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/shotguns/ksg/

KSG
The one that started it all. The KSG was our first entry into the 12ga shotgun market, so naturally we had to completely redefine it by setting a new standard in both magazine capacity and overall length. Here’s the short and not-so-long of it: Legal in all 50 states, the KSG holds 6+6+1 (or 7+7+1 depending on shell length) in a 26.1” package. That’s not a typo- it holds a lot of ammo at just over two feet long. It comes standard with an 18.5″ barrel and Picatinny-style rails for mounting your favorite accessories on both the top and bottom.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline 67 Rover

Massachusetts so not legal because of the infinite wisdom of our mentally ill dyke AG.  Too scary looking is probably the reason.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 09:23:24 AM by 67 Rover »
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline freedumb2003b

DUmmies can disarm criminals and rioters with critical lack of thinking.

FIFY.  DU is the PERFECT lab for observation of the Dunning-Kruger effect.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

Pretty close to Kill-O-Zap,which Arthur Dent struggled to use ; he "fumbled to release the safety catch and engage the extreme danger catch as Ford had shown him."

Kill-O-Zap is a deadly silver brand of handheld weaponry. The designer was clearly not instructed to beat about the bush. “Make it evil,” they’ve been told. “Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sorts of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, this is a gun for going out and making people miserable with.”
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline 67 Rover

Wow!  I need one of these!

KC

Is it able to accept a choke for pheasant hunting?  :rotf:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline 67 Rover

Massachusetts so not legal because of the infinite wisdom of our mentally ill dyke AG.  Too scary looking is probably the reason.

Speaking of our mentally ill dyke AG  here is exhibit A.

"Massachusetts attorney general Maura Healey (D.) on Tuesday refused to denounce the violent riots occurring nationwide, likening them to the purifying effects of a forest fire.

"Yes, America is burning, but that's how forests grow," Healey said in a speech delivered to the Boston Chamber of Commerce."

She is also one of the reasons why all the "peaceful" protesters are getting out of jail without any need for bail.

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline thundley4

"Massachusetts attorney general Maura Healey (D.) on Tuesday refused to denounce the violent riots occurring nationwide, likening them to the purifying effects of a forest fire.

"Yes, America is burning, but that's how forests grow," Healey said in a speech delivered to the Boston Chamber of Commerce."

She is also one of the reasons why all the "peaceful" protesters are getting out of jail without any need for bail.

Probably took money from Soros super pac for her campaign. Soros backed a lot of liberal minority candidates.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Pretty close to Kill-O-Zap,which Arthur Dent struggled to use ; he "fumbled to release the safety catch and engage the extreme danger catch as Ford had shown him."

Kill-O-Zap is a deadly silver brand of handheld weaponry. The designer was clearly not instructed to beat about the bush. “Make it evil,” they’ve been told. “Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sorts of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, this is a gun for going out and making people miserable with.”

I've never read the book, but I love the movie.

KC

*Stolen

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."

Isn't that the premise behind the Purge movies?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline jukin

I think the DUmbasses should go with Joey the Paste's recommendation of a double barrel shotgun.

Oh and gun control/confiscation is DOA for the next 10 years.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.