Author Topic: DUers, we need to ask who these combat troops with NO INSIGNIA are.  (Read 495 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Hekate (61,154 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213533108

DUers, we need to ask who these combat troops with NO INSIGNIA are.

Senators, Congresscritters

Please take some time out tonight and tomorrow to write and/or call your Senators and Congressional Representatives. I'm going to include some of our heroes of the impeachment for good measure -- Adam Schiff, Eric Swallwell, Ted Lieu and others. Maybe Mme Speaker of the House as well. Don't forget: if yours are GOP, they need to hear from concerned freedom-loving citizens just as much.

These men are all dressed up in combat gear in our nation's Capitol and there's no indication of who they "belong" to and who they answer to. They were included in yesterday's Lafayette Park debacle and here's more "guarding" the Lincoln Memorial. I've expanded the photo on my iPad and could only see a couple of blurry patches. Who the heck are they if not US military?

Lincoln Memorial, copied from DU posts:

There is a unit patch, clearly seen. The others are wearing body armor that covers their upper arms, covering the unit patches. One has a vest with Military Police stencilled on it.  :whatever: Since the guy closest to teh camera is wearing Air Force Rank, and a pretty senior rank at that, I'm betting some of those are AFNG.

Star Member MontanaMama (12,991 posts)

1. Who are they and who is paying for them? Someone wrote a check.

:whatever:

Star Member MontanaMama (12,991 posts)

4. DUer 2naSalit pointed out that

their uniforms bear no insignia or military branch affiliation. This isn’t good.

They are wearing rank and have unit patches on.  :whatever:

sarisataka (10,868 posts)

7. I am puzzled

I do not see any sort of weapon or riot control gear. Just the body armor.

If someone storms the monument are they going to 'rassle?

13. Last night there were many types of troops/LEO at the park, all identifiable except these uniforms

Ultimately at least 3 types of weapons were used against the peaceful protestors across from the White House: rubber bullets, tear gas, and flash-bang grenades.

Just because these guys aren't toting AK whatevers doesn't mean they aren't armed.

16. I am familiar with the weapons

that fire the rubber, pepper capsules, various grenades and thrown/personal use devices as well. I cannot see any of those on them

One the top step, behind one of the soldiers is an M4 carbine, slung muzzle down. Probably all have them. And Pro-masks.

17. If they are not United States personnel, they have no business in our country. Don't get sidetracked

They are such idiots.

30. I was able to run a 500% zoom and there are at least three different units in this picture

There are people wearing Air Force insignia- the far right one in the military police vest and the one in the front row with the bright green at the waste have enlisted rank insignia. About 1/3 of the people have the same camo pattern but are positioned wrong or the distortion is too great to clearly see their insignia

The closest man in the photo has no shoulder insignia but appears the have a rank insignia of an Air Force First Sergeant at the top of his armor, by his neck. He has a different camo pattern matched by several others. One group may be active duty and the other Air NG.

The second front the right in the front has a shield shaped patch on the soldier. It can be seen on several others in the photo. They are army or NG. It is difficult to make out but might be one of the Security Force Assistance Brigades (active army) Edit> I found some AF insignia that are close. That makes more sense if they are all AF personnel.

While I cannot account for everyone, all who have some identifiable insignia are US.

I also noticed on the left edge of the photo what appears to be legs and plexiglas which resemble a portable podium. Was this picture taken today? If it was someone giving an interview or speech at the memorial that would explain the variety of units and lack of actual weapons. It would be troops waiting for a dog and pony show to start.

That would also account for the two in the rear smoking and joking looking at a cell phone.

35. Thank you very much, sarisataka. Your ability to zoom in is far beyond mine, & one mystery is solved

Aside from the ambient paranoia generated by Trump and his enablers, I have to say lately he's been ratcheting it up practically hourly. His rant to the 50 governors of the USA was a choice example -- "Dominate! Heavily armed troops! Joint Chiefs of staff Gen. Milley is in charge! He's a warrior, never lost a battle, I can tell you that!" -- followed by his entire made-for-tv Rose Garden/Lafayette Park/St. John's Church episode, has me far more suspicious than I usually am.

He has always told us who he is, and he tells us what he wants to do. Then he goes and tries it. He wants to be a strongman, like those he admires so much, and he wants American carnage. He's a psychopathic sadist. He has a lot of enablers with their own agendas who benefit from him. We are in a moment of real chaos -- I so want the Pentagon to tell him NO. But so far it's been nearly 4 years and no one from anywhere has rescued us.

:yawn:

Star Member Indykatie (1,856 posts)

9. My Bet Would Be They are Paid Mercenaries with an Outfit Like Blackwater n/t

:thatsright:

Beartracks (9,849 posts)

10. Even Republicans should not accept a foreign power deploying in our capital.

American soldiers shouldn't even be deployed against American citizens. But if these guys are not even American soldiers, they may as well be a foreign power, for where do their loyalties lie?

15. Exactly my point. I agree they *could* be Blackwater mercenaries, but I want it out in the open...

...and not just speculate.

Jamastiene (37,640 posts)

18. Blackwater is trending on Twitter.

Of course, we don't know for certain this is remnants of Blackwater. That is only speculation. I say remnants of Blackwater, because the name has changed a couple of times since back then. Someone did mention Glock mags and said it did look like them to them, but still, just speculation.

But, it would not hurt to remember Blackwater later became Xe, then later Academi. So, if you see Xe or Academi mentioned, it still just a newer version of Blackwater.

That is who I think it is, but that is only speculation right now. I want to know for sure too. So, I will ask.

StTimofEdenRoc (353 posts)

19. Russians?

Jamastiene (37,640 posts)

23. It is the National Guard?

According to the NYT, it is the DC National Guard.

:rotf:

AntiFascist (11,220 posts)

29. The Schutzstaffel? n/t

geralmar (957 posts)

34. The small fellow standing at the right edge of the photo has the words "military police" ...

printed on his black vest. Which tells me nothing. I was in the army decades ago and it alarms me that I can't tell the service from looking at the uniform. It should be a matter of public pride the branch you are serving in.

Edit: I was looking at the top (first) photo.

Star Member C_U_L8R (34,874 posts)

36. They look a little paunchy to be real military.

More likely Erik Prince's idiot cosplay kkkomando$$$. Anything for a profit.

They are children.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 67 Rover

Re: DUers, we need to ask who these combat troops with NO INSIGNIA are.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 07:41:44 AM »
Beartracks (9,849 posts)

10. Even Republicans should not accept a foreign power deploying in our capital.

American soldiers shouldn't even be deployed against American citizens. But if these guys are not even American soldiers, they may as well be a foreign power, for where do their loyalties lie?

I actually lost count years ago how many times DUmmies pleaded with other nations to invade (save) us and also wished for UN troops here in the U.S. during elections.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 09:17:53 AM »
DU-member sarisataka looking at facts and being something like a voice of reason? :banned:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 10:05:11 AM »
WE'll remember this next time you morons blather on about how you support the Troops..
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 11:00:47 AM »
Yeah, because the gov't allows random people in full uniform with weapons to just hang out at the Lincoln Memorial.  :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:

Honestly, just when you forget that primitives CAN be more stupid......

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 03:03:02 PM »
DUers, we need to ask who these combat troops with NO INSIGNIA are.

They are the dreaded FEMA conscription core coming to take you to the gulag (FEMA camps) :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Ass hole :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!