Author Topic: GOP Now Controls Majority of State Legislatures in Battleground States  (Read 457 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
GOP Now Controls Majority of State Legislatures in Battleground States
https://bongino.com/gop-now-controls-majority-of-state-legislatures-in-battleground-states/

As politico’s sift through the results of the 2020 election, one issue has received little attention. And given its importance, I find that surprising.

I’m referring to the GOP’s majority control of state legislatures.

Prior to the election, Republicans held majorities in 59 chambers and Democrats, in 39. (Alaska’s House was split under a power-sharing agreement.)

Although the map looks very much the same following last week’s election, voters in New Hampshire managed to turn both their House and Senate red.

Republicans control the state legislatures. New Hampshire flipped to Republican.

s politico’s sift through the results of the 2020 election, one issue has received little attention. And given its importance, I find that surprising.

I’m referring to the GOP’s majority control of state legislatures.

Prior to the election, Republicans held majorities in 59 chambers and Democrats, in 39. (Alaska’s House was split under a power-sharing agreement.)

Although the map looks very much the same following last week’s election, voters in New Hampshire managed to turn both their House and Senate red.

It could shape elections for the next decade.

“They won the power to draw four times as many congressional districts as Democrats did. They basically held control of all of these key states, whether it was Wisconsin or Ohio or Pennsylvania or Florida, and they remain in control of all of those states now.”

Both Harris and Berman agreed that, going into the 2020 elections, Democrats had high expectations which failed to pan out. As a result, Berman noted that, “with a few exceptions, the post-2020 redistricting cycle is going to look very similar to the post-2010 redistricting cycle, when Republicans dominated the process.”

“The 2022 midterms are going to take place under new maps that Republicans are going to draw,” said Berman. “You can be sure as hell that Republicans are going to do everything they can to try to entrench their power after 2020, just like they did after 2010. And the technology to do so is going to become even more sophisticated.”
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du