Author Topic: despite it all, elections a bloodbath for Democrats  (Read 578 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
despite it all, elections a bloodbath for Democrats
« on: November 06, 2020, 11:54:24 AM »
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/11/05/with-votes-in-presidential-race-still-being-counted-some-very-good-gop-news-drop-n2579521

At State Level, 2020 Was a Bloodbath for Democrats...And Highlighted Something Interesting About Trump

Elections matter at all levels. We know this. From governor to seats in the state legislature, these are all key. Controlling the state legislatures is essential for a host of reasons, not least being that it determines the congressional maps.

While COVID, the 2020 presidential race, and other issues dominated the cycle, this year, a census year, was where a change in these institutions could determine the power map regarding the House of Representatives for the next ten years. Democrats were hopeful—and they failed miserably to flip state legislatures.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: despite it all, elections a bloodbath for Democrats
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 11:59:26 AM »
[a sample of the miscellany at the link]

BREAKING from @AP: In an upset, Republican Barbara Ann Fenton-Fung has ousted Rhode Island's Democratic House speaker, Nicholas Mattiello.....

And in Vermont:  Vermont Republicans have won seats in the House, won seats in the Senate, defeated the Dem Speaker, defeated the Progressive Caucus leader, and re-elected Republican PhilScott by 40 points.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 04:37:15 PM »
My more obnoxious Lib friends are scolding everyone 'Don't you DARE post anything about stolen elections unless you have proof, and if you do have it, you should be calling the FBI.'  I'm refraining from any catfights about their own ridiculous election conspiracy theories they've clung to for the last four years, or if they mean the same FBI that sat on Hunter's laptop for ten months (And still would be, if its current owner hadn't gotten worried about his life expectancy), or that gave the Clinton emails and obstruction of justice case a look that was so superficial as to embarrass an Inspector Closeau.

They are off on a tangent today about how Wall Street thinks it's great.  I'm not going to tell them that that's because all of them with tech jobs will be replaced with half-price H1B visa workers from India and South Asia, or that any manufacturing jobs in their family are probably going offshore in the next two years.  The idea that something that is good for stock speculators is not necessarily good for them or the US is beyond their comprehension, though it's ironic that they were saying more or less that when it was rising under Trump. 

The fact that the US Senate will remain in GOP hands is no doubt a great relief to investors everywhere, but it's only a limited degree of protection as many policies on economy and trade are solely creatures of the Executive, and only a united House and Senate can unscrew them once the Executive screws them up.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 04:46:06 PM »
My more obnoxious Lib friends are scolding everyone 'Don't you DARE post anything about stolen elections unless you have proof, and if you do have it, you should be calling the FBI.'  I'm refraining from any catfights about their own ridiculous election conspiracy theories they've clung to for the last four years, or if they mean the same FBI that sat on Hunter's laptop for ten months (And still would be, if its current owner hadn't gotten worried about his life expectancy), or that gave the Clinton emails and obstruction of justice case a look that was so superficial as to embarrass an Inspector Closeau.

They are off on a tangent today about how Wall Street thinks it's great.  I'm not going to tell them that that's because all of them with tech jobs will be replaced with half-price H1B visa workers from India and South Asia, or that any manufacturing jobs in their family are probably going offshore in the next two years.  The idea that something that is good for stock speculators is not necessarily good for them or the US is beyond their comprehension, though it's ironic that they were saying more or less that when it was rising under Trump. 

The fact that the US Senate will remain in GOP hands is no doubt a great relief to investors everywhere, but it's only a limited degree of protection as many policies on economy and trade are solely creatures of the Executive, and only a united House and Senate can unscrew them once the Executive screws them up.

And Wall Street prefers divided government, which means nothing major will happen.

And after hearing 4 years of Russian collusion b.s., we deserve to at least investigate this unusual voting dump.  Algore didn't concede Florida 20 years ago for over a month.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender