Author Topic: They won't get 17 Republicon senators to vote to convict.  (Read 476 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
They won't get 17 Republicon senators to vote to convict.
« on: February 05, 2021, 10:32:44 PM »
Jeebo (1,203 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215062082

That's a really heavy lift, and y'all, let's get real, it ain't gonna happen. However, here is what I'm hoping for. I'm hoping the House impeachment managers will make a really compelling case, such a powerful case that it will be really difficult for those Republicon senators to justify their votes for acquittal. They'll do it anyway, of course. They'll make all kinds of excuses and rationalizations and twist themselves into every imaginable logical pretzel, but they'll do it, and that's what I want them to HAVE to do. I want the House managers to make such a compelling case that the Republicon senators will not be able to justify their votes to acquit. And then, I want those impossible-to-justify votes to come back to haunt them.

-- Ron

:popcorn:

Star Member StarfishSaver (13,728 posts)

1. They are speaking to history

And it will matter.

:yawn:

Star Member Skittles (133,357 posts)

3. with repukes it is ALWAYS party above country

always

:bird:

Star Member roamer65 (24,963 posts)

5. Still needs to be on the record.

Aiding and abetting sedition.

:censored:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: They won't get 17 Republicon senators to vote to convict.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 12:26:29 AM »
Wait until the defense presents video of the current vp encouraging antifa and blm riots to continue.   Or mad auntie maxine telling her followers to get up in the face of members of President Trump's administration,  or the current occupant of the white house stating how he wants to take a sitting President outside and punch him...

You ****ers want to make history, but the world will see your double standards and how petty and childish you are and how your leaders are guilty of what you accuse President Trump of.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 08:24:08 AM »
I'm hoping the House impeachment managers will make a really compelling case, such a powerful case that it will be really difficult for those Republicon senators to justify their votes for acquittal. They'll do it anyway, of course. They'll make all kinds of excuses and rationalizations and twist themselves into every imaginable logical pretzel, but they'll do it, and that's what I want them to HAVE to do. I want the House managers to make such a compelling case that the Republicon senators will not be able to justify their votes to acquit. And then, I want those impossible-to-justify votes to come back to haunt them.
It's not republicans who are rationalizing and twisting themselves into logical pretzels. The articles of impeachment allege that Trump's words were "calculated" to cause violence. Good luck proving that!

Of course, the dems' case might actually seem superficially compelling, because they are masters of sophistry and and specious logic.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 08:33:09 AM by ADsOutburst »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 09:37:41 AM »
I'm hoping the House impeachment managers will make a really compelling case, such a powerful case that it will be really difficult for those Republicon senators to justify their votes for acquittal.

Unless the Dem Shampeachment KangaChair totally silences and suppresses Trump's defense your hope will be shattered and ground into powder. :-)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 07:24:17 PM »
Jeebo (1,203 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215062082

That's a really heavy lift, and y'all, let's get real, it ain't gonna happen. However, here is what I'm hoping for. I'm hoping the House impeachment managers ...

You're absolutely correct Beeno. Your shampeachment isn't going anywhere. The failings of the democraps to accomplish anything
is obvious.  Now put away the dice and  board games then run along
outside to play in the traffic.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 09:28:04 PM »
After 4 years of childish BS from the left in Washington DC, I'm the last person you would want to ask to be the grown-up in the room.  If I was Mitch O'Connell this week I would instruct Republican Senators to let the pro-conviction vote count get up to about 64 or 65 and then have the very last Republican called, vote to acquit. They would have to keep a very careful eye for turncoats, but it would be fun because they call them in alphabetical order.  I can just here it now . The vote is 65 yeas, 35 nays. "Senator Young IN, how do you vote?"   "Representing the great people of Indiana this Senator will vote Nay"  Chuckie Schumer was so close to getting incited again.