Author Topic: Big Mo's neighborhood becoming more and more unsafe  (Read 1570 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Big Mo's neighborhood becoming more and more unsafe
« on: January 23, 2021, 09:58:52 PM »
https://cwbchicago.com/2021/01/hapless-thief-charged-with-burglarizing-wicker-park-target-store-twice-in-one-night.html

I'm sure area encompasses Big Mo's rusty-abandoned-cars-chicken-raising neighborhood in the extreme north of Chicago.

Posted with the hopes that Big Mo remains safe.

Hapless thief charged with burglarizing Wicker Park Target store twice in one night

A little over a year ago, prosecutors charged Armad Jones with burglarizing a car in Lincoln Park after he allegedly fell asleep inside the vehicle.

If new allegations against Jones are true, he’s continuing to have horrible luck as a burglar.

Prosecutors say surveillance video shows Jones burglarizing the electronics department at Target, 1667 West Division, around midnight on December 21. And then coming back to the store to burglarize it again four hours later.

Jones, 26, stole a phone during his first after-hours shopping trip, prosecutors said. He returned through the same back door around 4:30 a.m. to steal a Fitbit and other electronics, according to the state’s allegations.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Big Mo's neighborhood becoming more and more unsafe
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 12:02:11 AM »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 08:28:33 PM »
If so, it's a trite saying but probably literally true: momo voted for this.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 08:56:08 AM »
If so, it's a trite saying but probably literally true: momo voted for this.

I'm surprised at the number of union members who are calling in to the conservative radio shows I listen to who seem SURPRISED that they are no longer employed!  Killing the Keystone Pipeline as quickly as Biden did caught them off guard and they're not too happy about what they voted for.

I honestly don't know how they didn't see that coming.  Maybe they thought it wouldn't affect them.  I don't know.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 07:18:37 AM »

I'm surprised at the number of union members who are calling in to the conservative radio shows I listen to who seem SURPRISED that they are no longer employed!  Killing the Keystone Pipeline as quickly as Biden did caught them off guard and they're not too happy about what they voted for.

I honestly don't know how they didn't see that coming.  Maybe they thought it wouldn't affect them.  I don't know.

KC

I work in a union shop and none of my co-workers would speak in favor of Biden. Almost everyone was openly supportive of Trump. A lot of people are annoyed by his mannerisms, but they like what he wanted to accomplish.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 07:26:10 AM »
I work in a union shop and none of my co-workers would speak in favor of Biden. Almost everyone was openly supportive of Trump. A lot of people are annoyed by his mannerisms, but they like what he wanted to accomplish.

One of the guys I heard on the radio was a fellow from Arkansas who was working in the Dakota's.  He said their union 'encouraged' them to vote for Biden and he was shocked that he was now packing to heard back to Arkansas with no job.

I was shocked he was so ill informed!  Biden pretty much said all along the trail he was going to shut down large portions of the O&G industry, and while he straight up lied about not killing fracking at the end of the campaign, anyone who was watching the whole campaign heard both he and Kamala tell potential voters they were ABSOLUTELY going to stop fracking.  That has now been accomplished with the 'No New Leases ...'

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 07:33:52 AM »

One of the guys I heard on the radio was a fellow from Arkansas who was working in the Dakota's.  He said their union 'encouraged' them to vote for Biden and he was shocked that he was now packing to heard back to Arkansas with no job.

I was shocked he was so ill informed!  Biden pretty much said all along the trail he was going to shut down large portions of the O&G industry, and while he straight up lied about not killing fracking at the end of the campaign, anyone who was watching the whole campaign heard both he and Kamala tell potential voters they were ABSOLUTELY going to stop fracking.  That has now been accomplished with the 'No New Leases ...'

KC

Our union sent out letters supporting Biden, and I'm sure many of the electricians were good little sheep, but the guys working in the motor/mechanical shop are pretty conservative. The one exception is the gay guy from Mexico. (True) He is a citizen, though.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 08:53:28 AM »

KC

well, they can learn to code.....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 09:18:33 AM »
well, they can learn to code.....

I'm pretty sure that's what Kerry just told them, only in different terms.  Didn't he say they could get better jobs in another industry?

KC

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2021, 09:44:08 AM »

I'm pretty sure that's what Kerry just told them, only in different terms.  Didn't he say they could get better jobs in another industry?

KC

Beijing biden said that to coal miners back in December 2019 when he was talking about shutting down the coal industry

Police lives matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2021, 10:28:58 AM »

KC

I guess they could try and move to China where most solar panel and wind generating equipment will come from.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2021, 11:35:18 AM »
I guess they could try and move to China where most solar panel and wind generating equipment will come from.

That one absolutely kills me.  It's amazing how much the liberals are willing to overlook the HUGE amounts of migratory bird deaths, including the bald eagle, along with the blades on those things filling our landfills up and they don't decompose.

KC

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2021, 11:58:17 AM »

That one absolutely kills me.  It's amazing how much the liberals are willing to overlook the HUGE amounts of migratory bird deaths, including the bald eagle, along with the blades on those things filling our landfills up and they don't decompose.

KC

Meanwhile the cleanest source of energy, nuke power is treated worse than a redheaded stepchild in Scandinavia.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2021, 12:28:04 PM »
Meanwhile the cleanest source of energy, nuke power is treated worse than a redheaded stepchild in Scandinavia.

Yes sir, and most of them probably can't tell you why they oppose nuclear, just heard that it was bad.  I see it around the plants all the time.  People who have no clue what they're looking at and see 'smoke' coming out of a stack or a line.  95% of the time it's either steam or condensate they are seeing.  The other 5% is something and I promise you the plant is paying for that.  When you see the flares go off in a plant it means there is a problem and they're having to burn something off.  Plants don't want those flares going off, and they'll do anything they can to rectify the problem as quickly as they can.  They are losing product and in some cases, risk fines.

KC

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2021, 12:44:36 PM »

Yes sir, and most of them probably can't tell you why they oppose nuclear, just heard that it was bad.  I see it around the plants all the time.  People who have no clue what they're looking at and see 'smoke' coming out of a stack or a line.  95% of the time it's either steam or condensate they are seeing.  The other 5% is something and I promise you the plant is paying for that.  When you see the flares go off in a plant it means there is a problem and they're having to burn something off.  Plants don't want those flares going off, and they'll do anything they can to rectify the problem as quickly as they can.  They are losing product and in some cases, risk fines.

KC

I like how the environmentalists always use smokestacks pouring out steam and call it pollution. I would rather live near a nuke plant than a meat processing plant. :)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2021, 07:43:35 PM »
I like how the environmentalists always use smokestacks pouring out steam and call it pollution. I would rather live near a nuke plant than a meat processing plant. :)

Imagine being down-wind from a Sriracha Sauce processing plant, https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sriracha-hot-sauce-factory-in-california-told-to-cool-it/ .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2021, 12:16:29 PM »
Imagine being down-wind from a Sriracha Sauce processing plant, https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sriracha-hot-sauce-factory-in-california-told-to-cool-it/ .

Sounds like a bunch of racists trying to keep the Asian down. :)

I live near two corn and soy bean processing plants. Depending on the weather you can either smell burnt beans or the smell of raw alcohol.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2021, 12:35:52 PM »
I grew up 20 or 30 miles from Vacaville - onion dehydrator. Now I've about the same from Gilroy, garlic and onion processing.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2021, 04:34:38 PM »
I grew up 20 or 30 miles from Vacaville - onion dehydrator. Now I've about the same from Gilroy, garlic and onion processing.

back in the early '90s when I was young and single and had too much disposable income I used to rent a plane at Concord airport and fly my girlfriend (now wife) to the Nut Tree airport in Vacaville for lunch and what was referred to as the "$250.00 hamburger" due to the cost of renting a plane to fly the 35 mile trip to Nut Tree.

Lived in Sunnyvale in the late '90's and could always tell when we had a wind out of the south with the smell of the garlic from the Gilroy garlic fields

Police lives matter.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2021, 05:38:38 PM »
back in the early '90s when I was young and single and had too much disposable income I used to rent a plane at Concord airport and fly my girlfriend (now wife) to the Nut Tree airport in Vacaville for lunch and what was referred to as the "$250.00 hamburger" due to the cost of renting a plane to fly the 35 mile trip to Nut Tree.

The Nut Tree airport is still there, but the restaurant is long gone, sadly.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2021, 10:48:30 PM »

Lived in Sunnyvale in the late '90's and could always tell when we had a wind out of the south with the smell of the garlic from the Gilroy garlic fields

What a cool story. Do you still fly?

KC

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2021, 12:39:53 AM »

What a cool story. Do you still fly?

KC

Not in years.  Got to be too expensive

Police lives matter.