Author Topic: Effie's Lame Perfect Analogy needs a crutch.  (Read 2067 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Effie's Lame Perfect Analogy needs a crutch.
« on: May 31, 2018, 03:04:17 PM »

Effie's at it again.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210676180

Eff'in Effie black is back race hustling with this apocalyptic analogy.  First commeth the blacklash. (Du_wipipo sick of the shtick).

EffieBlack (9,193 posts)

Remember back in school when a kid showed up at school with a broken leg and crutches?
And everybody thought it was so cool and they grabbed his crutches and took turns walking around on them pretending they, too, had a broken leg?

And the kid who had really broken his leg just sat and watched everybody playing with his crutches, and shook his head because the crutches had gotten old a long time ago and he wished he didn’t need them because they stopped being fun about 30 seconds after the doctor gave them to him. And now his armpits were chapped and his arms ached and his fingers were cramped. And his cast itched and his leg hurt like hell. He wished he could not have a broken leg and not need those damned crutches and he could just get up and run around and play like everyone else. But he couldn’t move two feet without them because his leg was all jacked up.

And he really needed to go to the bathroom, but his friends were having so much fun playing with his crutches that they didn’t realize they weren’t a toy and that he really needed them just to get around, something they could do without crutches and without even thinking about it. And he was both annoyed and amused that they were so eager to use his crutches when they didn’t need them at all, they didn’t understand that crutches weren’t toys, and they didn’t appreciate how awesome it was NOT to need crutches just to get to the damned toilet.

That’s what the great 2018 DU Wypipo Drama reminds me of ..

Que the adorning hordes.

mcar (22,057 posts)
1. Perfect analogy!

Anyone know who coined the term WYPIPO at the DUmp?  Anyone really care?

Response to EffieBlack (Original post)
Wed May 30, 2018, 09:54 PM
tazkcmo (5,869 posts)
2. I don't know this word
But am well acquainted with the Drama. Your post has reminded me that I need more popcorn. Thnx!
Say now, this is no way to treat Effin' Effie!!

Wed May 30, 2018, 09:56 PM
 Blue_true (5,441 posts)
3. I don't know Effie. I understand your analogy as much as I understand
a rainbow colored, unicorn mouse.  I am slow today, do you have another analogy that may work for me?
:lmao:  Good one spudsworth.  Good one.

Wed May 30, 2018, 09:57 PM
mokawanis (3,261 posts)
4. how did he break his leg?
tripping over a dead horse?

White Privilege, the new and improved white man's burden. (props to Kipling  https://www.shmoop.com/white-mans-burden/poem-text.html)   WYDUpipo are getting a bit sick of Effin' black pipo's   :pokingpoop:

Well, some but not all.

Response to mokawanis (Reply #4)
Wed May 30, 2018, 10:01 PM
DonCoquixote (12,582 posts)
7. ha ha ha
it is not a dead horse, unlike the dead kids that get killed because A) a certain group always lets Cops get away with shooting unarmed kids and B) that same groups loves that ar-15's so much that they are willing to let their kid get shot up in schools by kids, who, oddly enough, happen to be of the same complexion.

DonCroquette in for the BLM score (black lies matter to DUpipo)

Response to mokawanis (Reply #4)
Wed May 30, 2018, 10:04 PM
 EffieBlack (9,193 posts)
8. That's pretty funny

:whistling:
Response to EffieBlack (Reply #8)
Wed May 30, 2018, 10:36 PM
mokawanis (3,261 posts)
12. It was there so I took it
but I hope it doesn't lead anyone to think I don't recognize what privilege is and how it plays out in our society. 
:mental:
Wed May 30, 2018, 09:59 PM
DonCoquixote (12,582 posts)
5. wypipo is a term people used
because they had a problem that needed a term. The kid has crutches because he needed a tool, but the kids that play with the crutches do not realize these are not toys for the kid, but tools.

Wed May 30, 2018, 09:59 PM
 LuvLoogie (3,996 posts)
6. Whenever I see a wypipo thread or read a wypipo column, this always pops into my head...

{video link}   https://youtu.be/vDYCVfubdr4

Should any DUmmie ever use the phrase 'this always pops into my head...'???

Caught the next one before the delete??  A one post wonder may soon go under the ban hammer.  Effie got major MOJO or is it Domo? 

Adiaphron (1 post)
27. There is another important term to consider.

After reading numerous threads about this general topic, many generated by you, and also the comments, I decided to sign up and suggest something that may help. There are many professionals who can treat the condition that seems to be presenting itself here.

Some of the more relevant details of what psychologists and psychiatrists identify as “injustice collecting” (the individuals are known as “injustice collectors”:

Injustice collecting allows us to avoid responsibility for our circumstances. Self-pity garners attention and sympathy from others.

The injustice collector attempts to regain perceived loss of all power by using the attention and sympathy to manipulate others into conceding to the injustice collector, in an effort to accommodate the alleged victim.

The tendency to itemize every unfair knock we've ever suffered is known as injustice collecting. Sometimes the injustices are personal, as in, "My boss unfairly promoted Rick over me." This kind of self-talk leads to anger. At other times, the catalogued outrages lead to overwrought generalizations, such as, "Nothing ever goes well; this is too unfair." This type of thinking leads to hopelessness and rage.

Enough grudge holding and soon you'll see more iniquity than actually exists. The injustice collector becomes a trigger-happy perceiver.

This article offers more about the condition: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/articles/20061/injustice-collecting

Thank you and have a nice day.

Another important thing to consider: If it walks like a duck....

ck4829 (20,088 posts)
28. And another important term to consider Is System Justification.
System justification is a social psychology term of art that designates any motivational tendency to defend, bolster, or rationalize existing social, economic, and political arrangements.

It is conceptualized as a response tendency possessed by many, or perhaps most, members of society to see aspects of the overarching social system as good, fair, and legitimate. Consequently, alternatives to the status quo are often derogated or avoided for ideologically defensive reasons. In other words, system justification is an inherently conservative inclination to preserve “the way things are,” sometimes even at the expense of objective social interests (Jost, Banaji, & Nosek, 2004).

System justification allows us to ignore disparities and injustices, they're "OK". "They're just in your head you see?" "You're just causing trouble by pointing things out."

System justification simply needs to be recognized in most cases for healing and liberation from it to begin:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9780470672532.wbepp273
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/without-prejudice/201702/system-justification-why-people-buy-social-inequality
And now for our  "Look at me."  post of the thread. 

Response to ck4829 (Reply #28)
Thu May 31, 2018, 08:05 AM
 WePurrsevere (20,541 posts)
34. +1 (Thanks for the memory jog) nt

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Online Old n Grumpy

Re: Effie's Lame Perfect Analogy needs a crutch.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 06:11:47 PM »
When you read the posts at the dump the place is full of injustice collectors, the perpetually offended, the ones who can never be appeased. Like a little spoiled child when you give them a piece of candy and then they want the whole box. then when they get it, it still isn't enough.

Top that off by the place being an echo chamber only tends to reinforce thier views and pushes them further towards the brink. This is fueled by the internet where all these demented ass holes get their 5 minutes of exposure and with the MSM's help make these fringe crazies "legitimate".

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 06:41:29 PM »
When you read the posts at the dump the place is full of injustice collectors, the perpetually offended, the ones who can never be appeased. Like a little spoiled child when you give them a piece of candy and then they want the whole box. then when they get it, it still isn't enough.

Top that off by the place being an echo chamber only tends to reinforce thier views and pushes them further towards the brink. This is fueled by the internet where all these demented ass holes get their 5 minutes of exposure and with the MSM's help make these fringe crazies "legitimate".

Two phrases describe the DUpipo
petulant children...
whiny liberals...

I know, I know.... they're synonymous.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 06:43:58 PM »
Star Member BumRushDaShow (32,170 posts)

39. K&R

and you can guess how, once more, I discovered this thread was here... 

Yup, you guessed right. 

Well DUmmie... how did you guess the thread was there? Do Tell.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 08:57:28 PM »
I've read this 3 times and the best I can tell it's a post representing minorities as having a broken leg and needing crutches but everyone else thinks it's fun to play on the same crutches the minorities are sick of having to use because all they really wanna do is take a piss.

So Effie, just ask for your crutches back then limp on over and pee, will ya? Just don't ask normal people to help you unzip your fly, or pull it out and hold it, or give it a shake. That's on you.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 11:31:57 PM »
Effie is braveneck rejoined.  skimmer is slacking.  Too much brown sugar methinks.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 07:42:03 AM »
I've read this 3 times and the best I can tell it's a post representing minorities as having a broken leg and needing crutches but everyone else thinks it's fun to play on the same crutches the minorities are sick of having to use because all they really wanna do is take a piss.

Yeah, I couldn't see that her post had a

Maybe it was that blacks need to use expletives when referring to whites, and for white Progs to use this newest expletive is cultural appropriation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 12:25:26 PM »
 :yawn:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 02:47:52 PM »

Two phrases describe the DUpipo
petulant children...
whiny liberals...

I know, I know.... they're synonymous.

You forgot hate filled, spiteful fascists.

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 03:49:47 PM »
EffieBlack (9,193 posts)

Remember back in school when a kid showed up at school with a broken leg and crutches?
And everybody thought it was so cool and they grabbed his crutches and took turns walking around on them pretending they, too, had a broken leg?

No.

The only reason that would happen is if YOU were the bully that did it.  It does not happen in the normal course of childhood.  To normal people, anyway.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 04:01:26 PM »
You forgot hate filled, spiteful fascists.

:thatsright:

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 04:37:29 PM »
The people at the dump could give artificial intelligence a headache.  :thatsright:

A mind is a terrible thing to waste, and they over do it there.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 06:13:12 PM »
EffieBlack (9,193 posts)

No.

The only reason that would happen is if YOU were the bully that did it.  It does not happen in the normal course of childhood.  To normal people, anyway.

:thatsright: You're right. :thatsright: In my wypipo schools we were considerate of students who had broken legs or had to use crutches for other reasons. Maybe "EffieBlack" attended a Jerkpipo school (a reference to character, not food seasoning).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.