Author Topic: Your 2012 Gaming Wishlist  (Read 4497 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Your 2012 Gaming Wishlist
« on: February 03, 2012, 11:45:35 AM »
Mine:

Diablo III (if they scrap the DRM) - Diablo? The blood-drenched, magic-slinging, I piss nuclear napalm and collect enough treasure to pay off the US debt Diablo?

With modern graphics and destructable terrain?

You had me at "Diablo."

Mass Effect 3 - The last 2 installments were solid story telling and game play. You cared not only for your character but your crew as well. To not finish the trilogy would be a crime.

SSX - If you played the original SSX Tricky you knew it was fun and engaging even if extreme sports/snowboarding was never your bag. Now the game is being reborn with massive sandbox environments which means, while there are set start-points for your run anything you can board off of is open to you. There will be more than a dozen massive mountain ranges mapped using NASA topography programs. Then they throw in wingsuits, para-sailing, helicopters and whatever else can add to your airtime.

Guild Wars 2 - The original GW presented on-line gaming with a unique business model that the rest of the industry will be foolish to ignore: buy the game, play on-line for free for as long as you want. GW also had some pretty solid graphics and an excellent card-based powers/skill system. The 2nd installment promises significant game play changes while keeping the same brilliant styling.

GTA V - Many critics of the franchise find the protagonists always being involved in criminal practices to be unsettling. It always has fans who are less than mature (despite the games' ESRB rating) that indulge their more juvenile sides. Mores the pity for them because they're missing out on the real depth of the games. Despite this inevitable drawback the games are works or art. The environments where in these epics unfold are as much a star of the story as the humans. Everything is a pointed commentary on the society the game reflects. The billboards, the radio stations, Even passers-by on the streets capture your attention. Then, as brilliant as these worlds are, the main story is powerful enough to assert itself/stand upon these worlds.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Speaking of works of art KoA:R isn't just a game: it's an event. The main story is written by famed fanatasy author R. A. Salvatore and has art direction meant to turn fantasy novel cover art into reality. It also promises an in-depth play system with over 100 hours of play.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
Re: Your 2012 Gaming Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 11:48:08 AM »
Civilization V.  Yeah, it's been out for a while, but I ain't payin' that much for it.

Same goes for Sims 3.

SimCity is about due for some urban renewal-- 9 years old this year!
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 01:37:06 PM »
GTA V, and i would to get San Andreas, Vice, III for my PS3

and i would like to get a 360 to play forza 3 and 4

i have uncharted 3 and havent even popped it in yet.
i will get modern warfare 3 when MW4 comes out (to save money on a 12 hour story mode game)

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 02:49:11 PM »
Diablo 3 of course.  Already have a friend in the Beta and he is going to try and get me a key.

Counterstrike Global Offensive

Dota 2
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 08:37:57 PM »
GTA V.

That is all.

Unless a Just Dance 4 is released for the Wii.  Then we can throw that one in too.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »
GTA V, and i would to get San Andreas, Vice, III for my PS3

and i would like to get a 360 to play forza 3 and 4

i have uncharted 3 and havent even popped it in yet.
i will get modern warfare 3 when MW4 comes out (to save money on a 12 hour story mode game)

Do you have GTA IV?  I'm having a hard time getting into that game.  San Andreas was my favorite GTA, hands down.  From the rumors, GTA V is going back to the San Andreas area.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 11:09:56 PM »
From the rumors, GTA V is going back to the San Andreas area.

Not a rumor, good lady.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »
Not a rumor, good lady.

Didn't think so, but I don't believe the gamer websites until the game is released.

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 12:02:03 PM »
Do you have GTA IV?  I'm having a hard time getting into that game.  San Andreas was my favorite GTA, hands down.  From the rumors, GTA V is going back to the San Andreas area.
yes. GTA is my "must have" gaming series. SA was my favorite also, mainly because of all the stuff to do.
i made this checklist guide to get all the collectibles in the game with screenshots of them all. talk about hours playtime!! Rugnuts SA guide

unfortunately i dont have a PS2 anymore so i can only play on my pc which is not as fun. i heard they are going to re-release III, vice and SA for the ps3 though (non-upgraded).

have you seen the trailer for GTA V? here

• Oh snap!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 01:46:03 PM »
yes. GTA is my "must have" gaming series. SA was my favorite also, mainly because of all the stuff to do.
i made this checklist guide to get all the collectibles in the game with screenshots of them all. talk about hours playtime!! Rugnuts SA guide

unfortunately i dont have a PS2 anymore so i can only play on my pc which is not as fun. i heard they are going to re-release III, vice and SA for the ps3 though (non-upgraded).

have you seen the trailer for GTA V? here

Oh my gosh!  I'd love a re-release.  We got rid of our PS2 when we got the PS3 and miss playing all of my GTA games. 

I have seen the GTA V trailer.  It looks like it might take place in present days.  I noticed all the foreclosure & going out of business signs and thought it would be nice to have a "today" GTA. 

And your GTA SA guide looks familiar.  I probably used it a few times while struggling to find oysters and horseshoes.

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 02:06:22 PM »
"FORECLOSED"
im thinking that is going to play our in the game. maybe they bring back buying propertys in this game. even businesses, that lead to to new odd jobs.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »
2nd wave of miniature relases for my Warhammer 40k Necron army and the 6th edition rules set for the same game.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 08:01:05 PM »

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 09:39:07 AM »

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 11:06:51 PM »
Half-Life2, Episode 3. Dammit.  :banghead:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 11:22:39 PM »

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 08:07:09 AM »
http://us.lollipopchainsaw.com
the graphics scream "WII" or even "N64"
the content, not so much though, lol

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 08:37:39 AM »
Max Payne 3
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi