Author Topic: Things That Make You Go Hmmm (Andrew Sullivan spreads that rumour)  (Read 690 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Questions for the McCain-Palin campaign:

Where has Bristol Palin (far right, holding Trig, with a ring on her wedding finger) been for the past year? Has she been attending high school? Or was she absent because of infectious mononucleosis for between five and eight months, as is now being reported on the Internet?

Why would a 43 year old woman, on her fifth pregnancy, with a Down Syndrome child, after her amniotic fluid has started to leak, not go to the nearest hospital immediately, even if she was in Texas for a speech?

Why would she not only not go to the hospital in Texas, but take an eight-hour plane flight to Seattle and then Anchorage?

Why would she choose to deliver the baby not in the nearest major facility in Anchorage but at a much smaller hospital near her home-town?

Why did the flight attendants on the trip home say she bore no signs of being pregnant?
It strikes me as likely that there are reasonable answers to these questions - more reasonable than the only one given so far -

"You can't have a fish picker from Texas," said Todd -
and the rumors buzzing across the Internets and the press corps are unfounded and unseemly. There must be plenty of medical records and obstetricians and medical eye-witnesses prepared to testify to Sarah Palin's giving birth to Trig. There must be a record of Bristol's high school attendance for the past year. And surely, surely, the McCain camp did due diligence on this. But the noise around this story is now deafening, and the weirdness of the chronology sufficient to rise to the level of good faith questions. So please give us these answers - and provide medical records for Sarah Palin's pregnancy - and put this to rest.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/08/things-that-mak.html

:censored:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Things That Make You Go Hmmm (Andrew Sullivan spreads that rumour)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 06:42:02 PM »
For the record, I had mono (and a case of strep) the month before I was married and it lasted for months (only the mono lasted for months but because of the mono the strep was harder to get rid of).  I eventually got Erythema Nodosum a few months after I initially was diagnosed with mono.  I did get married on schedule but came back from our honeymoon (Crested Butte, CO) after only two days (and seeing the ski resort doctor, who told me to go home).  We were suppose to stay for 7 days.  I couldn't even get out of bed to ski.  I couldn't even look for work after we moved to Phoenix (two weeks after we got married) for at least two months.  I got a temp job after the two months and had to call in so many times because I was so exhausted that I eventually quit.  I finally felt back to semi-normal about 5 months later.  I got a perm. job though about 4 months after moving there but I would get at least 10-12 hours sleep every night so I could function the next day.  Mono kicked my a$$.

Here is a link to what Erythema Nodosum is:  http://www.med.nyu.edu/patientcare/library/article.html?ChunkIID=100540

They hurt like heck and I had them for like two months on top of having the mono. 

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 06:45:28 PM »
I have numerous pictures of my older kids holding my younger kids.  I have numerous pictures of myself and Mr Smith holding grandkids.  Everyone has on rings.    ::) ::)

This article is one of those that make me go Hmmmm, some people are stupid.   :lmao:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 07:08:48 PM »
TechBear_Seattle  (1000+ posts)         Sun Aug-31-08 07:02 PM
Response to Original message
5. A Muslin?
   Well, she is white as a sheet. But I think you actually meant Muslim.

As for why not, I don't think we should stoop to flat out lying: it is one of the few things that distinguishes Democrats from Republicans.

The thread isn't worthy of a DUmpster entry, but this one post gave me a hardy-har-har.