Author Topic: Clinton delegates back Obama, but show concern  (Read 680 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Clinton delegates back Obama, but show concern
« on: August 24, 2008, 08:45:38 PM »
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/08/25/america/25delegatesweb.php

Oh my.

Delegates to the Democratic National Convention arrive in Denver having largely put aside the deep divisions of the primary fight between Senators Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton, although some hold lingering concerns about Obama's level of experience, according to a New York Times/CBS News poll.

More than half of the delegates that Clinton won in the primaries now say they are enthusiastic supporters of Obama, and they also believe he will win the presidential election in November, the poll found. Three in 10 say they support Obama but have reservations about him or they support him only because he is the party's nominee. Five percent say they do not support him yet.

Whether the Clinton supporters follow through to vote for her or leave their grievances behind and cast their roll-call ballots for Obama remains to be seen.

"If Barack is the nominee, he is the nominee," Diana Carpenter-Madoshi, 62, a retired nurse from Rocklin, California, and a Clinton delegate, said in a follow-up interview. "I'm still pledged to Hillary because I was elected by my district to be her pledged delegate and I'm honoring the voters who voted for her."
apres moi, le deluge