Author Topic: Finally told my Trumper cousin to go **** herself  (Read 765 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Finally told my Trumper cousin to go **** herself
« on: July 29, 2020, 05:02:29 PM »
Star Member vercetti2021 (3,177 posts)
https://democraticunderground.com/100213825727

After being so patient and sticking with family is family. Yeah **** that shit. I had enough when she decided to once again paint Democrats as party of the KKK. And how young people are being indoctrinated into the party blah blah blah. You can get an idea where this is going.

So anyway I pop in because nobody ever challenges her and tell her I wasn't indoctrinated by a party. I became a Democrat because of what one party stood for. The conservative party is what made me never become one of them because they stand for everything that is against human rights and freedom.

So she then goes and asks me if I believe in white privilege. I say yes I do given the circumstances of what has been happening in America. White people are born with an advantage because we are white and have it easier than people of color. She decided to project and say I'm a white supremacist because I said I am above them. I'm like wtf? I'm pointing out a sad and depressing truth. I never once said I was above anyone.

Point being said. It goes on and on about Trump wanting to make schools better with these programs and kept linking me just bullshit that wasn't true. Finally someone else pops in, my other whack job cousin. Basically calling me out as a crybaby because I don't like the rich. This was an ancient comment over how the Trump tax cuts didn't do shit for me and I said. Well unless you were born with a silver spoon up your ass or get lucky with a business. You wouldn't benefit from those cuts. Thus she also adding she can't stand my type. And I'm like. Excuse me?

Point said. I told them both to go **** themselves and really family doesn't go down the petty insults to make themselves look right on the topic. I've always tried to be respectful considering they are my elders. But I had enough. I said there's an unfriend and block button. Do it. I won't lose sleep over you two.

:yawn:

8. Exactly!

And I had enough. Like projecting like Trump on family especially? Like wow that's cold. More cold than labeling me as a nazi or communist (yeah they labelled me as one more than once)

But your kind? They both know I'm bi and trans. And I instantly knew where she was going with that shit.

bluedye33139 (1,296 posts)

4. I also have had family estrangement over politics

My brother and I barely speak. We get together once a year for half a day and as long as we're in public and never talk about politics, it's okay. But we cannot have conversations about anything that's happening in the country. It's sad.

greenjar_01 (1,778 posts)

5. They sound like abusive people - you don't owe toxic and abusive family members your time or

attention.

::)

Star Member catbyte (19,411 posts)

10. I cut every last MAGAt out of my life over 3 years ago. It might be a character flaw on my part,

but I haven't spent one minute of my life since missing any of them. It's a crime what that thing has done to all of us.

Star Member kimbutgar (13,357 posts)

11. What is so sad about this mf45 presidency is how families and friends have been divided

We have are pos potus who wants to divide us rather than unite us. Especially during this pandemic we should be working together but the orange anus wants his brain dead cult members to ignore science and Not wear a mask and go out and affect themselves and others.

I never remember during the bush years so many family and friends had been so divideD, it just shows you how evil MF45 is. I have lost friends and weary around certain family members who still support him) His whole administration has been insidious and evil. His supporters are so brain washed they are brain damaged and their pre frontal cortex (empathy and reasoning) are gone. You just have to walk away because the are goners.

Awsi Dooger (13,568 posts)

16. She should have been told off decades ago

The cousins on my father's side stay away from me completely because they know their simpleton rubbish has no chance. I have caused them to curse and run away numerous times. It's always funny when they send somebody up for another attempt, like a friend. Somehow they actually believe that comparative competence within their circle can stand up outside it.

Same thing on sports forums of all types

albacore (666 posts)

21. The real question... for those who have hung in there with family MAGA members...is:

What happens after trump is gone... and the country gets its sanity back?

Do you just sit across the Thanksgiving table (if that ever happens again) and talk about the weather?.... knowing what you know about them?

90% of Republicans approve of trump.. all the polls show.

How can we ever let that kind of racism and sick nationalism and anti-scientific, anti-reason thinking back into our lives.

Easy for me to talk. I don't have any of those people anymore. Gone long since.

For those of you still hanging in with MAGA friends and relations... what's your plan?

:mental:

the_sly_pig (672 posts)

24. Jettison trumptards. No mercy.

Traitors to the Constitution. Shallow. Thoughtless. Fragile. Bitter and angry. I have tossed family members and feel much better for it. And I’m gonna gloat like a mofo when we have the Senate and the White House. I’m gonna rub that schnitzel in their faces every chance I get and remind them of their treason for the rest of their lives.

:bird:

Star Member mokawanis (3,784 posts)

28. I did the same about a month ago

A cousin I grew up around and then re-connected with on Facebook several months ago. I knew he was a right-wing Trumper but I gave him his space and didn't say anything when he posted Trump garbage on his FB page. The problems began when he'd get upset about things I posted, and it got to the point where he was starting arguments and being insulting. I gave him one warning and then when he persisted I unfriended him and blocked him.

I was a little worried about how two other cousins, his sisters, might react but they are both Democrats who continue to be friendly towards me. Sometimes you just gotta rid yourself of toxic people, even when they're relatives.

LymphocyteLover (347 posts)

33. it's truly sad what rightwing media has done to people-- totally brainwashed them

:thatsright:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Finally told my Trumper cousin to go **** herself
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 05:20:26 PM »
Progressives writing off friends and family over politics amazes me. Trump will be off the national political scene no later than January, 2025. Parents, siblings, cousins, long-time friends will be around years or decades longer, usually.

Recently discovered a couple of FB Friends silently and with no conflicts, unFriend me, apparently over my political views. It's a fresh sadness for me. They are in the running community, and once events resume and I meet one I'm going to inflict a little discomfort by greeting them as if nothing had happened. Remind them of their petty ungraciousness.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 06:24:56 PM »
Progressives writing off friends and family over politics amazes me. Trump will be off the national political scene no later than January, 2025. Parents, siblings, cousins, long-time friends will be around years or decades longer, usually.

Recently discovered a couple of FB Friends silently and with no conflicts, unFriend me, apparently over my political views. It's a fresh sadness for me. They are in the running community, and once events resume and I meet one I'm going to inflict a little discomfort by greeting them as if nothing had happened. Remind them of their petty ungraciousness.
Kill em with kindness
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 07:03:12 PM »
Sounds like DUmmie got it’s ass handed to it publicly and is laying down ground cover.

I’m surprised the DUmmie was unable to mentally disarm them and bragg at the DUmp, like the Awsi Dooger genius. Man, I’d hate to have to debate that guy. I think he’s super smart and stuff.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 07:24:38 PM »
This is why they lose.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 07:51:50 PM »
They’re always so tough and say exactly the right thing when they lie about what really happened.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 08:07:04 PM »
If you think it's bad now, just wait until Trump schlongs Pervy Joe this November.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 09:15:12 PM »
https://democraticunderground.com/100213825727

After being so patient and sticking with family is family. Yeah **** that shit. I had enough when she decided to once again paint Democrats as party of the KKK. And how young people are being indoctrinated into the party blah blah blah. You can get an idea where this is going.

So anyway I pop in because nobody ever challenges her and tell her I wasn't indoctrinated by a party. I became a Democrat because of what one party stood for. The conservative party is what made me never become one of them because they stand for everything that is against human rights and freedom.

So she then goes and asks me if I believe in white privilege. I say yes I do given the circumstances of what has been happening in America. White people are born with an advantage because we are white and have it easier than people of color. She decided to project and say I'm a white supremacist because I said I am above them. I'm like wtf? I'm pointing out a sad and depressing truth. I never once said I was above anyone.

Point being said. It goes on and on about Trump wanting to make schools better with these programs and kept linking me just bullshit that wasn't true. Finally someone else pops in, my other whack job cousin. Basically calling me out as a crybaby because I don't like the rich. This was an ancient comment over how the Trump tax cuts didn't do shit for me and I said. Well unless you were born with a silver spoon up your ass or get lucky with a business. You wouldn't benefit from those cuts. Thus she also adding she can't stand my type. And I'm like. Excuse me?

Point said. I told them both to go **** themselves and really family doesn't go down the petty insults to make themselves look right on the topic. I've always tried to be respectful considering they are my elders. But I had enough. I said there's an unfriend and block button. Do it. I won't lose sleep over you two.

Sigh. You have major league problems.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 09:18:02 PM »
Sounds like DUmmie got it’s ass handed to it publicly and is laying down ground cover.

I’m surprised the DUmmie was unable to mentally disarm them and bragg at the DUmp, like the Awsi Dooger genius. Man, I’d hate to have to debate that guy. I think he’s super smart and stuff.

KC

I love the "lucky in business" nonsense.  Business succeeds from vision and hard work.  The former requires brains and the latter character. 

Which is why lefty is and always will a wage slave.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 07:23:21 AM »

8. Exactly!

And I had enough. Like projecting like Trump on family especially? Like wow that's cold. More cold than labeling me as a nazi or communist (yeah they labelled me as one more than once)

But your kind? They both know I'm bi and trans. And I instantly knew where she was going with that shit.

:whatever: WTF?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 08:17:21 AM »
Well unless you were born with a silver spoon up your ass or get lucky with a business. You wouldn't benefit from those cuts.
People who get a paycheck got a benefit from those cuts, those on the gub'ment teet not so much.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline landofconfusion80

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)