Author Topic: 4 shot, 1 dead at Korean retreat center in Calif.  (Read 640 times)

Offline thundley4

4 shot, 1 dead at Korean retreat center in Calif.
« on: April 08, 2009, 06:32:08 AM »

Investigators use lights from a Riverside Sheriff's car to hold a meeting about the shootings of four people at a Korean Christian retreat in Temecula, Calif. on Tuesday, April 7, 2009. A gunman opened fire at a Korean Christian retreat center on Tuesday night, killing one and wounding three others, authorities said.

"TEMECULA, Calif. – A gunman opened fire at a remote Korean Christian retreat center Tuesday night, leaving one person dead and at least three people injured, authorities said.
Authorities were first called to the rural area about 7 p.m. after receiving reports about a man shooting his wife, California Highway Patrol spokesman Mario Lopez said.
But investigators were still trying to learn the circumstances of the shootings, and were hindered by a language barrier in trying to sort out the facts, Riverside County Sheriff's spokesman Dennis Gutierrez said.
"We have some nuns that are very distraught," he said.
The name and age of the suspected shooter was not released and the identity of the dead victim were being withheld until relatives were notified.
At least two of the victims were critically injured. The gunman was also believed to be among the wounded at the Kkottongnae Retreat Camp, located in Temecula about 85 miles southeast of Los Angeles." Link

This is getting ridiculous. What is going on?

Offline ironhorsedriver

Re: 4 shot, 1 dead at Korean retreat center in Calif.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 07:44:18 AM »
It is sad, I feel for the victims and their families. Also, I fear what this and the other shootings will do to rile up the anti-gun crowd. I fear for the second amendment, especially with the current Administration and Congress.