Author Topic: question  (Read 2552 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
question
« on: August 31, 2012, 06:47:25 AM »
Once in a while, when checking "users on line" (it's something anybody can do, not just moderators and administrators), I see the notation someone's "marking posts read and unread."

How does one do that?

I got to "show unread posts since last visit," and I have only the option of marking them all "read," clearing the slate.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 06:55:42 AM »
Once in a while, when checking "users on line" (it's something anybody can do, not just moderators and administrators), I see the notation someone's "marking posts read and unread."

How does one do that?

I got to "show unread posts since last visit," and I have only the option of marking them all "read," clearing the slate.

The same basic principle and methodology applies to any list of posts the forum software presents.

For example if you view "General Discussion" or "The Lounge" - you can mark all the posts in there as read to cut down on the overall list of unread posts by clicking the appropriate button.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: question
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 07:44:14 AM »
Oh.

I thought they were "marking posts read and unread" under "show unread posts since last visit," not in the individual forums.
apres moi, le deluge