Author Topic: iphone ban?  (Read 2020 times)

Offline formerlurker

iphone ban?
« on: June 30, 2012, 05:27:53 PM »
SOOOO the long story longer is that much like many good folks here, my life is quite hectic, busy and otherwise insane.  My family demands are just one part of it, I have a lot of commitments and people who count on me daily... yada, yada, yada my escape to CC when I have precious free moments is my brain candy, my escape, my relaxation, my stolen moments away from the world.    SOOO you can only imagine when I logged on the other day to this message:

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry formerlurker, you are banned from using this forum!
Was banned under another screen name, UnCommon Sense. This is a violation of CCF's Terms of Use.

My first response was  :bawl:,  then I walked away, came back, tried again to same message and more  :bawl:.

I promptly contacted Carl and Sparky for assistance and Carl advised it was just a glitch, I wasn't banned (hooray!).    I logged on this morning from my desktop and all is well in the world again.    

SOOOO, then this afternoon when the kids are in the pool I grab my phone to check the board, articles, etc.   and  there is that message again.     I tried several times again, reset the phone, and it still has me as banned from my phone.    I am assuming the glitch is related to the iphone somehow?     Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.  

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: iphone ban?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 02:31:01 AM »
Bans can be IP address (or block of addresses), email address and user name or any combination of the three.

They can also be a software glitch - I've encountered this one myself.