Author Topic: Couple questions about SMF themes and mods.  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
Couple questions about SMF themes and mods.
« on: January 16, 2012, 08:16:53 PM »
is there a way to modify the theme "locally" meaning i can tweak a few things so that they only show up for me?
or do they have to be located on your server?

same with mods, is there a way i can add some mods or does that have to be done through the server, affecting everyone?

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: Couple questions about SMF themes and mods.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 03:31:11 PM »
If you want to do things beyond hiding forums and "ignoring" users that isn't covered in the available themes - it would require a customised theme be built for you on the server side.

Now you might be able to persuade one of the Admins to do this for you - but you'd probably best arrange a pallet of beer be delivered to them first.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Couple questions about SMF themes and mods.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 02:58:39 PM »
If you want to do things beyond hiding forums and "ignoring" users that isn't covered in the available themes - it would require a customised theme be built for you on the server side.

Now you might be able to persuade one of the Admins to do this for you - but you'd probably best arrange a pallet of beer be delivered to them first.

:II:

I don't drink cheap beer, either!!  :p
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson