Author Topic: New child board idea for the DUmpster  (Read 2611 times)

Offline jinxmchue

New child board idea for the DUmpster
« on: September 03, 2008, 11:45:18 PM »
A child board for general discussion of and comments about the DUmp and DUmp monkeys without having to provide links to DUmp threads.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: New child board idea for the DUmpster
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 03:59:50 AM »
I dunno, sir.

I've been bitching about removing child boards, not making up new ones.

I would really like to see the Ron Paul and democratwarrior child boards evaporate, their contents just tossed into the DUmpster as a whole.

The DUmpster is what its name implies, all the mishmash of all sorts of trash.

At our old home, the rule was that "Best/Worst of DU" would take threads involving only a link to Skins's island, and we here started out that way.  It gradually evolved, though, that remarks ABOUT primitives, with no specific link, became acceptable, and that seems to work out well.  And now it appears to be evolving that remarks TO lurking primitives, with no specific link, is  becoming acceptable.

I think that's okay; the final decision of course is up to Rebel, Thor, and Wretched Excess, but since lurking primitives seem to come here exclusively for the DUmpster--despite that primitive bonfires are posted in other forums here, too--and since our goal is Illumination and Enlightenment of the primitives, it's okay with me if someone (besides myself and asdf) posts a thread about or to the primitives in the DUmpster.

I leave it to Rebel, Thor, and Wretched Excess, but I'm fine with it.

I'd like to get rid of the Ron Paul and democratwarrior sub-forums, though.
apres moi, le deluge