Author Topic: Obama administration tries to kill e-mail case  (Read 674 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Obama administration tries to kill e-mail case
« on: February 21, 2009, 03:15:09 PM »
dixiegrrrrl  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-21-09 08:25 PM
Original message
 Source: Associated Press

By PETE YOST, Associated Press Writer Pete Yost, Associated Press Writer – 44 mins ago

WASHINGTON – The Obama administration, siding with former President George W. Bush, is trying to kill a lawsuit that seeks to recover what could be millions of missing White House e-mails.

"The new administration seems no more eager than the last" to deal with the issue, said Anne Weismann, chief counsel for Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, the other group that sued the EOP.

The Executive Office of the President includes the president's immediate staff and many White House offices and agencies.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090221/ap_on_go_pr_wh/whit...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sure there is more to this, and also sure it bears following.

Lorien  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-21-09 08:29 PM
Response to Original message
2. The question that will probably never be answered: why is he protecting them?
 Is it really just one big ol' club for the elite and they'll do whatever it takes to protect their own? I hope not, but none of this makes any sense otherwise.

JeffreyWilliamson  (998 posts)      Sat Feb-21-09 08:57 PM
Response to Reply #8
14. Exactly what I thought...
 Edited on Sat Feb-21-09 08:58 PM by JeffreyWilliamson
The AP doesn't isn't real high up on my unbiased source list these days. I note that the article doesn't quote any Obama DOJ official, or mention that they even tried to contact anyone at the DOJ. Instead it throws the statement out there that the "Obama Administration" is trying to get cases dismissed and quotes everyone and their grandmother that might have a beef with that. Not to mention the article is a little unclear in that it would appear these lawsuits were filed during the Bush Administration as a result of their actions, and it's only been 30 days since Obama took office.

I'm getting a "turn them against Obama" type of feeling from these stories.

Piewhacket (980 posts)      Sat Feb-21-09 08:42 PM
5. CREW? Oh, mannnn..... this isn't looking like "change" I can believe in.

Dr.Phool  (1000+ posts)        Sat Feb-21-09 08:53 PM
Response to Reply #5
11. But, it's Change you can make believe in!
No change, no hope.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: Obama administration tries to kill e-mail case
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 03:28:49 PM »
JMDEM  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-21-09 08:59 PM
Original message
This is bullshit, man. Bullshit. 
 http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090221/ap_on_go_pr_wh/whit...

The Obama administration, siding with former President George W. Bush, is trying to kill a lawsuit that seeks to recover what could be millions of missing White House e-mails.
 ...snip...
fascisthunter  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-21-09 09:01 PM
1. Moral of the Story... it's ok to break laws
 and make deals with the administration in power so there will be no accountability.

Oh and laws are for little people.

JMDEM  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-21-09 09:02 PM
2. So much for "open and transparent" government. nt
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5104705

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 04:26:13 PM »
Quote from:
Lorien

Is it really just one big ol' club for the elite and they'll do whatever it takes to protect their own?

In a sense, that's true.  Not that Bush did anything that warrants investigation, but the president in office doesn't want to open that particular Pandora's Box, because once it starts then the one who got the ball rolling will eventually be next.

That the DUmmies don't recognize that is what gets me.  Everytime I come to see just how politically stupid they are when it comes to understanding how things work, they go even deeper in the stupid pit.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 04:31:16 PM »
a lawsuit that seeks to recover what could be millions of missing White House e-mails.

I assume the lawsuit was filed against the Clinton administration (it had the first MILLIONS of "lost emails"), President Bush sided with the Clinton Administration, and now the Pork administration is siding with the Bush administration.

It would be the only possible scenario - in a world of reality.  After all, no one seriously would ignore the groundbreaking identical events that occurred during the Clinton administration while singling-out the Bush administration for litigation.

Oh wait.  The firing of federal attorneys.....nevermind.  

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 05:08:30 PM »
and now the Pork administration

H5!  I wish I had seen that before I went to my (batty) in-laws.

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 05:29:04 PM »
orien  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-21-09 08:29 PM
2. The question that will probably never be answered: why is he protecting them?

Because at some point in the future...someone will want to subpoena Obama's e-mails and he doesn't want to give them legal precedent to do so.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn