Author Topic: "Elites" is a Right-Wing Slur Word Rockhead  (Read 560 times)

Offline CC27

"Elites" is a Right-Wing Slur Word Rockhead
« on: January 13, 2020, 11:18:17 AM »
MineralMan (127,163 posts)

"Elites" is a Right-Wing Slur Word

Why would any Democrat use it in describing another Democrat? It's a word used by Republicans to refer to Democrats in general. "The Liberal Elites," etc.

Its use by our Democratic candidates against each other demonstrates a poor understanding of the attack language so carefully selected by the far right to slam Democrats.

It's a mistake. Nobody should be making such mistakes this early in the Primary race.

Language matters. Use it wisely.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287419783

Language matters? Is that a new lefty slogan like black lives matter?

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: "Elites" is a Right-Wing Slur Word Rockhead
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 12:32:51 PM »
Oh please.
We do not consider all democrats "elite".

We do consider all democrats to be shitheads.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 12:41:28 PM »
I usually use the word "elitists" to describe liberals rather than "elites", but no matter. Every time I've read libs trying to define what conservatives mean when they use that term, they have gotten it wrong, so I don't see that it makes much of a difference.

I don't believe I've ever seen a primary where the primitives have cried as much about the candidates attacking each other as I have this one. I've seen thread after thread over there of members begging everyone to quit attacking those who are not their candidate of choice, all the time seemingly ignoring the fact that they are often doing the exact same thing they accuse of others.

There was a time when the candidates would slug it out until there was a winner, and then they would mend fences and move to the next phase. Not anymore. They seem to only want the candidates to highlight their own "strengths" and then to only attack Trump. I'm not sure who thought that type of campaigning would be a winning strategy, but they're absolutely sure that anything but that will spell sure doom. To think like that is as simple-minded as one can get, which makes it unsurprising that the primitives adopted it immediately.

But it's looking more and more as if Crazy Uncle Bernie is going to win some upcoming primaries and carry his campaign all the way to the convention. And as the field narrows the attacks are only going to be more numerous and vicious, as will the primitives angst over it.

Fun times ahead!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 02:01:42 PM »
But it's looking more and more as if Crazy Uncle Bernie is going to win some upcoming primaries and carry his campaign all the way to the convention.

Then they will f**k him out of the nomination just like last time. The old fart is to stupid to learn from experience! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 04:33:35 PM »
I prefer limousine liberals, but that describes all of them. Well, except for Bernie, he drives an audi with a Lamborghini engine. Man of the people and all.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)