Author Topic: That time of year again  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
That time of year again
« on: August 03, 2010, 12:49:26 PM »
Which time, you ask? It's the Brett Favre Lottery. Apparently he won't be going back to the Vikings. But will he retire or find another team? Or will he stay in Minnesota?

Ah, dear readers, this is the question. And I don't know. If I had to guess though, he'll end up changing his mind and go back to the Vikes.

AP, of course...

AP
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
Re: That time of year again
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 01:21:48 PM »
Oh Lawdy. How many times now does this make it? 3? Unfortunately Favre has become a running joke. He shoulda retired years ago with dignity.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 03:16:12 PM »
Oh, and here I thought this was a thread about the collapse of the Red Sox.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline ConservativeJoeG

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 08:58:18 AM »
I'm pretty positive that he will be the QB of the Vikes by the time the season starts.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 03:04:23 PM »
Looks like Joe and I called it. Favre staying with the Vikes.

USA Today

Brett Favre couldn't get away from the "what ifs."

The Minnesota Vikings QB said Wednesday that the specter of the team's overtime loss in last season's NFC title game hung over him all offseason and helped drive his decision to return for a 20th NFL season on Tuesday.

"I couldn't help but think about football all the time, but I didn't want to think about it," Favre said after practicing with the Vikings for the first time since training camp opened.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 03:22:12 PM »
Looks like Joe and I called it. Favre staying with the Vikes.

USA Today

At the risk of alienating more than half the people here, I hope to hell A.J. Hawk stomps Favre like a narc at a biker rally... :evillaugh:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 11:12:12 PM »
At the risk of alienating more than half the people here, I hope to hell A.J. Hawk stomps Favre like a narc at a biker rally... :evillaugh:

You don't get to talk about football until you have a team.  And NO, the Raiders coming back doesn't count, because they're not a real football team.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 05:46:30 AM »
You don't get to talk about football until you have a team.  And NO, the Raiders coming back doesn't count, because they're not a real football team.

No shit, right? Back when I used to be a Bear fan, I spent many a Sunday morning at Tin Horn Flats in Burbank with all the other Chicago expats. Talk about beer hounds, man.  :beer:

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 01:15:39 PM »
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 07:54:39 PM »
No shit, right? Back when I used to be a Bear fan, I spent many a Sunday morning at Tin Horn Flats in Burbank with all the other Chicago expats. Talk about beer hounds, man.  :beer:

Burbank--pfft.  LOL.

For what it's worth, my old stomping grounds were Inglewood/Hawthorne as a kid (yeah, I know--white kid lives THERE?), then Hermosa/Redono Beaches when I was in recruiting, then behind the Orange Curtain after I got out of the Navy.  Burbank and the Valley just got too hot.