Author Topic: Pete Carroll to coach Seahawks  (Read 1053 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Pete Carroll to coach Seahawks
« on: January 08, 2010, 08:07:28 PM »
wow...
http://sea.scout.com/2/936253.html (news)

I've been listening to the speculation on sports radio since I heard Mora got fired this morning (wow in and of itself). Looks like it could be official. Hmmm

This Seattle fan is not yet sure what to think. Carroll is best known as a recruiter and that don't mean jack in the NFL. I know we could do worse and paying Mora 12M to do nothing does not mean much to Seattle's owner (Paul Allen of Microsoft dough) but still. I'm not sure what to make of this news yet. Pete is a great college coach but he has struggled as an NFL one. Seems to me my Hawks got desperate when Holmey signed up with the Browns. Who knows?

Time will tell...

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Pete Carroll to coach Seahawks
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 10:57:38 PM »
I wish he would so we wouldn't be subjected to 2 or 3 trips to L.A. every year, the couple 10 min. stories every Saturday about USC and him doing analysis for every game he isn't playing in on College Gameday year in and year out.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 10:00:14 AM »
He stunk in the NFL.

USC is a dream job.  I don't get these college coaches who are perfect fits for the college level that keep wanting to try the NFL, and especially those who have been there before and it didn't work out.  Top college coaches get paid big money, so I can't see that being it.  Gotta be an ego thing.  If he goes, what an idiot.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 02:05:56 PM »
He's in...
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2010/01/09/2010-01-09_report_seattle_seahawks_reach_deal_with_usc_head_coach_pete_carroll.html

There could be a bunch of factors here. Paul Allen just about doubled Pete's salary at USC. The recruiting violations investigations could be about to hit the fan. Carroll gets the shot to rebuild, restaff and be the Pres. of a team with two top 15 draft picks. (#6, #14) He just had his worst year at USC. (granted with a record many lessor programs would brag about)

I'm just not sure what to make of it yet. Heck I'm still in shock that Mora was fired despite the rough year we had. 
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
This is funny.  The Seahawks have to interview a minority as part of the process, so they're trying to get some black asst. coach from the Vikings to interview so they can comply with the rules, and after they interview him they can ignore him and hire Pete Carroll.  That's the crazy PC world we live in.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 04:04:46 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.