Author Topic: it's the WE happy hour thread for July 25th!!  (Read 32701 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: it's the WE happy hour thread for July 25th!!
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 09:20:22 PM »
Relaxing with a Blue Moon ( :-) ), and trying to catch up on anything good I missed while at work.   

I had this huge debate tonight about whether "beer connoisseur" was a contradiction in terms or not.

I don't think it is, considering I started drinking Miller Lite a couple months ago :uhsure: (I was told by someone who shall remain nameless: "Well, it's better than Natty Light" and I agreed.   :lmao:  )

It has more to do with  my mood and my budget (which is bad these days, so ML will be in my fridge more often.)

now matter how bad the economy (and SCREW GEORGE BUSH, DAMMIT  :-) ), miller lite is always a good deal.

in fact, miller lite MAY be a universal constant.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 09:20:31 PM »
I was relaxing while watching tv when a friend texted me over and over again waking me up from my slumber. 

I'm now wide awake and somewhat delirious from the benadryl I took earlier. 

Be gentle with me.

gentle sucks, and you know it. :whatever: :-)

Well, I am used to taking a little abuse from some people. 

hair pulling? :hyper:

Only a little, and start gently. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2008, 09:21:40 PM »
Relaxing with a Blue Moon ( :-) ), and trying to catch up on anything good I missed while at work.   

I had this huge debate tonight about whether "beer connoisseur" was a contradiction in terms or not.

I don't think it is, considering I started drinking Miller Lite a couple months ago :uhsure: (I was told by someone who shall remain nameless: "Well, it's better than Natty Light" and I agreed.   :lmao:  )

It has more to do with  my mood and my budget (which is bad these days, so ML will be in my fridge more often.)

I prefer Shiner Bock, but most of my friends drink Miller Lite, hence I end up drinking Miller Lite.

And in my frugality, you know it's cheaper per ounce to buy the 16 oz cans vs the 12 oz.  My friends and I have had this discussion.  LOL
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2008, 09:22:51 PM »

I prefer Shiner Bock, but most of my friends drink Miller Lite, hence I end up drinking Miller Lite.

And in my frugality, you know it's cheaper per ounce to buy the 16 oz cans vs the 12 oz.  My friends and I have had this discussion.  LOL

I knew that I liked you for a reason. :-)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 09:23:14 PM »
We have reoccurring little bugs in our master bathtub.  They look like little baby roaches (sort of) but they are never any bigger and we don't see them anywhere else in the house.  It is a mystery.

I was going to give Little Angel a bath when I discovered the bugs again.  I had to take every thing out of the tub area, exterminate, wash the skid mat, rinse the tub, Barkeep (scrub) the tub, rinse the tub, bleach the tub, scrub again, rinse again, and then draw the Little Angel's bath.  

I'm tired.  I need a drink.  I think I'll have a Dr Pepper.      

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2008, 09:23:50 PM »
I was relaxing while watching tv when a friend texted me over and over again waking me up from my slumber. 

I'm now wide awake and somewhat delirious from the benadryl I took earlier. 

Be gentle with me.

gentle sucks, and you know it. :whatever: :-)

Well, I am used to taking a little abuse from some people. 

I couldn't believe my friend.  He totally didn't get the hint when I was only replying with one or two words.   :whatever:

i only have a little abuse. :(

:-)

And you shall take abuse in return.   :-)
Stink Eye

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 09:24:25 PM »
We have reoccurring little bugs in our master bathtub.  They look like little baby roaches (sort of) but they are never any bigger and we don't see them anywhere else in the house.  It is a mystery.

I was going to give Little Angel a bath when I discovered the bugs again.  I had to take every thing out of the tub area, exterminate, wash the skid mat, rinse the tub, Barkeep (scrub) the tub, rinse the tub, bleach the tub, scrub again, rinse again, and then draw the Little Angel's bath. 

I'm tired.  I need a drink.  I think I'll have a Dr Pepper.     

umm, bathe more often. maybe?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2008, 09:24:43 PM »
Maybe you have a drain trap somewhere that has some buildup?  I have a tiny-bug problem, but they're the flying kind.  They show up when the weather is warm.  :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 09:24:48 PM »

LOL!   I'll keep that in mind about the 16 oz. cans.   :uhsure:

I've basically given up Sam Adams for Blue Moon as my favorite more expensive beer, but I'm giving ML another chance (though I won't be able to tease certain folks anymore...unless of course, there are some Natty Light fans around here...  :evillaugh:  )
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 09:26:53 PM »
We have reoccurring little bugs in our master bathtub.  They look like little baby roaches (sort of) but they are never any bigger and we don't see them anywhere else in the house.  It is a mystery.

I was going to give Little Angel a bath when I discovered the bugs again.  I had to take every thing out of the tub area, exterminate, wash the skid mat, rinse the tub, Barkeep (scrub) the tub, rinse the tub, bleach the tub, scrub again, rinse again, and then draw the Little Angel's bath. 

I can't.  The doctor made me cut it down to once a day.  We all use that one tub.  It sees more action than your liver.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 09:28:09 PM »

Everyone has their own formula.  I tend to stick with one brand, so my choices are 12- or 24-oz, 12-pack or suitcase.   :popcorn:

I think the 12-pack is actually cheaper, but I'm too lazy to carry two of them out to the car. 

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 09:29:14 PM »
Maybe you have a drain trap somewhere that has some buildup?  I have a tiny-bug problem, but they're the flying kind.  They show up when the weather is warm.  :(

It was last summer when we first had this problem.  Seasonal?  You could be on to something.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2008, 09:29:32 PM »

I can't.  The doctor made me cut it down to once a day.  We all use that one tub.  It sees more action than your liver.

laugh.  go ahead.

but when I woke up last saturday morning, my liver had left my body, and was trying to unlock to door.  it wanted to escape. :-)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2008, 09:30:34 PM »

Everyone has their own formula.  I tend to stick with one brand, so my choices are 12- or 24-oz, 12-pack or suitcase.   :popcorn:

I think the 12-pack is actually cheaper, but I'm too lazy to carry two of them out to the car. 

Yes, I shall see what the boys say tomorrow night.  Saturday night is our weekly drink night.  :)
Stink Eye

Offline jendf

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2008, 09:31:23 PM »

Everyone has their own formula.  I tend to stick with one brand, so my choices are 12- or 24-oz, 12-pack or suitcase.   :popcorn:

Beer Logistics should be a required course in college.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 09:31:32 PM »

Everyone has their own formula.  I tend to stick with one brand, so my choices are 12- or 24-oz, 12-pack or suitcase.   :popcorn:

Does your liquor store not have shopping carts?!   :uhsure:  (Mine does   :innocent: )

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 09:32:51 PM »

Yes, I shall see what the boys say tomorrow night.  Saturday night is our weekly drink night.  :)

all the lib boys are pussies. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 09:33:23 PM »

Does your liquor store not have shopping carts?!   :uhsure:  (Mine does   :innocent: )

THAT was freaking funny!

H5!

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 09:33:59 PM »

It was last summer when we first had this problem.  Seasonal?  You could be on to something.

I have found a total of 3 bugs in my house this summer.  I freaked out and screamed like a girl for each one.  Then I smashed the crap out of them.
Stink Eye

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 09:34:37 PM »

all the lib boys are pussies. :-)

You'd like my friends.  We're the "cool kids" at work.   :-)

We're thinking of inviting the new sales guy into the group. 
Stink Eye

Offline Chris_

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2008, 09:35:05 PM »
laugh.  go ahead.

but when I woke up last saturday morning, my liver had left my body, and was trying to unlock to door.  it wanted to escape. :-)

:rotf:

Offline jendf

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2008, 09:35:47 PM »

I have to drag my beer up three flights of stairs so I have to consider things like saving money versus wrenching my back for a stinking Budweiser.

I'm telling you...the discussion opportunities in a Beer Logistics class would be endless!

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2008, 09:35:59 PM »
Not bad myself. Most of the stitches are out,the rest on Monday. The weekend is free and after a week of not shaving because of the stitches I'm looking pretty scruffy.

MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2008, 09:37:31 PM »
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Damnitt man! trim the frelling nosehairs!!!
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2008, 09:38:13 PM »
laugh.  go ahead.

Were you drinking on a school night again!  *tisk* *tisk*
Stink Eye