Author Topic: State Police Airwing Pictures from Watertown manhunt.  (Read 29173 times)

Offline formerlurker

Re: State Police Airwing Pictures from Watertown manhunt.
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 06:03:51 PM »
ExGeeEye put it very well. I'm sick and tired of hearing all the braying about the suspect's "rights." Yeah, he's got rights. Hmmm. I wonder what happened to the rights of that 8-year-old boy who died at the hands of this ****ing "suspect?"

But more to my point. Massachusetts State Police -- at least a dozen of them -- engaged in a ****ing FIREFIGHT with this "suspect" while he's wounded in a boat and they don't manage to put this critter out of our misery? And render the boat into a sieve in the process?

Looks to me like instead of the Mass. State Police colonel who, in his ridiculous looking peaked cap, brayed on and on and on about how wonderful his troopers were really ought to take a look at how many rounds were expended at this "suspect" and yet they still fail to put this critter out of our misery.

Maybe some additional range time, colonel?

I saw the video tape and heard the flash-bangs and heard the firefight.

Mass. State Police -- your performance at the scene of the boat is shameful.

What firefight? They never shot at him.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 06:23:30 PM »
What firefight? They never shot at him.

Is this story inaccurate?

According to CBS News’ John Miller, three Boston police officers responded to the yard and saw the bloody suspect. Before they could call for backup, the suspect popped up from the boat and opened fire.

Officers returned fire. It is unclear if Tsarnaev was injured in that exchange, or if all of his injuries were sustained in a gunfight early Friday morning in another Watertown neighborhood.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/19/gunfire-in-watertown-minutes-after-police-scale-back-search/
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 06:38:50 PM »
Yes it is.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 06:39:51 PM »
Yes it is.

Link? Some kind of support for your statement?

Jesus, FL, you know how this works.  :whatever:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 07:27:26 PM »
I am going through the Globe timeline.  There are so many versions of what happened, but Boston police commissioner said today on face the nation the shots came from the boat.  Looking for a decent description, and the piece where it was stated they were told to take him alive.

The following was part of the reason for the lockdown.  They had to ensure there weren't IEDs dropped everywhere:

Boston Police commissioner: No suspect interview yet

WASHINGTON (AP) — Boston's police commissioner says the lone surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing is in serious condition and authorities have not been able to try to interrogate him.

Commissioner Edward Davis also tells CBS' "Face the Nation" that the crime scene from the early Friday firefight in Watertown, Mass., was "littered" with unexploded improvised explosive devices.

Davis says it's his belief that 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his 26-year-old brother Tamerlan "were going to attack other individuals" — and Davis says that's based on the evidence at the scene and the firepower that the brothers had.

Tamerlan died in the gunbattle with police in Watertown.

Davis says "this was as dangerous as it gets in urban policing."

http://scribblelive.mobi/Event/Live_blog_Explosion_in_Copley_Square?Page=161&Theme=4011

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 08:09:28 PM »
Davis, call came in to watertown police, and 3 officers, troopers and FBI went to Franklin St. A man called saying saw blood on boat,
by Milton Valencia via twitter April 19 at 9:45 PM

Davis: We exchanged gunfire with the suspect. The hostage rescue team tried to talk him out of the boat, but he was no communicating.

Ok, so when the tarp was still on boat some gunfire occurred from both sides - if this tweet is correct.  They had no idea where he was in boat.  The rest is on the state police video.

I would like to see the official state police report though because I see so many versions out there.   There is an article on the Globe that states they were "told" to take him alive.  I will look for it in morning.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 08:29:12 PM »
Davis, call came in to watertown police, and 3 officers, troopers and FBI went to Franklin St. A man called saying saw blood on boat,

Davis: We exchanged gunfire with the suspect. The hostage rescue team tried to talk him out of the boat, but he was no communicating.

Ok, so when the tarp was still on boat some gunfire occurred from both sides - if this tweet is correct.  They had no idea where he was in boat.  The rest is on the state police video.

I would like to see the official state police report though because I see so many versions out there.   There is an article on the Globe that states they were "told" to take him alive.  I will look for it in morning.

According to CBS, the suspect, who was forced out of the boat by 'flash-bangs,' had been shot in the neck and in the leg.

By 6pm cavalcades of police began arriving at Mr Henneberry's house.

Authorities re-issued their orders for residents to stay inside as dozens of heavily-armed Boston police and federal agents surrounded the house.

Neighbors reported hearing dozens of rounds of automatic weapons fire as police closed on the house.

Officers said Tsarnaev fired at them and that they returned fire.

Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old American citizen from Chechnya, was wounded by police at some point during a gun battle on Thursday night, authorities say.

Officers then backed off, hoping to take the suspect alive. Orders went out on Boston police radio that Tsarnaev was to be taken alive and that officers should not fire first and not return fire.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2311982/Boston-bombing-Watertown-homeowner-finds-suspect-Dzhokhar-Tsarnaev-boat.html#ixzz2R9SxVyog

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 10:16:08 PM »
Okay, that's fine, FL, but so far, multiple sources show that there WAS a firefight at the boat. The cops backed off, that part makes sense, but not before returning fire.

Which goes back to my earlier point --

I had stated that the Mass. State Police were on the scene. Evidently this isn't the case -- Boston Police and unnamed federal agents arrived, based on the UK Daily Mail story.

Regardless which cops were on the scene, they apparently just decided to shoot at the boat, managing to hit the perp in the leg and neck. Here you have cops (granted they'd just been fired upon, which causes the pucker factor to go up to levels most likely never before seen by these cops) who have taken cover and have targeted a boat. Let's say for the sake of argument it's a dozen cops.

They return fire and they can't permanently put the critter down. Then, of course, the head shed orders the cops on the scene to cease fire.

Looking at the layout and the relative close proximity to homes in the area, that part was prudent. God knows how many rounds went askew since those guys have trouble hitting their target.  :whatever:

Stop hi-fiving each other, boys, and get your asses to the range. You've got work to do.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 04:58:40 AM »
Okay, that's fine, FL, but so far, multiple sources show that there WAS a firefight at the boat. The cops backed off, that part makes sense, but not before returning fire.

Which goes back to my earlier point --

I had stated that the Mass. State Police were on the scene. Evidently this isn't the case -- Boston Police and unnamed federal agents arrived, based on the UK Daily Mail story.

Regardless which cops were on the scene, they apparently just decided to shoot at the boat, managing to hit the perp in the leg and neck. Here you have cops (granted they'd just been fired upon, which causes the pucker factor to go up to levels most likely never before seen by these cops) who have taken cover and have targeted a boat. Let's say for the sake of argument it's a dozen cops.

They return fire and they can't permanently put the critter down. Then, of course, the head shed orders the cops on the scene to cease fire.

Looking at the layout and the relative close proximity to homes in the area, that part was prudent. God knows how many rounds went askew since those guys have trouble hitting their target.  :whatever:

Stop hi-fiving each other, boys, and get your asses to the range. You've got work to do.

From the Boston police commissioner: 

Troopers = MA State Police

The suspect was in a boat with a tarp on it.  They had no idea where he was in the boat.  This whole shooting range stuff really is just baffling as I a more than sure you have never had to shoot while being shot at for 1, and 2, a great deal of law enforcement in this state are former or current veterans with Iraq/Afghanistan experience.   

I would imagine the swat teams (who are the ones who responded to this event) are good shots as that is the requirement of their position.   

I will get everyone the law enforcement emails addresses so y'all can address your expert concerns directly to them.    :whatever:

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 09:22:24 AM »
Now they speculate that the neck wound was a suicide attempt.

Of course, he and his brother were in a big shoot-out," said Miller. "But [investigators are] saying that wound to the back of the neck is very possibly a suicide attempt. They say it appears from the wound that he might have stuck a gun in his mouth, and fired and actually just went out the back of his neck without killing him. That's one of the reasons he's unable to communicate, but he can understand what they're saying. And they believe there will be a point where he will be able to talk to him.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57580608/boston-bombing-suspect-in-serious-condition/

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 09:24:58 AM »
If that is true, that is one hell of an epic fail.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 12:01:12 PM »
From the Boston police commissioner: 
Troopers = MA State Police

The suspect was in a boat with a tarp on it.  They had no idea where he was in the boat.  This whole shooting range stuff really is just baffling as I a more than sure you have never had to shoot while being shot at for 1, and 2, a great deal of law enforcement in this state are former or current veterans with Iraq/Afghanistan experience.   

I would imagine the swat teams (who are the ones who responded to this event) are good shots as that is the requirement of their position.   

I will get everyone the law enforcement emails addresses so y'all can address your expert concerns directly to them.    :whatever:

Save yourself the trouble. Once again, you've got any number of cops/troopers/rent-a-cops that have put a perimeter around the boat. They're behind cover, meaning they're protected. The bleeding perp lets loose a dozen or more rounds from whatever weapon he's bleeding all over. Cops return fire.

And miss. More than a few times.  :lmao:

The boat wasn't that big. And they had thermal imaging of the perp IN the boat.

Jeezus, FL. A comedy act. That's what this was. A f'n comedy act.  :rotf:

I know you love your cops, and I'm glad they're serving you well. Aren't they?.....Hello?.......Bueller?

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 11:20:39 PM »
Save yourself the trouble. Once again, you've got any number of cops/troopers/rent-a-cops that have put a perimeter around the boat. They're behind cover, meaning they're protected. The bleeding perp lets loose a dozen or more rounds from whatever weapon he's bleeding all over. Cops return fire.

I know you love your cops, and I'm glad they're serving you well. Aren't they?.....Hello?.......Bueller?

The police were able to capture #2 and no bystanders or those in homes were killed in cross fire. It ended well. Sounds like the police actually did ok when you look at the big picture. Enough said.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2013, 05:18:57 AM »

When police found out Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was the bloody body in a Watertown boat, they called on the MBTA SWAT team to capture him.

Four men of the 10-member team gathered behind a Kevlar shield to walk toward the man who is suspected of shooting one of their own, Transit officer Richard Donohue.

“It kind of seemed like it was going to be the culmination of the week,” said 
T Officer Jeff Campbell. “Because at that point he had nowhere to run.”

But he was armed, and the team thought he had explosives, and could have rigged the boat to explode as well.

“As he was wobbling back and forth, his hand kept disappearing under the boat,” Campbell said. “I assumed every time he did that, he was reaching for a weapon or some type of ignition switch for an explosive.”

Even with that fear, the team walked forward, yelling for Tsarnaev to get out of the boat. He didn’t move. When the officers saw both of his hands in the open, they rushed forward.

Officer Campbell lifted him out of the boat, while T Officer Saro Thompson handcuffed him.

“We then picked him up and ran like hell away from that boat because we still don’t know if it’s rigged to explode,” Campbell said.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/04/t_swat_team_we_were_just_doing_our_job

His brother had a suicide belt on.   They were told to take him alive.  Blah blah blah... it doesn't matter because you are an armchair warrior who would have done it all differently.

Look here Eupher -- they ran like hell.   More material for you to chuckle over from anywhere but in danger USA.

:whatever:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2013, 09:47:23 AM »
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/04/t_swat_team_we_were_just_doing_our_job

His brother had a suicide belt on.   They were told to take him alive.  Blah blah blah... it doesn't matter because you are an armchair warrior who would have done it all differently.

Look here Eupher -- they ran like hell.   More material for you to chuckle over from anywhere but in danger USA.

:whatever:

:rotf: Armchair warrior!  :lmao: That's me!

Look, now that I'm done wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing so much, kudos to the cops for doing their jobs.

Looks to me they did what they signed up to do.

But apart from that, yeah, it takes balls to hide behind a Kevlar shield and approach a murderer who's been wounded for several hours at this point, has lost a significant amount of blood, and - per the article - he was "wobbling back and forth."

Well, I guess we can lay that whole thing to rest now, can't we?  :lmao:

Your heroes got the bad guy! Leaking blood and hiding out in a boat, they got the bad guy!  :yahoo:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2013, 10:09:06 AM »
:rotf: Armchair warrior!  :lmao: That's me!

Look, now that I'm done wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing so much, kudos to the cops for doing their jobs.

Looks to me they did what they signed up to do.

But apart from that, yeah, it takes balls to hide behind a Kevlar shield and approach a murderer who's been wounded for several hours at this point, has lost a significant amount of blood, and - per the article - he was "wobbling back and forth."

Well, I guess we can lay that whole thing to rest now, can't we?  :lmao:

Your heroes got the bad guy! Leaking blood and hiding out in a boat, they got the bad guy!  :yahoo:

Did you actually read the article.  It wasn't the suspect, it was the concern the boat was rigged with explosives.

Why do you keep ignoring the IEDs? 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2013, 11:29:18 AM »
Did you actually read the article.  It wasn't the suspect, it was the concern the boat was rigged with explosives.

Why do you keep ignoring the IEDs? 

Yes, I read the article. Cops can and have said things to justify their actions, even when on the slightly ridiculous side. Cops have to consider a great many things, that is true, but a bleeding man planting a bomb on a boat doesn't pass the smell test. A terrorist wearing a suicide vest, you betcha, but not blowing up some poor schmuck's boat.

Why do you keep repeating yourself?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2013, 04:16:57 PM »
Yes, I read the article. Cops can and have said things to justify their actions, even when on the slightly ridiculous side. Cops have to consider a great many things, that is true, but a bleeding man planting a bomb on a boat doesn't pass the smell test. A terrorist wearing a suicide vest, you betcha, but not blowing up some poor schmuck's boat.

Why do you keep repeating yourself?

What? God are you stretching now. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2013, 05:53:45 PM »
What? God are you stretching now. 

Just call me Gumby!